2nd gen Rogue's bulb replacement / LED upgrade

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
yearoftherat
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

@Nissan007 - Maybe people are comparing the output of the LEDs to that of a HID which I think is brighter. As much as I wanted the LED headlights, I couldn't justify the extra costs of getting the SL.

Progen
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL w/ Premium Package
Mods: Clear LED Taillights, LED Foglights, RGB footwell lights (OPT7), Red trim all around interior.

yearoftherat wrote:
Progen wrote:Hey guys, new to this forum. Just picked up a 2015 Rogue SL with the Premium Package. Looking to mod it right away and had a sort of stupid question. I see that you guys are converting halogen headlights to HID/LED. I know that my Rogue has LEDs, but the output is lacking and I was looking to replace the low beam bulbs with brighter bulbs. Is it as easy as buying a pair of H11 LED bulbs and swapping them out? or am I missing something?

Congrats on your new ride. In regards to your question about upgrading/replacing the factory LEDs, according to the online service manuals, the bulb can not be replaced with an aftermarket bulb.
Thanks! Im liking the car so far. Bummer that I can't swap out the bulbs :/

NissanOO7
Car: 2015 BMW X5M
2013 Ford SVT Raptor

Anyone with an SL and LED headlights...? Curious about the lighting output at night with the LED's. I could see the need to upgrade the headlight bulbs in the Halogen headlights with either an HID, an LED, or one of the brighter bulbs available today.

But I don't know if I'm misunderstanding the above comment that the LED's don't have that great of a light output.

-Thanks

yearoftherat

Found an interesting article about LED vs HIDs

http://www.motortrend.com/news/blinded- ... ogen-2069/

Rogue203
Car: 2016 rogue sl

kboo74 wrote:
frijolito wrote:I tapped into the turn signal wires themselves, using a wire piggy back clip. the DRLs go into to the ACC live wire and I put a separate fuse on just in case.
frijolito wrote:I tapped into the turn signal wires themselves, using a wire piggy back clip. the DRLs go into to the ACC live wire and I put a separate fuse on just in case.
If I'm understanding you correctly you have the yellow wire and the blue wire(negative) into the turn signal wires. Where is the ACC live wire located? This is my first time wiring up any extra lights on a vehicle. Usually I have it professionally done and since this is a new vehicle I am hesitant to let anyone other than Nissan to tinker around for now. Could you post a pic of the ACC live wire vocation please. Thanks for replying.

Ken
I have the same issues. :wtf2: Installed the drl fogs and cannot find the acc live wire for the positive. Can someone please post a picture of where the acc live wire is located so I can tap into it or anyone else with experience wiring up the drl fogs. I do not want the blinker option and just want them on in conjunction with the standard headlight drls thanks greatly appreciated.

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

I just tapped into the fuse for the fuel pump and mine work in conjunction with my DRL´s since the fuel pump comes on with ACC Power. I wrapped the wire around the fuse And put the fuse back in. This way I can easily remove it whenever I want.

Ken

Rogue203

Where's the fuel pump fuse located in the fuse box under the intake or in the fuse box under the dash?

kboo74

Its under the inatake and its labled on the lid for the box cover. I just stripped off enough wire to wrap it around the fuse close to the fuse body and put the fuse back in.

Ken

Rogue203

Ya I checked under the lid but I don't see it. Is there a abbreviation for th fuel pump fuse not all of mine seem to be labeled and the owners manual says see dealership for fuse replacements. I'm sorry if I sound retarted but mind taking a picture and pointing out which one

Edit; I think I figured it out...there's two separate fuse boxes under the intake and I only had the one closest to the grille open..never flipped the other one around to actually see the fuses...well thanks I'll see if I can get this installed once and for all.

kboo74

Ok, thanks good to hear. Let me know if works for you.

Ken

whizkidtn
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL (AWD), Premium package

kboo74 wrote:Ok, thanks good to hear. Let me know if works for you.

Ken
Do you have any photos of your install or of the final results? This eBay Foglight DRL kit looks interesting, especially with a true LED H11 bulb replacement (5K color). Has it held up for your over time?

whizkidtn

kooka wrote:My wife has a 2015 Rogue AWD SL and I performed various LED upgrades and here are my observations, comments and recommendations. I'll make separate postings for the various upgrades. Note: the Rogue is a SL with Premium package so it has LED headlights (both low beams and high beams.

