3rd GEN NISSAN ROGUE MEMBERS = POST YOUR INTRO

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
twong26
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue

BKkid wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:15 am
Hello New Member here ....just got 2021 Rogue SL with Premium package ..... this is are 7th Nissan that I have bought ...... onlythings this is missing is a homelink mirror and two hitch for my bike rack ..... any advise greatly appreciated....
Hi BKkid. Nissan sells the frameless mirror with universal remote. Would that work for you?

https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/Nissan_20 ... 5ZW03.html

GARogue
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum AWD

Hey Everyone! Brand new to the forum and I've been in a 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum AWD since June. Love the car- such an upgrade from the previous body style. A few things I think Nissan could improve upon:

1. Apple Wireless Carplay: it's finicky. Sometimes it connects lightning fast and other times, I have to manually connect my phone for it to start. IF there's a reason I need to disconnect from it, trying to reconnect is a huge pain. I've also noticed that when I try and take Microsoft Teams calls from my Outlook account, the system will actually shut off and reboot. The ONLY way I can take those calls is to disconnect Carplay and then Bluetooth will pick up the call so I can drive hands free.

2. There needs to be more control for illuminating/dimming the digital gauge cluster. You go from extremely bright to dim and not much fine tuning in between. I wish there were a few more options to have the screens a bit brighter. Also, there seems to be a lag going from tunnels to daylight. The display is quick to dim and the auto headlight feature kicks on wonderfully, but once you exit the tunnel and you're back in broad daylight, it takes a few extra seconds it seems to return the displays to daylight and turn off the headlights.

3. I love the seats in my Platinum, but they need to have a ventilated option. I can understand just doing heated seats on the lower trim levels, but at the Platinum trim, ventilated seats should be standard.

4. Transition to ALL LED lighting. The interior lighting should be all LED inside the cabin (map lights, entry/exit lights etc). The exterior lighting that still needs to transition are the rear turn signals, back up lights & license plate lights. Again, I can see the lower trim levels still retaining the halogen bulbs, but when you opt for the Platinum trim, it really should include ALL LED technology to complement the rest of the vehicle.

5. It would be fun to see the car interact with the driver a little more. There are currently no themes that change in the digital gauge cluster when you select different drive modes. I'd like to see the display have red accents and maybe a different speedometer view when you go into sport mode, green accents when you go into ECO mode, maybe orange or blue when you go into snow etc. Again, not the end all, be all- however, this car is VERY capable of competing with Lexus, Mercedes, BMW etc. and these little touches would really complete the package.

6. Along those lines, I'd like to see a few color options for the ambient lighting as well. The white is clean, crisp and easy on the eyes, but again, on the Platinum trim level, it would be nice to see some added flexibility there.

Overall, I love the car. I've put 8k miles on it in just a few months and it's been a breeze to drive. The interior is 100x better than the older body style, the sound insulation is a 1000% better than outgoing models and I personally am very drawn to the exterior styling as well. Several people have mistaken it for a new Lexus. I've enjoyed it so much so, I've opted to start my own YouTube channel and it is the first review on there! For the folks at Nissan, I think you're 95% there, it's just the small finishing details that are going to take this new platform to the next level!

Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix Link(s)

1rogue

Just got my blue Rogue Platinum AWD! My first Nissan and I am loving it!

tleparskas
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I've just purchased a Pearly White 2021 Rogue SV AWD late in the year. It replaces a 2019 that was in an accident.

So far after a week of driving I'm very happy - but have a question about the ventilation system a user might be able to answer.

I want to JUST send outside air through the vents - not cooled - not warmed - especially on these late summer days with windows open driving.

Is there a way to just vent fresh air with the dual climate control kicking in.

I want just air and fan speed control.

Nobody at my Nissan dealer has a clue - so I'm thinkjing they really screwed this up since my 2019 Rogue. The engineers obviously thought no one would ever want that.

Any ideas?

Also, with this new ac/heating system is the compressor always engaged so that it can adjust temps????

Tom Leparskas
Canada

RandomRogue
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum
2016 Nissan Rogue SL
2010 Nissan Sentra S

tleparskas wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:11 am
I've just purchased a Pearly White 2021 Rogue SV AWD late in the year. It replaces a 2019 that was in an accident.

So far after a week of driving I'm very happy - but have a question about the ventilation system a user might be able to answer.

I want to JUST send outside air through the vents - not cooled - not warmed - especially on these late summer days with windows open driving.

Is there a way to just vent fresh air with the dual climate control kicking in.

I want just air and fan speed control.

Nobody at my Nissan dealer has a clue - so I'm thinkjing they really screwed this up since my 2019 Rogue. The engineers obviously thought no one would ever want that.

