2nd gen Rogue's bulb replacement / LED upgrade

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
darkelipse04
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

frijolito wrote:Hey Guys,

Been lurking her ea while reading all the posts. I have a xtrail (rogue) in Panama and this forums great, thought I would share my experience of the lights.

My Rogue/Xtrail has normal reflector lights, not the LED projectors so i wanted to play around with the lights. I hated the yellow halogens it came with as made my nice new car look old. I had also been looking at LEDs for a while, but never went for them on my old pathfinder.

I started off trying these LEDs

Which looked like

They were good, but the beam pattern wasnt 100% plus the fogs still were yellow as hadn't done anything.

I then decided to splash out and go for these after the reviews I saw:

The beam pattern is near perfect and I love them, plus don't get flashed at night, so not too dazzling to others:

I took the first lights and put them in the fogs, so final result, nice white light, very happy:

One yellow fog, one white:

Final job:

Over all very happy, and thanks to Leo2005 posting instructions, I managed to squeeze the fogs in undoing the 4 hex bolts and pulling back the cover so had enough space to play with.
Wow, this looks fantastic!

What size did you get for the headlights? I see them on Amazon for a pretty decent price.

http://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Headlight-Bu ... automotive

iRogue
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD + Premium Package

Hi all,

Could someone please provide me with an instruction on how to install the Morimoto hid kit on my '15 Rogue. I have connected the wires together to the HD Relay. Pretty much, I need to know where inside the hood is ground and where is there power for the kit to be connected to.

frijolito
Car: Rogue (Xtrail) 2020 Advance

darkelipse04 wrote: Wow, this looks fantastic!

What size did you get for the headlights? I see them on Amazon for a pretty decent price.

Thanks and the size for both fog and low beam is H11

darkelipse04

frijolito wrote:
darkelipse04 wrote: Wow, this looks fantastic!

Thanks and the size for both fog and low beam is H11
Thanks, did you experience any issues with the headlight housing getting foggy or water vapor getting in after replacing the bulb?

Someone on Amazon was saying the bulb gasket did not fit tight enough letting moisture get in.

colonelcasey
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

Has anyone tried replacing the 2nd row personal lights on a moonroof model with LED's? Are they the same kind of bulb that's used in the cargo area?

frijolito

colonelcasey wrote:Has anyone tried replacing the 2nd row personal lights on a moonroof model with LED's? Are they the same kind of bulb that's used in the cargo area?
I did yeah, they are not the same as the cargo, they are the smaller sidelight bulbs, I used these they give a nice white light (I had some before that were slightly blue and i didnt like them)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1E ... ge_o01_s00

I also just changed my mirror lights

Before:

After:

For the mirror I used these ones:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KUI ... ailpages00

Good luck.

colonelcasey

Thanks for the link to the 194 LED bulbs. I bought a pack to change out the personal lights and the license plate lights. Hopefully all will go well.

I also sprung for a set of JDM ASTAR 800 lumen 921 reverse bulbs as well for my project. I'll post pictures once everything is done.

colonelcasey

Leo2005 wrote:Start by pulling the handle and the clips. Then start prying with screwdriver covered with towel from the center. Leave the white panels on the trunk lid but black one (large piece) have to go down. Dont rush and you will not break anything. Plastic in the car is pretty tough. The worst case scenario is that you will have to buy a few clips for $.50/each but thats about it.
Little confused by this...where exactly should I start prying when trying to pop the black trunk lid trim? I bought a set of plastic trim pry bars to deal with it but don't really know what's the best place to start.

yearoftherat

colonelcasey wrote: Little confused by this...where exactly should I start prying when trying to pop the black trunk lid trim? I bought a set of plastic trim pry bars to deal with it but don't really know what's the best place to start.
This should help..see page 38

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/2015%20Rogue/int.pdf

colonelcasey

frijolito wrote:
colonelcasey wrote:Has anyone tried replacing the 2nd row personal lights on a moonroof model with LED's? Are they the same kind of bulb that's used in the cargo area?
I did yeah, they are not the same as the cargo, they are the smaller sidelight bulbs, I used these they give a nice white light (I had some before that were slightly blue and i didnt like them)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1E ... ge_o01_s00
I just got the MicTuning 194 LED bulbs. Tried it out on the personal lights and a couple lights on my Subaru. So far everything seems to light up well and it's a bit brighter too. The color temperature is a bit cooler than preferred at around 6000K but otherwise, it's looking good so far. I'll see how they really perform when the sun goes down.

colonelcasey

I finished changing my license plate bulbs and reverse tail lamps to LED's...looks great now. Went with JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED 921 reverse lamps and they're a lot brighter and whiter than the OEM bulbs.

I put back in my tail light assembly into the hatch but noticed that there's a small rubber strip between the rear windshield and the tail lamp assembly. I didn't take note of it before but is it supposed to be tucked beneath the tail lamp assembly or just run over it?

frijolito

colonelcasey wrote:I finished changing my license plate bulbs and reverse tail lamps to LED's...looks great now. Went with JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED 921 reverse lamps and they're a lot brighter and whiter than the OEM bulbs.

I put back in my tail light assembly into the hatch but noticed that there's a small rubber strip between the rear windshield and the tail lamp assembly. I didn't take note of it before but is it supposed to be tucked beneath the tail lamp assembly or just run over it?
Nice, if you have pics please share, curious to see how they look.