FOG LIGHTS
The incandescent OEM bulbs are yellowish and woefully underpowered to be of any benefit. I replaced them with these H11 LEDs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251920000227?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
and I strongly recommend this specific bulb over the others previously mentioned on this forum. The bulbs are much brighter, match in color to the LED headlights while drawing the same amount of current. These H11 LEDS are a fanless design and have the LED driver circuitry built-in on the base. There are 2 180-degree opposing LED chips on the bulbs. These bulbs seem to be newer in design than other H11 LED bulbs. Look for the "2S" designation. I think other online retailers are charging more than double than the $55 I paid. At the time of purchase, the ebay seller (autobase-us) was by far, the lowest price US seller of this model. Seller is also offering a lifetime warranty (no certainty this ebay seller will be around in the future to honor it). Bulbs come in nice packaging which appears to be brandless and look manufactured with high quality materials/finishing. The product manual is tiny and install guidance is only in line drawing pictures.

Installation was fairly easy but prepping the bulb for install was a b**ch. The guidance for prepping the H11 shows the simple twist removal of the notched plastic collar from the bulb base in order to remove the spacer o-ring and in its place, put on the black "rubber" boot and then reinstall the collar. With frustratingly great difficulty, I was barely able to get the collars back on the bulbs. I was afraid to use brute force because of the unknown fragility of the bulb assembly and the possibility of damaging the collar. I suspect the problem was the boot is slightly thicker than the o-ring and with not enough tolerance allowance, I couldn't compress it enough by hand to get the collar back on. On one of the bulbs, I had to resort to placing the bulb in a padded vice and then use a pair of padded-jaw pliers to manipulate the twist collar back on. Then it was an easy install. The 2014 Rogue Service Manual is available for download elsewhere on nicoclub.com. See sections/pages EXL 269-270 and EXT 28-31 for installing fog lights.

I think retrofitting LEDs in place of OEM incandescent bulbs, requires some forethought and testing. Although, I'm a bit skeptical toward the safety-nazi blowhards that oppose LED retrofitting because of DOT visibility/angle of view/etc. standards. But they do have a point. So depending on how your vehicle's light housing reflectors are designed, you need to take into account how the LED bulbs are designed when choosing your LED bulb. With this in mind, these H11 LED bulbs work perfectly as replacements for the fog lights. The resulting illumination is noticeably wider and also slightly further than the OEM. These H11s nicely complement the foreground area of the low beam sweet spot-- like proper fog lights. I went with a vertical orientation of the 2 LED chips. Using the included optional collar, allows for horizontal orientation of the 2 LED chips which slightly lowers/shortens the illuminated area of the fog lights vs. vertical orientation.

Sorry I don't have photos. I made the install during the day and just wanted to get the job done and not wait for dark to take pix. I'll soon post my other LED upgrades on this 2015 Rogue.
So how has these LED H11 lamps performed for your guys that have used this vendor?
I'm about to do this simple mod myself and wanted to get any updates folks have concerning them.
Thanks in advance!

frijolito
Car: Rogue (Xtrail) 2020 Advance

My OPT 7 have been working awesome for nearly a year now I guess, very happy with them.

rajesh1136

Leo2005 wrote:
iRogue wrote:What type of bulb used for vanity lights?
I used these:
I couldn't find any led bulbs for the trunk. All of them are too big but this...looks like a joke even during the night. It provides less light than my previous '08 Rogue:
So I have used the led circuit with squeezed all the way 3175 adapter:
Much better. Even the camera gives a blur picture because of the brightness:

Im picking an old thread... just got 2016 Rogue. Want to do the cargo light mod. I got a direct fit LED but its not bright. Can you tell where you got the circuit and url please

RoguedIt
Car: Nissan 2015 Rogue SL

frijolito wrote:My OPT 7 have been working awesome for nearly a year now I guess, very happy with them.
Hi frijolito. Hopefully you are still around the forums. I bought and ibstalled the Opt7's that you installed for low beams. I absolutely love them. They are bright as day and no dead spots.

The problem I am starting to see is people are a bit annoyed by the brightness. I've only had 1 flash since March after installation. However, I'm getting angry looks or in one case the finger. Do you have any other suggestions for maybe a lower brightness led bulb? It's definitely the reflector housing thats killing me. Is there a replacement housing with projectors? We bought a 2016 Murano that does have projector housing for both low/high that are the same size (h11). I might upgrade her car with my bulbs until i find a better alternative.

