2nd gen Rogue's bulb replacement / LED upgrade

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
BoredNerd
Car: Nissan Rogue 2017 SV AWD

yearoftherat wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:49 pm
Judging by the pattern, it looks like you have reflector type headlights. You can see the glare in the pictures above the so called cutoff which is typical of installing HID kits in this type of housing.
I would adjust the beams down a bit so you don't blind any incoming traffic.
Totally correct, they're reflectors and in my understanding technician did that already when installed units. I'll do some testing with my friends and adjust them as needed. They're really bright and look amazing. I am thinking about replacing yellow bulbs of fog lights and high beams. Only problem I don't see kits for them. IS it possible to replace bulbs to get look I need or new kits needed ?

Thank you for tips !

yearoftherat
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

In a previous post you were looking for a H9 65W kit for the High beams and 35W for the fogs. 65Watts is a bit much and would stick to a 35Watt kit.
You can replace the bulbs which would be more cost effective than buying kits. Besides, the 35W lows are plenty bright enough and how many times have you really needed to use your high beams?

XD1
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
-------------------------------
Previously:
2005 Nissan Xterra 4x4 6speed manual
(R.I.P. via drunk driver)

Forgive me if these inquiries have been covered elsewhere, I really did search for them.

2014 SV AWD:

1) Full brightness at night―
I've more or less 'gotten over' my hatred of DRLs and not having the ability to turn them off, but I notice that when I turn the headlights on, the DRLs dim. Having upgraded to brighter headlights, I'd like the DRLs to remain at daytime brightness, because now the headlights make them look sort of washed out. Before I dig into it myself, I wanted to check and see if anyone else here had already performed this mod.

2) Switchback LED turn signals―
I found these ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4KMYF3/ ) Amber / White 'switchback' LED replacements for the front turn signals. They flash amber for the turn signal, but turn into additional white DRLs when the turn signal is not in use. This means changing from a 7444 socket to a 7443 socket, which looks to be pretty straightforward. However, tying into the existing DRL wiring brings up the above DRL brightness inquiry, I want them at full brightness all the time, not at the nighttime 'dim' setting when the headlights are on.

Any tips or insight would be greatly appreciated - again, I just wanted to check with the community before I roll up my sleeves, in case someone else here has already done the same or similar.

XD1
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
-------------------------------
Previously:
2005 Nissan Xterra 4x4 6speed manual
(R.I.P. via drunk driver)

XD1 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:11 pm
Forgive me if these inquiries have been covered elsewhere, I really did search for them.

2014 SV AWD:

I've more or less 'gotten over' my hatred of DRLs and not having the ability to turn them off, but I notice that when I turn the headlights on, the DRLs dim. Having upgraded to brighter headlights, I'd like the DRLs to remain at daytime brightness, because now the headlights make them look sort of washed out. Before I dig into it myself, I wanted to check and see if anyone else here had already performed this mod.

I found these ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4KMYF3/ ) Amber / White 'switchback' LED replacements for the front turn signals. They flash amber for the turn signal, but turn into additional white DRLs when the turn signal is not in use. This means changing from a 7444 socket to a 7443 socket, which looks to be pretty straightforward. However, tying into the existing DRL wiring brings up the above DRL brightness inquiry, I want them at full brightness all the time, not at the nighttime 'dim' setting when the headlights are on.

Any tips or insight would be greatly appreciated - again, I just wanted to check with the community before I roll up my sleeves, in case someone else here has already done the same or similar.

The reason I didn't post this here was because A: I don't see these specific topics mentioned in this thread, and B: no one has responded here since June. I guess if this is where it needs to be, then so be it. I suppose I will just work it out for myself.

Progen
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL w/ Premium Package
Mods: Clear LED Taillights, LED Foglights, RGB footwell lights (OPT7), Red trim all around interior.

XD1 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:56 am
XD1 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:11 pm

2014 SV AWD:

The reason I didn't post this here was because A: I don't see these specific topics mentioned in this thread, and B: no one has responded here since June. I guess if this is where it needs to be, then so be it. I suppose I will just work it out for myself.
How'd it work out? I might be interested in doing this as well

unruly
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue

I have searched and found links and pictures and videos and how-to's for replacing different interior lights on the 2nd generation Nissan Rogue but I cannot find anything helpful for the 2016 Rogue that does not have a dome light (because of the sunroof) but instead has a light on each side here is a pic of the light with the cover removed (I did figure out how to remove the cover at least)

here is a close-up of the bulb that I cannot figure out how to remove can anyone help?
do I need to remove the entire housing? If so, how do I do that?

and unfortunately, I tried prying the housing out and now the switch is no longer functioning. (the light still works) but the switch is just flopping around loose and is not spring loaded as seen in this picture
anyone know how to fix that?

