400 whp Stock block Redtop - GT2871r .64 power!

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
codyace
Car: S14 w/redtop

idahotuner wrote:so do you thin ka divided o2 houseing makes much difference over a non divided on.
Yes. The longer those pulses are divided, up to a certain point, the better.

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

codyace wrote:Name of shop? And in all seriousness, the only thing that would requre a change of tune on the MAF cars is if you upgrade to a differnent MAF, injectors, andor build your motor and change compression. Once you go Z32 or Cobra, you never change, and 9/10 times, 72 lb injectors are never cahnged out either.

But to each is own, not hating, just trying to give you a real world viewpoint on them....
thanks for the info its helpful. i'll have to look at the name of teh shop again, as its slipping my mind atm. they were recommended to me by my friend who's making the power i've seen w/ a stock turbo. are there any rom tunes that will support a q45 mafs? i didnt think there were any but im not positive

codyace

White Comet wrote:thanks for the info its helpful. i'll have to look at the name of teh shop again, as its slipping my mind atm. they were recommended to me by my friend who's making the power i've seen w/ a stock turbo. are there any rom tunes that will support a q45 mafs? i didnt think there were any but im not positive
Q45 would work with box JWT and Enthalpy. All the ECU needs to know is what the TPS voltage is...size of TB has nothing to do with it.

White Comet

cool, thank you, i'll reconsider rom tunes then, i was told in a thread i made by a few ppl that it woudl not work w/ a q45 mafs

idahotuner
Car: 2012 ram 2500 6.7 cummins, 93 Sileighty and 93 civic hatch, polaris ranger 2011

codyace wrote:
Yes. The longer those pulses are divided, up to a certain point, the better.
makes sense but i am trying to decide if it is worth 60 more dollars. between the megan racing one and a circuit sport on.

codyace

idahotuner wrote:
makes sense but i am trying to decide if it is worth 60 more dollars. between the megan racing one and a circuit sport on.
Get the Greddy one, and have no worries/issues...

White Comet

idahotuner wrote:
are u talking about the circuit sport one that is the dp and turbo extension put together?

idahotuner
Car: 2012 ram 2500 6.7 cummins, 93 Sileighty and 93 civic hatch, polaris ranger 2011

wow yea that is like 200 bucks. hmmmm.... it owuld be nice to not have any worries.

hey what clutch are you running

codyace

idahotuner wrote:wow yea that is like 200 bucks. hmmmm.... it owuld be nice to not have any worries.
It's worth EVERY penny.

Little saying that they have on the wall of a local Porsche shop:

Cheap Fast Reliable

If it's cheap and fast, it's not reliableIf it's cheap and reliable, it's not fastIf it's fash and reliable, it's not cheap

I've never seen Greddy issues, but have with the C/S (to include other products from them as well), and have certainly seen and read about MR issues...
idahotuner wrote:hey what clutch are you running
Jim Wolf. It's actually the 'stage 1' Z33 (350z) clutch and flywheel combo. Nice sprung, full disc. Drives like baby. I absolutly hate cars with big chattery/finnicky aggressive puck setups. The JWT one is good for 450 ft lbs IIRC.

idahotuner

White Comet wrote:are u talking about the circuit sport one that is the dp and turbo extension put together?
no just the normal cs turbo extension

idahotuner

so i am planing on getting a ACT clutch fly wheel combo. the one that holds up to like 460 LB tq i think. i want to be able t oget my motor back in my car at the end of the month.

TransAxle
Car: Looking for a S14

i am curious though on this setup how much you have into just motor/performance? cusious in comparing how much i am looking at spending on my set up!

codyace

TransAxle wrote:i am curious though on this setup how much you have into just motor/performance? cusious in comparing how much i am looking at spending on my set up!
A lot....but nothing was spent foolishly IMO.

The only 'non name brand' performance parts on my car, is the MR downpipe, and MR cat delete pipe. I guess you could also include the Strut Brace (but that came from Courtesy Nissan), and the Engine Dampner (Phase 2 in house brand), but thats about it....

In that same respect, I also don't have any wild rare/exotic JDM crap on my car either...I can't justify the price of some stuff they try to sell. Theh point of my car was to show everyone that awesome power was achievable on 'normal/attainable' parts...

