2nd GEN NISSAN ROGUE MEMBERS = POST YOUR INTRO

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
stokerwes
Car: 2014
Rogue SV AWD w Family Tech Package

Just picked up my 2014 Rogue SV AWD with Family Tech package.
Haven't really driven it too much yet but when I have it is a very nice ride.
Coming from a Jeep Compass this is quite a step up.
We had looked at the Mazda CX-5, Ford Escape, Jeep Cherokee, Honda CRV and Toyota Rav4.
The Rogue by far was the best value and my wife and I liked the way it drove.
I am a big fan of the CVT and do not miss shifting in my Compass, it was a 5 speed.

The last vehicle we took out for a test drive was the Jeep Cherokee. My wife and I thought that this would be the vehicle we liked the best. To say we were disappointed in the Cherokee was an understatement. I found the engine, 4 cyl, to be very loud. The 9 speed transmission needs a lot of work, the shifts are hard and at highway speed it doesn't settle on one gear. I own a 2013 Mazda 3 with 6 speed auto and that is leaps and bonds ahead of the Cherokees 9 speed.

This is our first NIssan but so far we like everything about it, the experience in the dealership was great, Kingston Nissan Kingston Ontario Canada, and very painless as far as waiting for paperwork, getting the true price out the door, etc.

This segment, CUV, is very crowded and I don't think there are any "bad" choices. It really came down to the feeling I had while driving the car, it just fit.

stlrpsu
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD- Premium Package

Hi Everyone!

Just bought my new Rogue about 2 weeks ago. I got the SL-AWD with Premium Package in Gun Metal. I LOVE this car. I traded a 2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring, which I also loved. I wanted something a little smaller with better MPG. I am loving the tech features on this car. Despite some negative reviews about the CVT, I find this car to drive extremely well and it is fun! I also enjoy the Sport button when I want a little more fun in the car. I was worried about switching from a powerful CX-9 to this car and I have no regrets. My husband bought a 2014 CX-5 and I love the looks of my car way better and mine drives just as well if not better! We are getting a monster snow storm and I can't wait to test it in the snow! I look forward to reading more about this car and hopefully helping others if they are deciding on whether or not to purchase. DO IT! Great car and I am very pleased so far!!
:crazy:

Jatlfan
Car: 2014 Rogue SV AWD black/black roof package... Who needs all those silly cameras

Hi all, just picked up my new rogue last week and I can't be happier with it. Traded in my 2011 Rogue Sl, for the new black/black SV w/ roof. I knew this was better than the old model but when I drove it totally blew me away. Even though it's not another SL I love it...

daltonvol
Car: 2014 Rogue SL (Premium Pkg)
Traded - 2013 Rogue SV (SL Package)
2011 Maxima S

We got the 2014 Rogue SL with Premium package on 3/1 (Black/Almond). I had a 2013 SV with SL package, but when I saw the 2014 changes, I had to make the switch! I love it. It's much roomier, the finishes have all been upgraded, the user interface is much improved, wireless bluetooth streaming, the panoramic moonroof, power liftgate, more storage trays/areas. Literally anything I could have complained about in the 2013 model is improved. I highly recommend this vehicle.

chunkay206
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014

Sup guys my name is kenny i picked up a Nissan rogue SV premium as my family SUV last week. I wanted to get a white on black one but i found a Black on Black premium SV with panoramic moon roof. i like it. its cool. just had questions. ill post pics when i get it back it's being 3m rock chipped.

darcor7
Car: Nissan Rogue

Hi, I'm new here I own a 2010 Nissan Rogue Sl Ill put some pictures soon

saws
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV/Prem
2010 Audi Q7 prestige
2007 BMW X3 //M Sport pkg
Recent cars:
2008 Mercedes R350
2004 BMW X5
Honda Odyssey EXL
Town & Country
BMW 528
Maxima GLE
Eclipse GXT

Hi all: First post :mike

Just bought a 2014 SV with Premium package in white with black interior.
Sweet ride. 200 miles in one week and Loving it so far
Averaged 25 MPG in 50% city driving and happy with results
(especially considering it has been teen degrees so far here in PA)