Any ideas?

Also, with this new ac/heating system is the compressor always engaged so that it can adjust temps????

Tom Leparskas
Canada
Signed up just to answer your question Tom.
I just took delivery of 2021 Platinum yesterday.
Starting from all climate control Off; The Gen 2s ventilation would allow you to turn on vent only by pressing just the directional airflow button. i.e. The dash vent or dash+floor vent icon. This would then indicate the system as on but with zero fan speed. As long as you did not change to defrost or use AC it would remain vent only and you could change the fan speed.

As for the Gen 3, I tried the same: all climate Off. Press directional airflow button. The system lights up and shows zero fan. But the air seems cooler than I expect it to be. It may be due to the fact that I was rolling out of the dealer parking lot and had been testing everything just prior.

Give it a try and see if it gets the results you want.

Buttman

Good day everyone. Thank you for the add to the group. Just purchased my first Nissan. 2021 Rogue Platinum in gunmetal grey about 3 months ago. I am constantly amazed at the technology this vehicle has. My Wife drives it more than me (I have a 2012 GMC Acadia SLT). Wife doesn't like, or is uncomfortable with the Pro Pilot assist. She does a lot of highway driving and uses Cruise control a lot but doesn't like the feedback from the pro pilot assist. I'm trying to convince her it is a great safety feature. I've contacted Nissan customer care to see if the cruise can be used without the PP assist but haven't heard back from them yet.

Couple small issues are an annoying squeak in the front drivers wheel area it seems like. when you hit a bump at low speed with window open it is very clear. I took it to the dealership just after we had a heavy rain and they couldn't find the squeak but it came back after a day in the sun. The other issue is the outside rear view mirror on drivers side vibrates and blurs at highway speed. Dealer said nothing they can do about it.

Other than this I love this new Rogue. Anyone else have these similar problems?

Glenn

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome new members!

As a reminder, this thread is basically a way to introduce yourself. If you're have a particular problem with your vehicle please create a thread for the issue(s) so it can be addressed properly. Thanks!

Buttman

Rogue One wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:11 am
Welcome new members!

As a reminder, this thread is basically a way to introduce yourself. If you're have a particular problem with your vehicle please create a thread for the issue(s) so it can be addressed properly. Thanks!
Sorry about that. My bad. Newby screw up. I was just going to say hello but saw other posts concerning issues so thought I would ad mine. Great forum here.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Buttman wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:25 am
Rogue One wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:11 am
Welcome new members!

Sorry about that. My bad. Newby screw up. I was just going to say hello but saw other posts concerning issues so thought I would ad mine. Great forum here.
No worries. My bad for not keeping a closer eye on this thread.

cmartyn

Just test drove and bought one yesterday. Traded in my 2009 on it. Just waiting for the fog lights to get installed.

muaythai2006
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV

This is my second rogue...so far I am happy with it but just the suspension is more stiff then the 2012 rogue....feel through the bone when hitting small pot hole or un even road...

cheaptaco3

HI everyone! This is my first Nissan, a 2021 Rogue SV AWD. Wasn't planning on getting a new car with all the chip shortage situation, but the transmission and a few other factors on my previous car (a 13 Fusion) ended up pushing me towards looking for something new.

Glad to be here and looking forward to modding my 'Karen mobile'!

mlphouston

Just purchased a new 2021 Rogue Platinum right before Christmas. I love the drive of my new SUV but I love the look of black on black vehicles. So I put it in a custom shop yesterday. Powder coated the OEM wheels and did a chrome delete. Picked it up today and LOVE the result!
10596F39-3BC0-42F3-9AC6-C50E5AC2B398.jpeg
A4570745-A4D7-400B-8707-7582BA773487.jpeg
These are the after and before.

II Kings 9:20

I've owned over 60 cars including a Cube my wife won in a contest almost 10 years ago.

2021 Rogue SV silver/charcoal picked up yesterday 12/29/21.

Love the tech and the way it drives.

I'm a Honda guy, 7 Hondas and 5 MDX and was all set on the CRV.

After driving the Rogue, I liked it better than the CRV which really surprised me. I didn't like the CRV engine as well nor it's exterior design.