White Comet

codyace wrote:I've never seen Greddy issues, but have with the C/S (to include other products from them as well), and have certainly seen and read about MR issues...
have u had any experience w/ the CS dp and turbo extension all in one piece? i'm looking into getting it but if its crap i dont want to. i have a few CS pieces and i really like em and havent had any issues

codyace

White Comet wrote:have u had any experience w/ the CS dp and turbo extension all in one piece? i'm looking into getting it but if its crap i dont want to. i have a few CS pieces and i really like em and havent had any issues
I know this may come off as very cocky, but if My car doesn't have the part, then I don't think it's the better peice, or the right thing to get. (all things considered obviously...there are some much nicer things, but not everyone can afford or own them)

I have a greddy o2 housing, and a MR downpipe.

White Comet

ok, thanks for the input. i have another question about rom tuning. where do u suggest getting one from?

idahotuner

he told me JWT or enthalpy. he went with JWT though

White Comet

i just checked over the thread where i asked about it and i was told enthalpy wont tune for the q45 mafs, what site has a good price on jwt then?

codyace

White Comet wrote:ok, thanks for the input. i have another question about rom tuning. where do u suggest getting one from?
I hate to be this way, but you should spend some time reading the thread in it's entirity, instead of just posting new questions. I have no issues helping, but no tolerance for those who don't read.

Like I said, there shouldn't be an issue for Q45 maf (as you end up using the same TPS, but was not sure if enthalpy does or doesn't do it.

JWT

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com Maybe ask them? I couldn't be completly wrong, but I'm fairly sure it wouldn't make a difference.

White Comet

sorry about that, i didnt know if the question was already answered and i didnt want to read 4 pages to find that it wasnt, i'll do more reading and thank you for your help

TransAxle
Car: Looking for a S14

codyace wrote:
A lot....but nothing was spent foolishly IMO.

The only 'non name brand' performance parts on my car, is the MR downpipe, and MR cat delete pipe. I guess you could also include the Strut Brace (but that came from Courtesy Nissan), and the Engine Dampner (Phase 2 in house brand), but thats about it....

In that same respect, I also don't have any wild rare/exotic JDM crap on my car either...I can't justify the price of some stuff they try to sell. Theh point of my car was to show everyone that awesome power was achievable on 'normal/attainable' parts...
yeah but how much not down to the exact penny but just a general roun d # in performance related parts alone. When i start my build in the next few weeks i am curious as to if my added cost i have come up with so far are correct?!?!?!!?

codyace

TransAxle wrote:
yeah but how much not down to the exact penny but just a general roun d # in performance related parts alone. When i start my build in the next few weeks i am curious as to if my added cost i have come up with so far are correct?!?!?!!?
You'll pay the same as anyone else does, so why would they be different

idahotuner

oh sneaky. lol

the thing that really gets you when buying parts, is replacing the parts you wouldnt think needed to be replaced. the little things that add up.

i had a bunch of tinny things i had to replace before i could even start buying the parts i wanted. and then breaking little things adds up to it sucks lol

codyace

idahotuner wrote:oh sneaky. lol

the thing that really gets you when buying parts, is replacing the parts you wouldnt think needed to be replaced. the little things that add up.

i had a bunch of tinny things i had to replace before i could even start buying the parts i wanted. and then breaking little things adds up to it sucks lol
For sure! Glad you brought this point up. MANY people tend to forget about cost of gaskets, supplies, tools, etc etc. When I've given people quotes, they're like 'oh but XXX is cheaper blah blah'. I remind them, that XXX is only giving yout the basic rate, and they typically change...

Z28ricer
Car: Cars

Did you get the Level I or II extrude honing on the exhaust manifold ?

idahotuner

when buying parts i have found that savng 10 dollars here 5 therer ads up really fast. do alot of research and decided from there. that is waht iam doing. and how i can say i am tryign to get the best bang for the buck. not using cheep stuff but finding good deals on stuff.

codyace

Z28ricer wrote:Did you get the Level I or II extrude honing on the exhaust manifold ?
I got the level 2 on the manifold, but asked them to retain the divider wall as much as possible.

I got a 1 on the turbine housing (their only option)

Also had both parts matched
idahotuner wrote:when buying parts i have found that savng 10 dollars here 5 therer ads up really fast. do alot of research and decided from there. that is waht iam doing. and how i can say i am tryign to get the best bang for the buck. not using cheep stuff but finding good deals on stuff.
True, but buying alot from the same vender normally gets a discount, and you save on shipping. Waiting to save 5 bucks, only to pay more on shipping isn't worth my time.

idahotuner

true shipping does kill. that is why i try to do my purchases in bulk lol. and almost everything i buy from one vendor

Kalypso

posting just for the sake of a BUMP!!!!!!!!!

idahotuner

this is a pretty nice build.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”