Love the CVT, no more jerky shifting for me :chuckle:
Love the 360 view cameras and the navigation is best I have seen so far.
The routes are perfect and have been the exact way I would take on known routes.
This is a departure from both my Audi and BMW whose nav units take me through longer routes.
Ride quality is nice too and I like the power steering with exactly the right amount of feedback.

nono50
Car: 2014 White Nissan Rogue SL, 2013 Pearl White Nissan Juke SV

I bought a 2014 Rogue SL last week and so far it is averaging 27 mpgh. I also have a 2013 Juke SV which does not get this mileage driving the same route. I am really impressed with the tech this vehicle has.

freek4iphone
Car: Civic LX

I am planning to pickup a 2014 SV AWD with Family Tech package. Dealer is asking MSRP 32700 + tax. Just wanted to know what other people paid here in Canada, so that I have some room for negotiation.

BeachMom
Car: 13 Honda Fit
05 Altima
03 Expedition

I looking at a 14 Rogue SL AWD no Premium Package with Splashguards and Floor Mats. Wondering what the best price is I should be able to get. I'm in NC. MSRP is $30,545 plus taxes/title and fees. I'm working with the dealer on a "before" these items price right now. Truecar is saying about $28,9k and Edmunds is at $29k. I was thinking about $28K

daltonvol
2011 Maxima S

You shouldn't need to pay much more than invoice. I'm not sure how many dealerships are within 75-100 miles, but I'd check all of them (I use AutoTrader to check all dealerships within 100 miles of my home) and find the best price. Then, see if your local dealer will match it. I got the SL FWD, with Premium Package, for $27,999 before taxes/title/fees which is well below invoice price.

BeachMom
Car: 13 Honda Fit
05 Altima
03 Expedition

So your MSRP was $31,200 assuming yours came with the accessories of splashguards and floormats which it seems all do. Your $27,999 is $3100-$3200 off sticker.

I was offered $100 below invoice and invoice at the two dealers. They must have been making up the difference with your trade. Neither dealership has asked me about a trade. My MSRP is $30,545 so I wouldn't think $28k was too low instead of $28,9. They are playing the card that most white ones have black interior and most SL's have the premium package which I don't want.

How about $400+ for the dealer to pick it up somewhere. That's extra.

daltonvol
2011 Maxima S

If they are offering invoice (or just below), I think that's a great deal right now. I "accidentally" got an outstanding deal on mine (the dealer where I got the great price was matching another dealer's advertised price...unbeknownst to them, however, the other dealer's price was a misprint...it was their price for the base SL, without premium package). I don't think they made it up in my trade. I traded a 2013 Rogue SV with SL package. They gave me $22k for it, which I thought was pretty good.

I think you should try for $28k flat. See if you can find another dealer within an hour or two that has it at that price. And, in my experience, most SLs DON'T have the premium package. I was looking in the Atlanta area for Black/Almond and there were only 4 within 100 miles. Most of the white ones I saw had the almond interior. Good luck.

dfellows5

Hello all long time Nissan owner. Am in the process of trying to locate Or having the dealer locate the right 2014 Rouge for my wife. Will update when it happens.

JB'sTitanXD
Car: 2017 Titan XD Cummins

Traded in my 2012 Frontier for a 2014 Rogue SL AWD. Enjoy it so far. I have tinted the front windows and switched out my dome, reverse and License plate bulbs to LEDs. Working on getting a cargo area LED

2012 Frontier

Replacement 14 Rogue

jss1941
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

Just leased a 2014 Rogue SL w/premium pkg after turning in a 2010 Infiniti EX35. Wanted a bit more luggage capacity and rear seat legroom. I think we got it!

Trying to adapt to the difference in the nav systems -- biggest unknown is how to construct a route with enroute waypoints between the start and the destination. The manual sucks -- big time! It really is incomplete!

Any suggestions as to how to program a complex route would be great. Thanks.

JLD94
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue S Moonlight White

JB'sRogue wrote:Traded in my 2012 Frontier for a 2014 Rogue SL AWD. Enjoy it so far. I have tinted the front windows and switched out my dome, reverse and License plate bulbs to LEDs. Working on getting a cargo area LED

2012 Frontier

Replacement 14 Rogue
Curious, where did you get the LED's to replace them?

jashar97
Car: 2014 Rogue SL

Hi All.