The auto rear braking, driver and passenger knee airbags, rear side airbags, and surround view camera are big features the CRV EX lacks.
The CRV Ex adds moonroof (which I hate) and walk away auto door locking (no buttons or fobs to hit) which we have on my wife's 2018 MDX Hybrid and it is super convenient, even more so than cap-less fuel filling which I thought was a stupid idea by Ford 8-9 years ago and oh how wrong I was when I first experienced it on my 2017 Pacifica. Once you go cap-less, you don't go back.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

GARogue wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:19 am
Hey Everyone! Brand new to the forum and I've been in a 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum AWD since June. Love the car- such an upgrade from the previous body style. A few things I think Nissan could improve upon:

1. Apple Wireless Carplay: it's finicky. Sometimes it connects lightning fast and other times, I have to manually connect my phone for it to start. IF there's a reason I need to disconnect from it, trying to reconnect is a huge pain. I've also noticed that when I try and take Microsoft Teams calls from my Outlook account, the system will actually shut off and reboot. The ONLY way I can take those calls is to disconnect Carplay and then Bluetooth will pick up the call so I can drive hands free.

2. There needs to be more control for illuminating/dimming the digital gauge cluster. You go from extremely bright to dim and not much fine tuning in between. I wish there were a few more options to have the screens a bit brighter. Also, there seems to be a lag going from tunnels to daylight. The display is quick to dim and the auto headlight feature kicks on wonderfully, but once you exit the tunnel and you're back in broad daylight, it takes a few extra seconds it seems to return the displays to daylight and turn off the headlights.

3. I love the seats in my Platinum, but they need to have a ventilated option. I can understand just doing heated seats on the lower trim levels, but at the Platinum trim, ventilated seats should be standard.

4. Transition to ALL LED lighting. The interior lighting should be all LED inside the cabin (map lights, entry/exit lights etc). The exterior lighting that still needs to transition are the rear turn signals, back up lights & license plate lights. Again, I can see the lower trim levels still retaining the halogen bulbs, but when you opt for the Platinum trim, it really should include ALL LED technology to complement the rest of the vehicle.

5. It would be fun to see the car interact with the driver a little more. There are currently no themes that change in the digital gauge cluster when you select different drive modes. I'd like to see the display have red accents and maybe a different speedometer view when you go into sport mode, green accents when you go into ECO mode, maybe orange or blue when you go into snow etc. Again, not the end all, be all- however, this car is VERY capable of competing with Lexus, Mercedes, BMW etc. and these little touches would really complete the package.

6. Along those lines, I'd like to see a few color options for the ambient lighting as well. The white is clean, crisp and easy on the eyes, but again, on the Platinum trim level, it would be nice to see some added flexibility there.

Overall, I love the car. I've put 8k miles on it in just a few months and it's been a breeze to drive. The interior is 100x better than the older body style, the sound insulation is a 1000% better than outgoing models and I personally am very drawn to the exterior styling as well. Several people have mistaken it for a new Lexus. I've enjoyed it so much so, I've opted to start my own YouTube channel and it is the first review on there! For the folks at Nissan, I think you're 95% there, it's just the small finishing details that are going to take this new platform to the next level!

Great Intro!
I'll go and check out your youtube channel ASAP!

PalmerWMD

mlphouston wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:27 pm
Just purchased a new 2021 Rogue Platinum right before Christmas. I love the drive of my new SUV but I love the look of black on black vehicles. So I put it in a custom shop yesterday. Powder coated the OEM wheels and did a chrome delete. Picked it up today and LOVE the result!10596F39-3BC0-42F3-9AC6-C50E5AC2B398.jpegA4570745-A4D7-400B-8707-7582BA773487.jpeg

Looks stunning!! :yesnod

PalmerWMD

II Kings 9:20 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:36 pm
I've owned over 60 cars including a Cube my wife won in a contest almost 10 years ago.

After driving the Rogue, I liked it better than the CRV which really surprised me. I didn't like the CRV engine as well nor it's exterior design.

The auto rear braking, driver and passenger knee airbags, rear side airbags, and surround view camera are big features the CRV EX lacks.
The CRV Ex adds moonroof (which I hate) and walk away auto door locking (no buttons or fobs to hit) which we have on my wife's 2018 MDX Hybrid and it is super convenient, even more so than cap-less fuel filling which I thought was a stupid idea by Ford 8-9 years ago and oh how wrong I was when I first experienced it on my 2017 Pacifica. Once you go cap-less, you don't go back.
We love to see "defectors" from Honda on here !! :dblthumb:

PalmerWMD

cheaptaco3 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:35 am
HI everyone! This is my first Nissan, a 2021 Rogue SV AWD. Wasn't planning on getting a new car with all the chip shortage situation, but the transmission and a few other factors on my previous car (a 13 Fusion) ended up pushing me towards looking for something new.

The Rogue rocks! No need to call it that! :lolling:
Welcome to Nico! :yesnod

macgiver

" cheaptaco-mobile 3 " sounds better ?? :facepalm:
:rotflmao..mod.........& turn it into a food truck ! :spitout:

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

cheaptaco3 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:35 am

Nah, you gotta call it the Soccer Mommy mobile. The "Karen" Mobile consists of the entire Toyota SUV lineup and the Corolla. And welcome to the Rogue crew, where aftermarket support barely exists.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

II Kings 9:20 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:36 pm

May we have ran into each other over at the MDX forums? Honda is very stubborn to add the 360 camera.

