350z on death bed trying to revive.

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
mrwrolguy
Car: 2004 White 350z Touring Edition

:domo: Replaced ABS sensor with a new one.. did a new ceramic pad brake job all 4 wheels breaking in clutch 6mt shift like butter. Car drives amazing. Best Project Car Ever. :wavey:

It will prob be a few months, but the paint is tired still ok but tired. Going to do a Avery Diamond Gloss White Wrap. I cant wait. Not going to hang spoilers put different wheels or otherwise rice it out Just doing a wrap as the body lines are amazing. And continue to test the vehicle before I go on any long trips. Still dont trust car yet. :woot:

mrwrolguy

Just got the dreaded PO430 bank 2... same side as the random missfire I had and repaired drove the car about 180 miles now and that code popped. I guess dumping all that raw fuel from coil packs 4&6 reversed has damaged the Cat. Lucky I have a parts car. My random missfire from cyl4 has not returned so thats a plus. I erased the code last night after a 20 mile drive will drive again today and see if it pops up again if it does I'll have to swap the drivers side CAT. :picard:

mrwrolguy

Took the 350z for a 40 mile test drive... No codes maybe a fluke on the CAT code PO340??? idunno got back and remembered I had a valve that turns off the engine temp water from flowing into the plenum. It makes a world of difference with under the hood temps. I know it keeps ice from building in cold weather.. Im in SE Texas by the coast not gonna have ice build here. So that should help with air temps going into the engine by at least 140 degrees cooler. The straight pipes on this car is amazing dont even need to turn the radio on @ 70mph no droning like I thought.. Only droning I get is between 3000 and 3500 RPM's if droning happens in town driving I just shift up or down to stay out of that zone. Will keep test driving car not driving it hard just light spirited driving. Car sure is fun. :yesnod

mrwrolguy

#4 missfire has not returned... installed 2 bungs on the post cat O2 sensor... for testing purposes to test Cats Usually I get a po430 bank 2 after a hundred miles... 50 miles so far. Once I reach 100 and no light I pull my donor cats and install them. Car is running good last few days. Have a weird problem with drivers side window motor.... Motor operates as it should.. If i get out of car after shutting down engine get out of car before I lock it with key fob.. Window will roll up on its own if its all the way down. If passenger window is down it stays down. Just drivers auto rolls up on its own. Other than that I have no codes at present still testing still have 17 days on paper tag not going to register till bugs worked out and probally september this year.

mrwrolguy

Took the car on a 60 mile was gonna be a 100 trip but at around 54 miles my friend p0304 came back... I replaced the spark plug coil pack and then I replaced the pigtail on coil pack 4 no change... So I let the car set for a few hours came back out started it was running ruff sprayed contact cleaner around intake and up around where the throttle body is and it smoothed out let it run for 15 mins and just counts them off... I did drive the car for 15 miles to get home with p0304 so I know by now that the CAT on bank 2 is destroyed.. No code thrown because Im running post o2 bung..... So looks like this week Im going to try and duplicate the problem again and when it starts do it going to spray contact cleaner again in the same area and see if the problem goes away.... If it does going to change the complete intake gaskets as I reused the old ones they looked fine. Everything else is running great... Running 75mph on straight aways getting 30-31 mpg in instant gauge on center dash..... Other than that got a Octacore Android radio coming and a couple 8" subs and a amp coming to install middle of the month... Will report back when P0304 problem is resolved once verified repair is complete.. Will reinstall my donor cat on bank 2. :dblthumb:

mrwrolguy

Well car was running bad missfire on cyl4 sprayed carb cleaner around intake no change in motor... I took a long screwdriver and pressed on #4 injector plug from underneath the plentium the miss went away.. I also found when I installed my plentium spacer that the rubber surround the oil filler was smashed between the lower and upper plentium and when the car got warmed up really warmed up the p0304 missfire would appear... So it was the injector plug or the rubber between the plentium. After installation of the plentium spacer its like the car came to life.. Even the exhaust sounds different... Running straight pipes and now Im getting the trumpet blast on accel. Car is finally running like it should. Will update if I find anything else wrong or something happens. Really happy with the performance of the Z now. Driven the car a total of 450 miles so far in 30 days.

mrwrolguy

Just a followup.... Driven car a total of 700 miles no codes since 450 miles I believe all problems and bugs have been sorted... Vehicle drives great now.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Fantastic. Agina thanks for documenting all this, could encourage some projects and help solve some issues for folks down the road.