Anyone else out there have luck with led bulbs? Do they even make a replacement housing with projectors for the 2015 Rogue? I am outside Boston and with the days getting darker sooner I'd like to make a chnage up soon

frijolito

I just make sure that my beams are fully titled down (on the adjust switch to the lower left of steering wheel) not had anyone flash or get annoyed with me..

yearoftherat

RoguedIt wrote: Anyone else out there have luck with led bulbs? Do they even make a replacement housing with projectors for the 2015 Rogue? I am outside Boston and with the days getting darker sooner I'd like to make a chnage up soon
Reflector housing were really never meant for aftermarket HID/LED kits due to the glare they give off. Nissan does offer a LED headlight but afaik, its only on the SL model. You can buy them but be prepared to remortgage your house to buy them as they are not cheap...lol
You can check on ebay for a used set.

RoguedIt

frijolito wrote:I just make sure that my beams are fully titled down (on the adjust switch to the lower left of steering wheel) not had anyone flash or get annoyed with me..
Thanks for the advice. Oddly enough, my model does not have the adjustment within the car. I think its the bolts under the hood next to the lights i need to adjust.

Does anyone know if clockwise/counter clockwise is lowering?

RoguedIt

yearoftherat wrote:
RoguedIt wrote: Anyone else out there have luck with led bulbs? Do they even make a replacement housing with projectors for the 2015 Rogue? I am outside Boston and with the days getting darker sooner I'd like to make a chnage up soon
Reflector housing were really never meant for aftermarket HID/LED kits due to the glare they give off. Nissan does offer a LED headlight but afaik, its only on the SL model. You can buy them but be prepared to remortgage your house to buy them as they are not cheap...lol
You can check on ebay for a used set.
This kinda makes me mad because when we bought the rogue (my model is the SL) there were none that had projectors on the lot. Not sure if its like a sport edition or something. I thought i found something on CarID but it doesnt look like its the right part. Would you have a link for the aftermarket led headlight?

whizkidtn

RoguedIt wrote:
frijolito wrote:My OPT 7 have been working awesome for nearly a year now I guess, very happy with them.
Hi frijolito. Hopefully you are still around the forums. I bought and ibstalled the Opt7's that you installed for low beams. I absolutely love them. They are bright as day and no dead spots.

The problem I am starting to see is people are a bit annoyed by the brightness. I've only had 1 flash since March after installation. However, I'm getting angry looks or in one case the finger. Do you have any other suggestions for maybe a lower brightness led bulb? It's definitely the reflector housing thats killing me. Is there a replacement housing with projectors? We bought a 2016 Murano that does have projector housing for both low/high that are the same size (h11). I might upgrade her car with my bulbs until i find a better alternative.

Anyone else out there have luck with led bulbs? Do they even make a replacement housing with projectors for the 2015 Rogue? I am outside Boston and with the days getting darker sooner I'd like to make a chnage up soon
I think your best option is to keep the OPT 7 bulbs but adjust down slightly the low-beams. You may have to ask your local dealer how to adjust it if you can't figure it out. There is a Factory Service Manual (big PDF) that you can download that likely explains how to do this if you want to attempt it.

yearoftherat

RoguedIt wrote: This kinda makes me mad because when we bought the rogue (my model is the SL) there were none that had projectors on the lot. Not sure if its like a sport edition or something. I thought i found something on CarID but it doesnt look like its the right part. Would you have a link for the aftermarket led headlight?
It's dumb that the US sell the Rogues differently than they do up here in Canada. For example, when I was shopping for my Rogue, I wanted the Around view monitoring option. For the 2015, it was only available as a SV family tech package which included NAV, Around view monitoring AND 3rd row seating (which i have no use for) for an extra $2K. IIRC, the tech package was always available seperately in the US.
Now for the 2016, the tech package is now available w/o the 3rd row seating. :mad:

In regards to the LED headlights for the 2015, it must be part of a tech package option in the US. In Canada, all SL models get the LED projector headlights as standard equipment.