GeeForce

mlphouston wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:27 pm
Just purchased a new 2021 Rogue Platinum right before Christmas. I love the drive of my new SUV but I love the look of black on black vehicles. So I put it in a custom shop yesterday. Powder coated the OEM wheels and did a chrome delete. Picked it up today and LOVE the result!10596F39-3BC0-42F3-9AC6-C50E5AC2B398.jpegA4570745-A4D7-400B-8707-7582BA773487.jpeg

Hi, I have a 2021 SV AWD Premium package. I wanted to powder coat my wheels as well. Yours looks great!! 2 questions...is that matte black? And, did it no affect the tire sensors?
Thanks in advance!!!

GeeForce

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I have a black 2021 rogue sv awd with the premium package.
I had all the chrome deleted & realized that the front logo is not 3D like the back one so it's just a plain black logo...I'm fine with it, but just a heads up to you.
I'm also waiting until Spring so I can have my wheels powder coated black. I responded to someone's post on their rims, but being new to the forum I'm not sure I did it correctly. What I really needed to know was if they were matte or glossy.
Also wondering how I can post a picture of my new black beauty.

II Kings 9:20

I like my 2021 so much, I just put a deposit on a 2022 and will pick it up tomorrow.

I'll have 2 silver on charcoal SV. They only had 2 in stock, both at MSRP and both silver SV on charcoal.
Not getting any more until April and I can't wait that long.

I lose the surround view camera on the 2022 SV but I gain more torque (225) in the most powerful Rogue ever with better MPG with the 1.5L 3 cyl turbo. It will be interesting to compare taking turns driving them on different days.

Ford0413

Just traded 2016 rouge for a new 2021. Have previously owned nissan pu, 2 sentries.

telecastermds
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue

Just bought a 22 SL Premium. Love it so far. The fuel economy with the 1.5L turbo-3 is amazing. Averaging about 34mpg in mixed daily driving. I have changed out the amber bulbs for Lasfit LED's. I also changed out the interior lights for LED's. Mine has the external ground lighting which I really like!

Popular_Culture
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue

New to the boards and just got a ‘22 SV in gun metallic and loving it so far

Brad303
Car: 02 Nissan Xterra SE/SC
13 Nissan Maxima

Long-time board member here, who just picked up a Boulder Grey two-tone (black roof) Platinum, fresh off the truck with 5 miles on the odometer. It's for the wife who needed something more fuel efficient than the 2019 Armada which I've inherited. The kids get my '02 Xterra SE/SC.

Buying a car in this day and age is ridiculous. I'm a haggler to the Nth degree, and I just paid just a few bucks less than MSRP when it was all said and done, and was content to do so. Always recommended buying used bang-for-the-buck wise, but it was only a couple grand more for a new '22 over a '19 used. Crazy, crazy, crazy.

one_shall_stand
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue Platinum

2023 Rogue Platinum AWD - Chicago Suburbs.

We rented the Rogue for a day from Enterprise, and really liked it. The 360 camera was really nice, and the wife and I decided a 360 camera was a must have. We also rented a Sportage and a Santa Fe, using Turo.com. But since Kia is mostly out of stock and didn't come in silver, we went with the Rogue.

I talked to a few dealers, and eventually bought one with a 100,000 mile, no time limit extended warranty. The warranty made me feel better about pulling the trigger. It's not from nissan security plus -- it's NAE NWAN, but should cover all the tech and the engine/transmission, and is transferrable to next owner. We paid well under MSRP for the car, and 2K for the warranty.

We haven't been car shopping in 20 years -- our Hondas have been good to us, but the new CR-V was off our list because it had no 360 camera, and they're even removing the BSI sensors now due to shortages.

Some feedback on the Rogue: I don't like how easy it is to accidentally put it into manual shifting. I wish I could disable that. I also don't like how the fuel door doesn't lock.

Hebrew Hammer
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SL w/ Premium Pkg

I just arrived to the forum having only bought it on 5/22/23. It's a 2023 Rogue SL AWD with the premium package. It's pearl white / super black with a light gray interior.
Prior to this my Nissans included a 2015 Juke SL. Then a 2109 Rogue SL. This was followed by a 2022 Pathfinder SL.
My wife was totally unhappy with the Pathfinder so I sold it and picked up the new 2023 Rogue SL
I am in Long Beach, New York and hope to learn and share a lot with all of you in this community.
Once I figure out how to post pictures here, I will share some of the new Rogue.

Return to “Rogue Forum”