Not sure about the strip, will have a look in the morning for you.

colonelcasey

This is the rubber piece I'm referring to on the hatch tail lamp assembly. Is it supposed to be under the tail lamp assembly or over it?

frijolito

Just looked and its under on my car mate, so think your good.

Any pics of the reversing lights in action?

colonelcasey

frijolito wrote:Just looked and its under on my car mate, so think your good.

Any pics of the reversing lights in action?
Let's just say it's really, really bright. Almost looks like daylight in the backup camera.

frijolito

Wow, those things are impressive, may have to order some of those, didnt think they would be that bright..

Pounds
Car: 2015 Rogue

What's involved in swapping the Halogen headlights out for the LED's on the SL? Is it straight plug and play? I see a few sets of SL LED's on FleBay.

darkelipse04

frijolito wrote:Hey Guys,

Been lurking her ea while reading all the posts. I have a xtrail (rogue) in Panama and this forums great, thought I would share my experience of the lights.

My Rogue/Xtrail has normal reflector lights, not the LED projectors so i wanted to play around with the lights. I hated the yellow halogens it came with as made my nice new car look old. I had also been looking at LEDs for a while, but never went for them on my old pathfinder.

I started off trying these LEDs

Which looked like

They were good, but the beam pattern wasnt 100% plus the fogs still were yellow as hadn't done anything.

I then decided to splash out and go for these after the reviews I saw:

The beam pattern is near perfect and I love them, plus don't get flashed at night, so not too dazzling to others:

I took the first lights and put them in the fogs, so final result, nice white light, very happy:

One yellow fog, one white:

Final job:

Over all very happy, and thanks to Leo2005 posting instructions, I managed to squeeze the fogs in undoing the 4 hex bolts and pulling back the cover so had enough space to play with.
I'm getting ready to order the OPT7 LED Bulb (for a reflectors housing) so I took under the hood and the low beam bulbs look like they are accessible without having to take anything apart. Is that how you did it?

The 2015 Rogue manual says it must be taken to a dealer because of the assembly needing to be taken apart for bulb replacement.

frijolito

Nope, no need to take anything apart, it was pretty easy, just twist and fiddle out.

frijolito

Just installed my DRL LED Fog light surrounds, loving them, they work as DRL and turn signal. The only thing I worry about is they are BLINDING and don't dim at night... will have to see how they go. Apologies for the pictures, they are the best i could get out of my phone:

Was a kit I got from eBay was like $82 from China.

This is the one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171699481564?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Jubmasterflex
Car: 2015 Nissan X-Trail SV

Those actually look pretty awesome - how tough of an install was this?

frijolito

Pretty easy actually. The old surrounds just pop out from the back when you squeeze the clips, then just wire them up.

Kozidos

Does anybody know where is the flasher relay located?
Did anyone replate it by a LED relay to avoid rapid blinking when installing leds?
thanks

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Kozidos wrote:Does anybody know where is the flasher relay located?
Did anyone replate it by a LED relay to avoid rapid blinking when installing leds?
thanks
Did you look at the FSM? There's a link in my sig line.

Kozidos

Rogue One wrote:
Kozidos wrote:Does anybody know where is the flasher relay located?
thanks
Did you look at the FSM? There's a link in my sig line.
Yes I did, I looked at the EXL.pdf and I found information on inginition, horn, fan, wiper, etc but nothing on flashers
Thanks

domo325
Car: Nissan Rogue 2015

Hey guys. I'm attempting to install hid headlights on my rogue 2015. Where do you guys mount the ballasts? And what do you use to mount it? I prefer not to drill and holes under my hood. Is electrical tape safe? Solutions with pictures would be really, really appreciated.

frijolito

Zip ties and double sided tape to avoid vibration and slipping is good, anywhere out of the way where it cant fall into anything moving if it comes loose is generally fine.

darkelipse04

frijolito wrote:Zip ties and double sided tape to avoid vibration and slipping is good, anywhere out of the way where it cant fall into anything moving if it comes loose is generally fine.
Just installed the OPT7 LED bulbs and they are awesome.

It does seem like there is a bit of glare that goes a bit higher than it should with these in the reflector housing.

Did you experience this? Or were you able to adjust their positioning somehow?

yearoftherat

I had a HID kit leftover from my previous car and decided to give it a try in my Rogue.

I bought a set of H11R bulbs which are suppose to reduce the glare when installed in a reflector based headlight.

Here is a pic of the stock lighting:

Here is the result of the HID kit installed:

As you can see there is now a dead spot between the lights. I guess you can see some cut-off to prevent glare.

Yes the output is brighter but look at the deadspot that is also thrown...brutal.

Conclusion: The results speaks for themselves. Yes, HIDs are brighter than the stock lighting. The output is crap. I could have used regular H11 bulbs but don't want to deal with glare. So until I find a set of OEM LED projector headlights, I'm going back to stock.

frijolito

darkelipse04 wrote:
frijolito wrote:Zip ties and double sided tape to avoid vibration and slipping is good, anywhere out of the way where it cant fall into anything moving if it comes loose is generally fine.
Just installed the OPT7 LED bulbs and they are awesome.

It does seem like there is a bit of glare that goes a bit higher than it should with these in the reflector housing.

Did you experience this? Or were you able to adjust their positioning somehow?
I got a little glare, but nothing that seems to bother any other road users, i did aim my lights down a little too though just in case..

I don't seem to have the beam separation problem though..

Return to “Rogue Forum”