What I am trying to do is replace my interior lights with LEDs if possible but before I order any, I want to ensure I can remove the bulbs AND I'd like to order the right parts..
any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

I did the same thing in my 2015 Rogue with the exeception of the switch problem. I just poped off the lens cover. The bulb just pulls straight out. I found leds on amazon and I used the bulb number listed in the manual to find the led equiviliant. As for the switch, the only advise I can offer is the FSM for your Rogue which is avaliable here for free download under the manuals tab at the top of the page. Hope this helps. By the way its a wedge type bulb(part that plugs into the socket). Easy led replacement don’t worry.

Ken

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

unruly
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue

thanks for your help Ken, unfortunately... the Interior Lighting System (INL.pdf) has information on the Map lamp, Glove Box Lamp, Room Lamp (dome light for the Rogue without a sunroof), Luggage Room Lamp, and the text referring to the "Personal Lamp" refers me to "INT-30" for servicing and page 30 of the INT.pdf displays the headliner for a Nissan Rogue with a sunroof but absolutely no reference to the personal lamps on each side in the back.
so.. not sure where to go next... I'll see if I can pull the existing bulb out...

yusuke08
Car: Rogue [X-trail Advance] 2017

Hi, those bulbs are the T10 (they also have other names) watch this video how to take them off, its easy bro:

I'm using this ones:
They're made of ceramic and have a very good ilumination (I bought them near where I work, but you can get them on amazon or aliexpress)

I'm planning to change them with this ones:
They offer just better illumination than the actual ones I'm using.

I also changed the same T10 bulbs from the license plate lamps to leds.

Ratbertpl

So I have a 2018 Rogue S and I just upgraded ALL the bulbs to LEDs even added fog lights. I’m doing a lot of interstate driving about 800 miles a week so I wanted the lighting to clearly illuminate night driving and to make sure I’m fully visible to big rigs. Anyway one issue are the front turn signals. I got switchbacks and had them installed with resistors to deal with hyper flash. The place I bought them replaced them once due to a flicker. But one issue that has persisted I get no white light. So 2 different sets of bulbs with resistors no hyper flash but no white light any ideas on how to correct this?

frijolito
Car: Rogue (Xtrail) 2020 Advance

Ratbertpl wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:54 am
So I have a 2018 Rogue S and I just upgraded ALL the bulbs to LEDs even added fog lights. I’m doing a lot of interstate driving about 800 miles a week so I wanted the lighting to clearly illuminate night driving and to make sure I’m fully visible to big rigs. Anyway one issue are the front turn signals. I got switchbacks and had them installed with resistors to deal with hyper flash. The place I bought them replaced them once due to a flicker. But one issue that has persisted I get no white light. So 2 different sets of bulbs with resistors no hyper flash but no white light any ideas on how to correct this?
did you try sticking on a volt meter to see if there is a current? Maybe its too low to power the lights or its not detecting the bulb right and you may need a resistor on the white light too...

Ratbertpl

So this is why I went to pros I am a bit lost in all of this. After doing some research on flashbacks and resistors I looked at the harness and socket. It seems that there are only 2 wires running into the light socket so there isn’t a separate parking light wire that I see to put in another resistor. I am wondering if maybe it’s the wrong resistor? I have a 50w 6ohm seeing as the light is supposed to be 28w I was thinking maybe a 25w resistor would be better? Might allow more current through for the white? I’m not sure how the computer handles these things.

RoombaGuy
Car: ???? Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hi

2015 owner here with SL and OEM LED headlights.
Would like to put in LED fog lights - the OEM ones are very yellow as you all know.

This thread is very long ... so apologies for a question that is probably somewhere in here.
Can someone post which make/model of LED bulbs (the H11's of course) they used in their Rogue and are happy with?

Thank you

R.

Karona
Car: '99 Infiniti QX4 (R.I.P)
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I've been using something along these lines: https://www.amazon.ca/RCP-Extremely-Dou ... +color+h11

LED foglights with the ability to toggle between 2 colours (I'm really into coloured LEDs haha), so my current foglights are able to toggle between yellow for actual use, and a light blue for show to match my license plate and underbody lights.

Although you'd probably lose some lumens by switching to one of these more gimicky kinds of bulbs

Progen
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL w/ Premium Package
Mods: Clear LED Taillights, LED Foglights, RGB footwell lights (OPT7), Red trim all around interior.