About that window issue, whatever came of that? some sort of aftermarket electronic's on that car? Ghosts? That one stumped me.

mrwrolguy

Just a update on car... driven about 2500 miles once all the bugs got worked out it is one of my favorite cars ever. I plan on doing a full vinyl wrap in couple months. I am keeping the car stock other than difusser and front lip. The stock wheels have grown on my. Car handles like a skateboard in corners and the transmission is buttery smooth. And as far as the window motor It has to be the window motor. Because I can turn the car off get out of car close door and the window driver side only rolls up all by itself. Kinda weird. I have helped a couple of people on facebook with consult 3... Its really too bad the field service manuals got removed. Luckly I downloaded the one for my vehicle. If anyone whats a write up on the A-Z to get a working consult 3 I would be happy to do so... Dont want anyone to get in trouble. I just know the links and items necessary for a working system. Thanks for the groups help I will check in from time to time.

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

mrwrolguy wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:59 pm
Its really too bad the field service manuals got removed
They are back up now FYI

http://nicoclub.com/archives/nissan-350 ... nuals.html

mrwrolguy

Great the FSM are back.. I dl mine just in case... I finished my wrap got 3k on rebuild purchased wheels and a new HEXIS saturn gloss white glitter wrap.. I did the wrap myself.. It came out pretty good. Here is a pic if anyone is interested.. All the mechical electrical problems have been completely resolved Just enjoying the vehicle.. I love my Z Pic below https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

mrwrolguy

Well as I said above I had new wheels installed, on the rear I went from 8" to 9.5" and front 8" to 8.5" and after leaving the tire shop a few miles my tcs abs and brake SES lights came on,,, finally got around running C3 and the only codes that came up were C1106 drivers side rear speed sensor... I just changed out the sensor 3 months prior So I going WTH .... well it ended up being the dumbass didnt air the rear tire up it had freaking 10lbs of air in it.. Low profile tires are hell to see if there up... So aired them up going for a drive in a few mins to see if thats it.. Of course I cleared the codes. Ill update if there is still a problem... if not Its just missing air. DOH DOH

mrwrolguy

Just a update .... been a while .... Hi everyone hope everyone is doing great.... My Z Ive put about 5k miles on car. Removed the cats and got a Z1 tune on car now... Makes a 1000% difference in hp and drivability. I have the car up too 130 my but dyno says the car is fast for what it is... Since the mass chaos of this entire thread repairs the car has had Z problems. I enjoy the car when I drive it.. It mostly just sits.. I know but I crank it and drive it twice a month. Here is what she looks like now. Some upgrades on appearance and the vinyl wrap still looks as good as the day I finished it. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

mrwrolguy

Another update... Car drives fantastic.. will need too pick up some coilovers in the future.. Still have a weird issue.. windows will roll up all by themselves and lock car lucky I have not left keys in car... Still weird window roll up. Can no longer roll windows down with outside key but they roll up all by themselves. and lock car. and I did wrap the car again and upgrade the bumpers too the 370 conversion front and back. https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5F0DAC5C

93stiimpreza
Car: 03 Nissan Frontier 4x4

goodluck keep use posted

mrwrolguy

93stiimpreza wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:55 pm
goodluck keep use posted
After the final AC problem repaired car is solid.. drive it yesterday 100 miles its been on battery tender for months.. Its a fantastic car just dont drive it much.. installed 370 front and rear conversion bumpers and rewrapped it... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater Just ordered the nismo V2 side skirts should be here in a month or so.. Then I will be finally finished. Next year probally replace the tires with new ones ... as I think my current ones have flat spots due too sitting under a car cover all the time.. I have 3 other vehicles I drive. Love the Z probally never sell due too the time and money invested. Its just a fun weekend car. Here is the link too the side skirts I ordered https://www.carid.com/2004-nissan-350z- ... 18767.html Ill update once I get them installed and rewrapped.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”