4 Wheel Steer Problems on the M37S

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
skdeezee214
Car: 2011 M56 S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ9S2vVAV6s

watch me fix my 4was system...probably the same issue with yours.

Jstephens
Car: 2011 M37s

Hi guys , same issue 2011m37s with the 4was, slip and traction light on. I did what one guy on YouTube said about removing the cover under the rear to clean the coil next to the actuator..that worked for a few month, I was super hype thought the issue was behind me until 2 days ago, same issue started happening again. I cleaned again and now the lights are still there. Infiniti of course is quoting 6k rear steering actuator which I heard won’t fix. Not good, as mouth as I like Infiniti, with this type of reliability and safety issue , 6k to fix??!?! It is not worth spending the money buying they brand any more...for the question if this affects the performance, the answer is absolutely!! the car turns and on a straight away feels like it’s pulling into the next lane, the rear feels like it’s,wobbling. It’s like having a broke subframe, it goes into a death wobble. Serious safety and performance issue..

jmissile
Car: 2011 m56s

rjoe wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:09 pm
My 11 M56S has had a strange rear steer issue, but it's only noticeable at speed. Took it to the dealer, they 'reset' the system whatever that means to no avail. I tried replacing the relay in the trunk, that didn't help either. I don't have any dash lights at this time.

The issue Is that when you're accelerating at speed - on ramps are typically the worst. When I'm above 35-40mph & on-throttle it feels like the rear steering is wiggling back and forth. It's definitely controllable and not 'violent' but something is activating when it shouldn't be.
Any updates on your car or is it still doing the same thing?

Geber
Car: Infiniti M37

Been having the same problem with my wife's M37S. Have replaced a lot of parts so far to no avail. Has anyone tried replacing the HICAS CONTROL MODULE in the trunk (P/N 28505-1MT0D) and did this work? Thanks.

M37SS
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37 S

rjoe wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:09 pm
My 11 M56S has had a strange rear steer issue, but it's only noticeable at speed. Took it to the dealer, they 'reset' the system whatever that means to no avail. I tried replacing the relay in the trunk, that didn't help either. I don't have any dash lights at this time.

The issue Is that when you're accelerating at speed - on ramps are typically the worst. When I'm above 35-40mph & on-throttle it feels like the rear steering is wiggling back and forth. It's definitely controllable and not 'violent' but something is activating when it shouldn't be.
I have the same exact thing going on with mine. I don’t have any lights on but I have the same wiggle when accelerating on a ramp or sweeping curve. Whatever happened with your car, did you fix it before it got worse?

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”