2nd gen Rogue's bulb replacement / LED upgrade

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
darkelipse04
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

flrijolito wrote:
I got a little glare, but nothing that seems to bother any other road users, i did aim my lights down a little too though just in case..

I don't seem to have the beam separation problem though..
How did you aim them down? There didn't seem to be any wiggle room when I locked them into place, maybe I didn't try hard enough.

frijolito
Car: Rogue (Xtrail) 2020 Advance

Sorry, I didn't explain that well, I just used the headlight adjuster switch down to the left of the steering wheel.

darkelipse04

frijolito wrote:Sorry, I didn't explain that well, I just used the headlight adjuster switch down to the left of the steering wheel.
No problem, I took a look and I don't appear to have a headlight adjuster switch, I'm guessing because my SV is not equipped with fog lights.

I guess I'll see how things go while driving at night.

fvalmon
Car: Rogue 2015

Hi guys, I need some help, can someone tell me what is the temperature of the original leds from factory (low beams)? So I can buy same for the fog ligths?

jpmax
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows of instructions for replacing the bulbs in the fog lights for a 2015 Rogue?

User manual says to take it to the dealer for headlight and foglight replacements. Can it really be that difficult?

I don't see any openings to access the fog lights so I assume I'll have to loosen/remove some plastic panels.

Just wanted to check before I go randomly taking things apart. :crazy:

Thanks!

frijolito

Its pretty easy, heres instructions from the LED thread:

Remove 3 hex screws (was 4 on my car) on the bottom of the bumper near the fender. Pop the fender molding. Remove the screw on the side that holding a bumper to the fender.and pull the bumper a little bit so you have an access to work on the fog light.
You can also pop the plastic on the front of the fog light and unscrew 2 bolts to remove the whole fog light.

Also there is a video online for the 2008 rogue, its the same, just one screw extra. http://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2008_ ... ts/foglamp

BE WARNED, use long sleeves or you will get scratched arms due to the plastic edges of the splash guard folding back on to you and rubbing......

jpmax

Thanks frijolito. That looks pretty easy. :dblthumb:

frijolito

Aye just requires a bit of fiddling on the floor in a awkward position, but its pretty easy.

jpmax

So I went out this morning to get this done.

What you'll need: T15 Torx screwdriver.
If you have ramps to raise the front up for extra clearance, even better, but not really needed.

1. Under each fog light is a plastic splash panel that's attached to the front bumper by three screws.
2. Remove these screws (see pic below) and you'll be able to push the panel up and slide your hand in to find the back of the bulb.
3. Twist counter-clockwise to unlock it and pull the bulb out and down so you can see it.
4. Replace bulb and slide it back into the fog light housing.
5. Put the screws back in and you're all done.

Driver's side

Leo2005

Hi, folks! It's for murano but the same procedure will apply to rogue for drl/led turn signal mod:
post6679457.html#p6679457

luigilong
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

Bulbs for the 2014 Nissan Rogue, as requested:

Front Low-Beam: H11-55W
Front High-Beam: 9007/H9 65W
Front Turn Signal: 7443/7444A
Front Side Marker: 168

Rear License Plate: 168
Rear Side Marker: 168
Rear Turn Signal Light: 7440A
Reverse/Backup Light: 921
Tail Light and Brake Light bulbs: 7443, 7443SCK

AudiSportB5S4

Can someone confirm that for the license plate 194 bulbs you do NOT need CAN happy bulbs? Just regular 194 LED bulbs suffice?

AudiSportB5S4

Spoke to the thread originator in a PM and he said they do NOT require the CAN bus bulbs. Thanks!

colonelcasey
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

AudiSportB5S4 wrote:Can someone confirm that for the license plate 194 bulbs you do NOT need CAN happy bulbs? Just regular 194 LED bulbs suffice?
Standard 194 bulbs work just fine for license plate lights.

thirdcup
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL

iRogue wrote:You don't need to remove the inside cover to swap the lic. plate bulbs. Just remove the little black cover from the outside and there are singular screws on each bulb housing that need to be unscrewed and voila! Takes five minutes total to swap both bulbs.
Your suggestion worked perfectly and was super easy to do. I wrapped the end of a flathead screwdriver with electrical tape and popped off the black piece.

I replaced my halogens in my license plate with the 194 Sylvania Zevo LEDs from Advance Auto Parts. They were out of the 168, but the 194s fit and look great.

Monty90
Car: Xtrail 2016

frijolito wrote:Pretty easy actually. The old surrounds just pop out from the back when you squeeze the clips, then just wire them up.
Hello I bought the same kit, any tip on the wiring process? I removed the oem surronding fogs and didn't see any access to the wiring, do you have to uninstall the bumper?

bios

I had Innovited Xenon HID kit (plus PT7 HID capacitor) on my Rouge 2014 SV since Dec.2014 and few days ago driver side light started acting crazy. Car still under warranty, so I removed all third party stuff and installed stock bulb back to the car. They replaced electronic control module at dealership.

It very uncomfortable having yellow light after bright xenon.

Do I need anything else to install to prevent another damage of control module?

Are LED bulbs plug and play , or they still need ballast, conversion kit and etc..?
Thank you!

frijolito

LEDS need a driver, its just to ensure a constant light (no flickering driven from the 12V dc), its a little less complex than HIDs and certainly doesn't draw any more power, so it shouldn't affect the control modules at all.