Ebay is your friend: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... s&_sacat=0

RoguedIt

yearoftherat wrote:
RoguedIt wrote: This kinda makes me mad because when we bought the rogue (my model is the SL) there were none that had projectors on the lot. Not sure if its like a sport edition or something. I thought i found something on CarID but it doesnt look like its the right part. Would you have a link for the aftermarket led headlight?
It's dumb that the US sell the Rogues differently than they do up here in Canada. For example, when I was shopping for my Rogue, I wanted the Around view monitoring option. For the 2015, it was only available as a SV family tech package which included NAV, Around view monitoring AND 3rd row seating (which i have no use for) for an extra $2K. IIRC, the tech package was always available seperately in the US.
Now for the 2016, the tech package is now available w/o the 3rd row seating. :mad:

In regards to the LED headlights for the 2015, it must be part of a tech package option in the US. In Canada, all SL models get the LED projector headlights as standard equipment.

Ebay is your friend: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... s&_sacat=0
Wow even ones with broken tabs is 150-175$? Thats crazy!!!

Thanks for the help. Maybe I'll try to lower the headlight and see if that makes a difference. Worse comes to worse, i can transfer them to my wife's '15 murano. Same size bulbs...at least they wont go to waste

RoguedIt

All, finally figured out how to lower the aim. Theres a screw next to the bulb ubder the hood. Need to get in there and turn it counterclockwise to lower and clockwise to raise. Its almost midnight here and took the car out for a drive. No flashes at me but i think i lowered it a little too much. I might address it tomorrow night. Fyi, its cramp quarters so i had to go in with my hand and a wrench head to turn the same screw..hands friggin throbbing

AutoPenalti
Car: Nissan Rogue 2015 SL

Hi guys, first time on this board.

Just have a few quick questions, what are the dimensions of the headlights on the both sides of the 2015 Nissan Rogue Select? I'm thinking of installing halo lights in the inside and want to know the diameter of the headlight ring and fog light. I also need to know the bulb # of the interior/map lights.

Thanks! I can't post links for some reason.

Here's the halo ring I want to install

Code: Select all

http://tinyurl.com/z9zc34r
Here's the link to a led fog lamp I want to install to replace the one that has that black cover installed in it

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EUP904W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6uGfybR2MBKD4

frijolito

So the other original bulb finally died on the OPT7, seems that they only last around 14 months or so on average. I live in a tropical country, so corrosion is a little more aggressive here maybe. To be fair though, OPT7 are sending me a complete new set, so at least the honor the 2 year warranty.

They have a new model Fluxbeam X thats 20% brighter, I'm trying to get hold of a pair will let you know if I do and the results..

wrc1311
Car: 2016 Nissan Xtrail Advance 2Row

frijolito wrote:Pretty easy actually. The old surrounds just pop out from the back when you squeeze the clips, then just wire them up.

How did you wire them? I just bought the exact same set

frijolito

Pretty easy, just put a crimp clamp onto the drl wiring at top and the back of turn signal bulb wire and your in business... plus find a decent earth point...

SpaseMoonkey
Car: 2017 Rogue SV

Hello everyone! :)

I bought a 2017 Rogue SV (Is this a Gen 2?) about 2 weeks ago. I'm looking to upgrade my front end lighting and interior to LED. I'm having a bit of an issue finding bulb numbers to swap them over. The book kind of lacks in the interior department as it's all left blank.

----------
Interior: I would like to swap out the vanity mirrors and the 2 dome lights.

Exterior: I just bought OPT7 Fluxbeam LED Headlight Kit w/ Clear Arc-Beam Bulbs in H11.
I'm looking to change out my fog lights to something that matches in color, the bulbs used in the fog are H8. My concern is a lot of lights are listed as H11 (H8 , H9). Do the brackets mean that it is compatible with what I can use?
----------

If you have any recommendations for what I'm looking for I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you everyone for your time and helping a new import owner out.
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon May 01, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

SpaseMoonkey
Car: 2017 Rogue SV

I guess I'm a little late on the update.

Went into Wiki and found out I was a Gen 2. So that helped greatly searching the forum, came across a post with I think it was Leo2005 who posted what he used. I picked up the Leds from vleds that he had posted. Hopefully they come in this week. So that knocks out 2 items. Just still in the unknown on the fogs, I see 2016 are H11 but 2017 is H8. I believe the bulb is slightly smaller, just not sure if the plug end matters, as I see some with an L shape for the bulb and others with a wire coming off of them.

Progen
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL w/ Premium Package
Mods: Clear LED Taillights, LED Foglights, RGB footwell lights (OPT7), Red trim all around interior.

So I looked in the SL Headlight LED housing and looks like all the bulbs are non-changeable, including the turn signals. I ordered a set of LED fogs to replace the halogen fogs, if you guys need pics let me know and I'll throw them up.

Return to “Rogue Forum”