2nd gen Rogue's bulb replacement / LED upgrade

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Leo2005

JB'sRogue wrote:
Leo2005 wrote:Attention! High beam is wrong in the manual. It's H9 bulb and not HB3/9005 so my led high beam from vleds.com is going back and they don't have H9 at all.
How do you like the Low beam LEDs? any pics of the beam pattern and the new look with them on? I was running the Lifetime LED headlight bulbs in my truck and loved them.
These are HIDs in low beam. I don't have led low beam nor high beam. Also I returned those morimoto hid set because ballast failed. 1st time it was defective straight out of the box and now it is failed in less than a month. I will never buy morimoto again. I have ordered H9 LED off ebay and if I like it then I'll order a set for low beam. While morimoto was working and light output was amazing.

JB'sTitanXD
Car: 2017 Titan XD Cummins

I will run LEDs again in mine most likely, I like the lifetime brand because their customer service is awesome and they provide a lifetime warranty against any failures. priced a little higher than others but for 150 bucks cant beat it.

galaxy123
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV

This may have been asked before so I apologies but I looked all over this forum. If you put LED headlights in do you need to change anything besides the bulb? I am leasing my Rogue so I can't do major mods.

TaoLao
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

These http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/ ... /6-6k.html for example were installed in license plate and to give you an idea here's the pics:
The light is so bright it even goes to the ground:
These look amazing! How did you access the license plate lights?

Leo2005

TaoLao wrote:How did you access the license plate lights?
Just pull the panel from inside on the trunk lid and you will see harness that goes to those lights. Twist it and remove the connector. Really easy.

otto888man

If you live in the GTA you can get LED and HID from this company. www.lightdepot.ca I have bought many HID sets from him & no problem.

vivre

Leo2005 wrote:Just remove 3 screws and pull the tail then you have an access.
I can't get access to the inner most screw.....

What sort of wrench do you use?

Leo2005

vivre wrote:
Leo2005 wrote:Just remove 3 screws and pull the tail then you have an access.
I can't get access to the inner most screw.....

What sort of wrench do you use?
I have used the same 8mm socket as for other nuts but with small extender in order to reach it.

JB'sTitanXD

I used a 8 MM deep well with a 3" extension

JB'sTitanXD

galaxy123 wrote:This may have been asked before so I apologies but I looked all over this forum. If you put LED headlights in do you need to change anything besides the bulb? I am leasing my Rogue so I can't do major mods.
no its just a PnP kit

Jatlfan
Car: 2014 Rogue SV AWD black/black roof package... Who needs all those silly cameras

VLEDs is having a 20% off sale this weekend, so if you've been waiting order them now..

Chemalito
2004 Lancer Ralliart

Greetings to all! After reading all 3 pages Im surprise Im the only one so far with this curious problem!!! The bulb on the cargo area(trunk) of my wive's Rogue will not turn off when you close it! It will dim a little and stay like that, is not after a while(couple of minutes) that it shut down(whit the trunk open, as Im writing this Im waiting to see if it does the same with the trunk closed) The first replacement I used on it was an LED I bought in Amazon with the reference from an user that posted in this topic(Azieba), it was a 3021 LED, and it didnt work, it will not shut down! Today I went and bought the Phillips - PN # 129416000KX1 wich he linked on his post, directly from Pep Boys, came home and the same result, you close the trunk, lock the vehicle and it will dim but it will not shut down immediately like the factory bulb! As I said, while Im writing Im waiting to see if it shuts down after a while!

Already swap the dome(backseats) with a 3021 from Amazon and its Awesome!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IH2 ... UTF8&psc=1

For the tag bulbs I went with a Sylvania LED and its awesome too http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AIJ ... UTF8&psc=1

The back up works great too and also from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007YW ... UTF8&psc=1

I swap the "markers" rear bulbs with some LED's that were originally intended for the tag but didnt fit in the space! They fit just well in the rear "markers" (2 on each side)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009YK ... UTF8&psc=1

I have pictures of everything I will post them in a few minutes!!!

Chemalito
2004 Lancer Ralliart

So the trunk LED shuts down after a while(its maybe 2 minutes or more, wich is not normal I guess) If anybody else has this issue let me know, or if this is normal with that LED upgrade too!

Chemalito
2004 Lancer Ralliart

Annnnnd just bought the vanity LED's from Vleds, thanks for the link and for any info or help you guys can provide!!!

Chemalito
2004 Lancer Ralliart

Please dont kill me :P I forgot one thing, what about the 2 LED's in the front part, passenger/driver side's, can they be replace with a brighter LED, now that I have the LED on the dome light you can really see the diference between front and back seats!!!