Meynardo
Car: 2015 Rogue SL AWD

For those who already made the switch, where did you hide the load resistor? I was about to swap the front blinkers on my 2015 SL but bad weather (and no garage) made me postpone. It doesn't seem to have a lot of room with the stock harness/cables.

Also, in order to swap the front side markers, did you have to remove the headlight assembly? I don't seem to find the port for the bulb.

frijolito

I just zip tied my ones to anything that was there... wasnt any need for me to remove the headlight as far as i recall...

RoguedIt
Car: Nissan 2015 Rogue SL

Hi All. I was redirected to this thread for answers. I have a 2015 Rogue SL. I am almost certain I have reflector based headlights with stock halogen bulbs. After reading through this thread, it sounds like there are no projector headlight housing available at the moment (affordable ones at least). With that said, if I wanted to upgrade my headlights to LEDs, I just simply need to buy a set like these (http://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Headlight-Bu ... automotive) based upon what I read from frijolito's prior posts (which look awesome)

The installation looks fairly easy and will zip tying the coil driver be enough? If so, where would you zip tie it to?
Also, I went to Amazon, it stated that it did not fit the '15 Rogue for H11's. Am I looking at the wrong size?

Thanks in advance!

frijolito

Yup H11s are what you want. They just plug and play. I used double sided 3m tape and zip ties as that way it prevents any vibration too. Zip tie it to any place that it wont ever fall onto anything moving is the best advice I can give.

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

frijolito wrote:Pretty easy actually. The old surrounds just pop out from the back when you squeeze the clips, then just wire them up.
Hello, I just bought a pair of the fog light DRL/Turn Signals surrounds. I would like to know exactly where did you tap into your turn signal and DRL for the install? Mine are already installed but not wired yet. Any help would be appreciated. I have a 2015 SL AWD Premium and Tech Pkg Pearl White Rogue.

Ken

frijolito

I tapped into the turn signal wires themselves, using a wire piggy back clip. the DRLs go into to the ACC live wire and I put a separate fuse on just in case.

kboo74

frijolito wrote:I tapped into the turn signal wires themselves, using a wire piggy back clip. the DRLs go into to the ACC live wire and I put a separate fuse on just in case.
frijolito wrote:I tapped into the turn signal wires themselves, using a wire piggy back clip. the DRLs go into to the ACC live wire and I put a separate fuse on just in case.
If I'm understanding you correctly you have the yellow wire and the blue wire(negative) into the turn signal wires. Where is the ACC live wire located? This is my first time wiring up any extra lights on a vehicle. Usually I have it professionally done and since this is a new vehicle I am hesitant to let anyone other than Nissan to tinker around for now. Could you post a pic of the ACC live wire vocation please. Thanks for replying.

Ken

kboo74

Well finally got mine wired up and they look great! I wired the DRL's into the fuse for the fuel pump in the engine fuse block and as expected the turn signals into their respective side. The only halogens I have left in the vehicle are the side markers and the fog lights, everything else is LED now. Will post a video later this week after it quits raining here hopefully.

Ken

Progen
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL w/ Premium Package
Mods: Clear LED Taillights, LED Foglights, RGB footwell lights (OPT7), Red trim all around interior.

Hey guys, new to this forum. Just picked up a 2015 Rogue SL with the Premium Package. Looking to mod it right away and had a sort of stupid question. I see that you guys are converting halogen headlights to HID/LED. I know that my Rogue has LEDs, but the output is lacking and I was looking to replace the low beam bulbs with brighter bulbs. Is it as easy as buying a pair of H11 LED bulbs and swapping them out? or am I missing something?

yearoftherat

Progen wrote:Hey guys, new to this forum. Just picked up a 2015 Rogue SL with the Premium Package. Looking to mod it right away and had a sort of stupid question. I see that you guys are converting halogen headlights to HID/LED. I know that my Rogue has LEDs, but the output is lacking and I was looking to replace the low beam bulbs with brighter bulbs. Is it as easy as buying a pair of H11 LED bulbs and swapping them out? or am I missing something?

Congrats on your new ride. In regards to your question about upgrading/replacing the factory LEDs, according to the online service manuals, the bulb can not be replaced with an aftermarket bulb.

Rogue203
Car: 2016 rogue sl

Anyone know what bulb the 2016 factory hid sl models use for low beam? Doesn't seem like they are replaceable from the back unless I'm not seeing it properly.

Edit*** just saw the post above and feel like a retard :facepalm:

NissanOO7
Car: 2015 BMW X5M
2013 Ford SVT Raptor

So wait, you guys are saying that the Factory LED headlights on the new 2015/2016 Rogue SL's are not that bright? I ask partly as I have another vehicle with LED headlights and they light up the road at night like it's daytime.

This was one of the reasons that I've been looking at the Rogue, in comparison to some other cars in this range as it's available with LED headlights, which make a HUGE difference at nighttime lighting (at least in my BMW they do).

I can see the Factory Halogen lights looking dim (can't believe car manufactures are still using Halogen headlights in this day and age) but I would have thought that the Factory LED headlights would have made a would of difference.

Return to “Rogue Forum”