Just purchased a 2014 Rogue SL. Black on Black.

JB'sTitanXD

JLD94 wrote:Curious, where did you get the LED's to replace them?
Most of the bulbs came off my Frontier. I keep the stock crap blubs in a little baggie in my center console so i can pull my LEDs when traded in. This way i dont have to keep buying new ones. I purchased them from SuperbrightLEDs.com. Got a stock pile of the 194/168 bulbs. I will post a thread later with links to the different bulbs needs once i get them all figured out. still need to get some photos done. The Cargo area bulb is being a little tricky but i believe i have it figured out.

intex45
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV

Hi Everyone!

I am a proud owner of a 2014 Rogue SV in gun metal with the EXTREMELY hard to find sunroof package + premium for a little below $28K (I paid a huge price for that sunroof). I still miss my '02 Sentra, but I love Nissans, so I'm happy to keep it going with them.

I have a question for everyone on here, has anyone received their car with this cover that appears to have 2 holes? It contains an allen wrench, and a tow hitch for the front bumper too. Has anyone figured out where this should go?

JB'sTitanXD

have any pics?

daltonvol
2011 Maxima S

I didn't have what you described, but I did have a bag with 5 or 6 lug nuts in it, in my glove compartment. Weird...

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Howdy, folks.

Been around these forums for a while, but haven't spent much time in this section yet. Last night picked up a '14 SL AWD w/ Premium for the lady. I'm sure I'll be browsing this subforum a bit more, and will try to offer help where I can.

intex45

JB'sRogue wrote:have any pics?
Ok, so I hope this works, first time posting photos here:

As you can kinda see in the photo, this thing came with a baggie with clips/nuts/fasteners in it, so I know for sure it should be installed somewhere. I haven't looked in the engine compartment, but I really hope it doesn't go there, as the material would deform under excess heat.

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Front license plate mount.

intex45

AppleBonker wrote:Front license plate mount.

Thanks, I feel like an idiot for not figuring it out on my own. I even stumped the dealership here.

METZZZZ
Car: 2004 chrome silver 350Z roadster

I thought I would never get my wife to give up the 2008 Nissan Armada LE. The Armada was well appointed and the best car to drive / ride in for long trips. We called it the "rolling living room". Alas, that all changed when she drove the 2014 Rogue SL. The Rogue drives nice, has good acceleration, and is very comfortable to ride in for long trips It has most of the same options and gets about twice the gas mileage as the Armada.

Our 2014 Rogue SL is black with charcoal leather interior and black carpeting. It has about 2000 miles on it since we picked it the last week of January. Our hauling needs have reduced in the last 6 years. The Rogue is a perfect fit for our downsized needs.
;)

ALOHA808
Car: 2014 Nissan Rouge SL FWD
2006 Chevy Silverado LS

Aloha all, new here to the forums and happy to join this community.
My wife and I just purchased our first brand new car from Tony Nissan here in Oahu, Hawaii.
We got a 2014 Nissan Rouge SL FWD. Exterior & Interior is both black.

So far it is bone stock besides all of the technology and gadgets it comes with. Now I am looking to throw all kinds of accessories on it. Will be posting some pics later when its all washed up!

Nermal
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I just upgraded my original 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD to the 2014 variety. I was one of the lucky ones who ever only had to do oil, tires, and brakes on my first one, so hopefully I can get that lucky again. Got it in Midnight Jade, love it so far!

Voodoo13
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

What up people of NICO.Just purchased 2014 Rogue in Pearl White. I was a lurker B4 my purchase. Will be conducting surveillance out of this vehicle so it will be put thru a meat grinder. Traded in '05 Prerunner that had 401,000mi & prolly equiv of 1Mill hours/mi on it considering I ran it 8-12hrs a day in park w/AC on.

Will be looking for guidance on many performance upgrades/mods that are discreet.

Thanks, Voodoo in Nawlins

Return to “Rogue Forum”