350z Dash Lights on while driving.

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
FMackinnon3
Car: 2003 350z

Yesterday as i was coming home from work my car died at a stop light. Got it started and made it home. When it happened i noticed the Battery dash light had come on. Just replaced the battery maybe 2 months ago. So I am guessing its the alternator. What is strange is that i tried starting it this morning and while it was running there were a few dash lights on that usually are never on whilst engine it turned over. Is this indicating it is the alternator?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I'm not sure what you're describing when you say a few dash lights. Maybe your headlights were left on so the dash background is lit up? Do you have specific lights you want to describe or you are just referring to the background lighting?

Batteries and alternators can be tested with a voltmeter pretty quick or you can go to an AutoZone or Pepboys and they'll have a battery tester that is much better and they can scan for free usually.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Low voltage can cause other lights to come on. as stated above, take you car to most any auto parts store and they will test your battery and alternator for free.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”