2nd GEN NISSAN ROGUE MEMBERS = POST YOUR INTRO

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
RSport
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue Sport

Hello Everyone! I own a '18 Rogue Sport that I have fell in love with over my past year and a half of ownership. I quickly found out that I was better off sourcing parts for the Qashqai as there was nothing available for the Rogue Sport. I've completely redone the suspension with Ceika adjustable Coilovers and swapped out the wheels with Rotoform 19"s. Car handles beautifully in the corners and on the road in general with this combination. This also made it look so much better imo as I always felt it sat too high when I first bought it, and the changeover made it far more sleek and gave it a much better look overall.

I have recently became very ambitious to take her to the next level. I will be purchasing an identical engine to have the internals built and adding boost, while still being able to drive the car with the original engine in it during this process. Once I do the swap I'll have the original engine as a backup just in case. Even more ambitious, after recently discovering that the Qashqai comes in a 6mt in Australia and Canada, I will be sourcing one out and related components for my build as the CVT is just not capable of handling any more than what the stock engine has currently. The challenge is going to be going 6mt while retaining AWD. The 6mt only comes from the factory in FWD.

Any suggestions and thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Attachments
IMG_20200924_164140~2.jpg

nicemo
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue

Howdy!
Picked up a 2018 Rouge FWD SV with 24,000 miles on IAAI for restoration. Any suggestions where to buy cheap OEM bumper and hood?)

dna9656
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SV

We (my wife and I) bought the Rogue in 2019 brand spankin' new. She had never had a new car and had wanted one for a long time so we were both working good jobs so what the heck! It'll be paid for in another couple of months.
It's her car (meaning she's the primary operator) and she loved driving it the 35 odd miles (one way) to work everyday; now the joys of driving a 4 lane (2 each way) state highway and a major Interstate (with 5 lanes each way) :ohno: twice a day in rush hour traffic has worn thin; tomorrow she starts a company sponsored car pool. Yey!

FDlou147
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue S w/ Appearance Pkg

Name is Lou. 19 Rogue S with Appearance package. 22k Orig miles. Looking forward to getting ideas to customize my Rogue. Already ordered the hitch, ASCs for future options/dashcam install. On my list is getting it a bit more off the ground, with a RC levelling kit. Love it so far!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

FDlou147 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:03 am
Name is Lou. 19 Rogue S with Appearance package. 22k Orig miles. Looking forward to getting ideas to customize my Rogue. Already ordered the hitch, ASCs for future options/dashcam install. On my list is getting it a bit more off the ground, with a RC levelling kit. Love it so far!
Welcome!

Get a transmission cooler along with that hitch, and check out some threads in here about keeping the CVT fluid fresh. Do the first change when you hit 30K. The car will thank you.

badgerducky
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

Hi, just Joined this forum.

I have a 2015 Rogue SL with 111236 Miles on it.

Unscheduled maintenance so far has been all three vvt sensors. Although Only one was bad. And the right front wheel bearing. I left a bunch of anti seize on that one. So hopefully if it busts again it won't take a whole day to get unstuck.

Just replaced the CVT fluid with AMSOIL. I did two drain and fills, like the manual says. But, I waited about 500 miles to do the second drain and fill. Was surprised how dirty that "new" fluid was coming out for second change.
I also did front and rear brakes + rotors
As well as coolant, rear diff and front transfer case.

The factory Akebono calipers are still in good shape.

roguery
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue SL

Hello everyone!

used 2020 Rogue SL owner here from east coast USA. We've had it for 2 years now and overall like it a lot. It's worlds different (and better) from older CVT's I've driven that would gear down so low or scream wide open. Newest vehicle we've ever owned - mostly for my wife and kids. It's nice having all the electric stuff but afraid of what it will cost when stuff starts failing.

Part of why I looked for Rogue forums tonight is to see if anyone is interested in some rear brake pads - Akebono ACT905A (manual brakes) that I got distracted and failed to realize wouldn't work. I'll list them in the marketplace later. I might also list them in my neighborhood fb page - plenty of rogue owners everywhere - beats dealing with shipping.

a few questions I have - do electrical parts have to be flashed or is that just for major ECU/ECM/TCM/etc? And my old obdii couldn't see live data - is that a blocked function from the ECU? What type of handhelds/software do you use that allows you to do maintenance (like the rear electric brake pad replacement) and is hopefully non-subscription based? tia

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The late model Rogues use a CAN Gateway, so not all OBD scanners work right with it, especially older ones. Most of the ECU's on the car are reflashable, only the BCM and IPDM can't be programmed for security reasons.

clayrogue20ssv
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue Sport SV 2.0L

Hi Everyone,
I'm Clay.
I just was able to buy a 2020 Nissan Rogue Sport (SV) by the grace of the finance guy. Credit took a dive since 2020. But, I am grateful and it looks good.

Anyways, I've found everything except Engine / Transmission performance to be amazing.
Obviously, I got a Sport, so it's a smaller engine. The 2.0L instead of the 2.5L.
On that subject, Does anyone know of a Cold Air Intake kit? or will I have to take the OEM Air Intake off to measure diameter and length and curve I will need? I'm not looking so I can go faster because I'm young and love the thrill. I'm 40 years old and my thing is, the take off is disappointing, mostly for the cars behind me that honk because I won't go.. because I can't take get up to 60 fast enough on my 45mph road where all the cars do 55/60. lol

Thanks all, and glad to be here. Love the SUV.

Pics of it 28,000 miles.
Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix Link(s)

brattcatt688
Car: 2019 Nissan Rouge SV

Rouge 2019
59000 miles

brattcatt688
Car: 2019 Nissan Rouge SV

Rouge 2019
59000 miles

Return to “Rogue Forum”