Chemalito
2004 Lancer Ralliart

Pictures Ready!!!

Tag LED's and the Rear "Markers" or Parking Lights as many like to call them!!!

Reverse or Back Up LED's

Dome LED

Trunk LED
Is really bright, much much better than the stock bulb, the picture simply doesnt make it justice!!!

And here is the trunk LED dim when the trunk is closed and the vehicle is locked, it stays like that for about 2mins and then goes off... no idea why...

I also have installed on it a 8K HID kit for the low beams(H11) and is basically all you need!!! Im planning on adding the Fog Lights to it since they didnt have any model available on the dealer at the moment of buying it and it was a Valentine's gift for my Wife! Im planning to do 10K for those, same setup that I have in my car and looks great!

azieba
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited

So the trunk LED shuts down after a while(its maybe 2 minutes or more, wich is not normal I guess) If anybody else has this issue let me know, or if this is normal with that LED upgrade too!

This is not normal. Sorry I didn't respond sooner... I tested today. It shuts off completely when the hatch closes. I would check the connections on the light connector (if you unplugged it like in my instructions). I would also check to see if there are any loose connections in the hatch especially if you did the plate leds as well. Sounds like it is not getting the signal that the hatch is closed.

daltonvol
Car: 2014 Rogue SL (Premium Pkg)
Traded - 2013 Rogue SV (SL Package)
2011 Maxima S

Sorry if it's already posted here (I reviewed the entire thread and didn't see it); has anyone changed out the fog lights for LEDs? I looked at the H11 bulbs on vleds.com. I'm just curious if it's a PNP like the dome and license plate lights, or if it will be a bit more complex.

JB'sTitanXD

Its PNP, you will have a small ballast to mount. I would recommend LEDs from Lifetime LEDs.

TaoLao

I don't know if it's because my rogue is a base model but when I try to switch my rear seat dome light to door mode, it doesn't come on at all when I open any doors. Is anyone having this problem? I can't seem to find a reason why it's not working.

wngan9447

I'm trying to replace the reverse lights but want to ask about the trunk plastic cover that's on the door. Is this secured with just clips? I didn't want to put a ton of pressure until I was sure.

Which clip is the easiest one to start with?

Thanks!

iRogue
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD + Premium Package

It's secured with clips. I began to pull my off near the windshield, as there was the biggest gap to grab through. Once you have a grab of the cover it will come off fairly easily. To reinstall, align and bang it back on by slightly tapping around the perimeter.

ivan_2001ve
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014
Nissan Altima 2010

JB'sRogue wrote:Its PNP, you will have a small ballast to mount. I would recommend LEDs from Lifetime LEDs.

Have you or anyone installed this LEDs from lifetime I was reading the reviews and some people complain that the bulb assembly is to big and it does not fit easily on some headlight housings

iRogue
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD + Premium Package

I purchased these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251348485050

They are very bright and fitted perfectly.

JB'sTitanXD

ivan_2001ve wrote:
JB'sRogue wrote:Its PNP, you will have a small ballast to mount. I would recommend LEDs from Lifetime LEDs.

Have you or anyone installed this LEDs from lifetime I was reading the reviews and some people complain that the bulb assembly is to big and it does not fit easily on some headlight housings
Yea i was running the lifetimes on my Frontier

Jatlfan
Car: 2014 Rogue SV AWD black/black roof package... Who needs all those silly cameras

I just did a VLED H11 5K 2100 lumen upgrade today on my 2014 Rogue .. I'll post up some pics tonight when it gets dark..

Jatlfan

VLED H11 5K 2100 lumen upgrade on my 2014 Rogue SV

F10inSD
Car: 2014 Rogue SV
Gun Metal/Charcoal

Hey guys i was considering ordering the VLED hid upgrade kit for my 2014… I see there are several choices when it comes to the H11 kits.

Whats the difference between the XB35 kit and the elite kit? Which Ballast do I need (35 or 55)? Do I need a wire harness?

Also, can I get a similar affect by buying a UltraStar type bulb from say Autozone?

14nissrogue
Car: 2014 Rogue SV

I just got my Rogue SV about 2 weeks ago and I have changed most of my exterior bulbs to LEDs. I'm getting the hyper flash for the LED turn signals so I was just going to change out the flasher relay for the turn signal but I have no clue where it is. I checked the driver side fuse box and I didn't see it. So if anyone has an idea of where it could it be it would be appreciated or if anyone has any LEDs that don't hyper flash.

tsumeone
Car: n/a

I'm a bit confused at the mention of dome lights. In my 2014 Rogue SV, there is only one dome light. Is this because I don't have a moonroof? Does it take the same type of bulb as listed in this thread?

Return to “Rogue Forum”