RoombaGuy wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:11 pm
Hi

2015 owner here with SL and OEM LED headlights.
Would like to put in LED fog lights - the OEM ones are very yellow as you all know.

This thread is very long ... so apologies for a question that is probably somewhere in here.
Can someone post which make/model of LED bulbs (the H11's of course) they used in their Rogue and are happy with?

Thank you

R.
Please refer to this https://forums.nicoclub.com/post6735512.html#p6735512

I did a small write up.

backmask67
Car: 2018 Rogue Sport SV

Does the 2018 Nissan Rogue Sport SV model come with reflector based headlights with stock halogen bulbs?

codycat91
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue

Hey guy's thanks for the add. Im looking for some advice for my parent's 2019 Nissan Rogue. I got them a set of amazon LED's to replace their high-beam bulbs, but the ones I got with the fan in the back stick out too much and don't allow the rubber boot to fit back on. Is there a more slim bulb that you guys have used that will allow the rubber boots to fit on still? Thanks

(Note: I'm only asking for the high-beam bulbs. I'm very much aware of the negative affect of slapping in a set of LED's in place of the halogen low-beam bulbs with regard to light scatter and blinding oncoming drivers)

Thank you
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

codycat91 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:58 pm
Hey guy's thanks for the add. Im looking for some advice for my parent's 2019 Nissan Rogue. I got them a set of amazon LED's to replace their high-beam bulbs, but the ones I got with the fan in the back stick out too much and don't allow the rubber boot to fit back on. Is there a more slim bulb that you guys have used that will allow the rubber boots to fit on still? Thanks

(Note: I'm only asking for the high-beam bulbs. I'm very much aware of the negative affect of slapping in a set of LED's in place of the halogen low-beam bulbs with regard to light scatter and blinding oncoming drivers)

Thank you
We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. Merged with existing thread. I believe there are a few brands listed in the posts above.

--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

codycat91 here's one...
phmichel wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:15 am
I have a 2013 S and the stock Philips halogen bulbs were way too weak. I tried the Sylvania SilverStar and GE Nighthawk. They were much brighter but burned out after 6-12 months, so I decided to go to LED. I've tried several types of LED bulbs in the reflector housings. The CREE type LED's are bright enough but throw light everywhere and cause glare to oncoming traffic.
I found a set on Amazon that use the Philips LumiLed LED's. The Philips LED's are very small and very bright, and are positioned in the housing to mimic the location of the filament of the halogens. They have a distinct, sharp cutoff point like a halogen but are brighter and fill the light path in front of the vehicle. And I get no oncoming cars flashing me with these. The price is the same or less that higher end halogens. Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LL ... UTF8&psc=1

codycat91
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue

Excellent. Light scatter isnt as big of a concern if its only used in the high-beams, as the high-beam itself would be just as blinding as scatter

drosen86
Car: Silver 2013 Rogue SV AWD

:) who here has the 14 to 20 rogue who either upgraded or wants to up the turn signals to led?
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The gen2 Rogues have a plain old thermal flasher, but it's embedded inside the BCM and not serviceable. So you won't have the option of a using solid-state flasher relay to prevent hyperflash. You'll have to ballast the circuit with resistors instead. That pretty much defeats the purpose of using LED's to reduce current, but if a color change is your objective then you can still do it. Just be aware that you'll need a pair of resistor ballasts, one on each side.

drosen86

Ok. So I am unable to install a flasher relay?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

No, it's internal to the BCM. Only ballasting will work to prevent hyperflash.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

drosen86 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:23 pm
:) who here has the 14 to 20 rogue who either upgraded or wants to up the turn signals to led?
Merged with existing thread. If you're thinking of replacing any other bulbs on your 2nd gen Rogue, you may want to read the over 320 posts in this thread.

drosen86

Has anyone installed 2017-20 sl projectors on an sv? Is it a simple swap?

drosen86

Installed h11 mini led headlights for both low and high beams. Love the brightness and the distance it projects.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

drosen86 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:52 am
Has anyone installed 2017-20 sl projectors on an sv? Is it a simple swap?
This isn't a bulb swap, the guts of the LED's are a non-serviceable assembly. They definitely aren't wired the same and the connectors don't match, so they won't be plug-and-play. However, the supply circuits in the IPDM should be identical and you won't need to worry about the "error feedback" wires for the LED's, since your IPDM won't be configured to look at them. It won't be easy, but if you get the mating connectors and WD's for both versions, you should be able to rearrange things to make them work.

drosen86

To swap sl projector assemblies onto an sv. Is it a simple swap? Would they just bolt up?

Return to “Rogue Forum”