2nd GEN NISSAN ROGUE MEMBERS = POST YOUR INTRO

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
JLD94
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue S Moonlight White

1019throw wrote:Looking to purchase one. Could we get some real world gas mileage numbers?
I need to link my fuelly on here, but my average for 6 tanks is 29.2 I have a pretty easy daily drive. Had one tank I think at 26, but that was a 200 mile trip going about 60-70 trying to vary the speed since I was still in the break in period. Less than 1000 miles at that point also very windy and about 26 degrees.

I am honestly slightly suprised I am not a little higher since my drive is so easy, however my wife has driven it more than she normally would drive my car since it's new, and she is a lot more aggressive driver than I am.

1019throw
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV

Purchased a 2014 Nissan Rogue SV with premium package on Monday. Gun metallic with almond interior.

I wish I reset the trip calculator for a 60mile highway drive home. I did a 10 mile trip that included stop lights, stop signs, etc and got 25mpg. I will be using Fuelly to monitor MPG and keep everything updated.

Edit: Pic:

faithntim

JLD94 wrote:
faithntim wrote:Happy New Year to all.

On December 12, I put some money down and asked my Mishawaka, Indiana dealer to find me an SL-AWD with the Premium Package. Gave him 3 different colors.

By December 30th, he still hadn't found one. So, with some prodding, he then placed an order for one to be made from the factory and arriving in 8-10 weeks.

This is the unit I have on order...

SL-AWD in Graphite Blue
Almond Leather Interior
Premium Package
With carpeted floor mats, splash guards, bumper protector
ADD external ground lighting & interior accent lighting (dealer-installed)

I'm actually grateful it won't be coming for a couple months. I'm currently driving a 2011 Juke, with the Viper Smart Start remote starter installed. I have become so accustomed to pre-starting my car in the winter months that it has become a necessity and not a luxury. They don't make them yet for the 2014 Rogue, so it's good news that I won't be getting that car until the worst of the winter weather has passed.
Curious what makes you want to switch from the juke?
I love most everything about the Juke. However, I often have 2 or 3 passengers, and 100% of the people who sit in the backseat (even my teens) hate it. So I'm upgrading size primarily for a bit more comfort in the backseat.

jamesm123
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL - Gun Metal Gray

Hey everyone, we bought a 2014 Rogue SL (leather seats), have had it for 3 weeks. Love the car, but it was a very strong chemical "new car" smell. Anyone else have a strong smell coming from their new rogue? We took ours off a delivery truck so it didn't go through the new car detail at the dealer (not sure if that's the issue). I've wiped down the interior, tried cleaner on the leather seats, and leaving windows open, but still a strong smell. Just curious if anyone else having that smell.

jamesm123
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL - Gun Metal Gray

Hi, i'm interested in the crossbars, was about to buy them. I can't PM you as looks like this site has requirements. If you can PM me or send me email at [email protected] with price, I'd appreciate it.
pavouk wrote:We just bought '14 Rogue SV and '13 Pathfinder SV that we traded for '10 Versa AND '11 Rogue. I do have the factory Rogue cross bars for sale since I have my kayak attachments on the old ones from previous Rogue. Please contact me if interested.

tarponbeach

Just took delivery on a 2014 SL, Black on Black, with tech pkg. So far very impressed with the re-design. This replaces our 2011 Rogue.

RyleyinSTL
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Pkg.

Ordered a red SL/Premium Pkg this afternoon. Also added lighted sills, auto dim mirror, splash guards and a hitch (for bike rack). Prices seem to be getting more reasonable as I was able to come in at just a smidge over invoice. This is replacing a 2005 Altima which we have had for 10 years.

bring_it_on
Car: 2014 Nissan Rougue SL (Midnight Jade)

Hi guys,

Purchased a New 2014 SL a few weeks ago (Midnight Jade)..Have around 200 miles on it and my only issue with it is the rattling with the rear cargo splits (Took care of that by putting a couple of umberellas on it) and the mileage. I know its a bit early but I got back around 15-16 mpg on my tank (13.3 gallons) although i would say 90% of my driving was in the city with lights and stop signs in the crazy north easy cold...Hope the actual mileage is significantly better..will be starting with a new job soon that would require a 50 mile one way travel...

RyleyinSTL

100 mile round trip commute...yikes!!

Personally I have found that new cars seem to take at least 500 miles (or even 1000) before fuel consumption reaches it's peak. My wife bought a Nissan Note SL this past August and initial milage on her 6mi (stop and go) round trip commute was 23. 1000 miles later the same commute now averages 29.5.

WayneTaylor55
Car: 2014 Rogue
Cayenne Red
Almond
SV
Mud guards
Tow hitch
Chrome bumper protector

Picked up my 2014 almost two weeks ago.
Cayenne Red with Almond interior.
Added the tow hitch, mud guards and rear protection mat.
Just did a 400 mile drive and got 29.4 average!

I do wish that they would have put in LED lighting in the back.
Anyone have experience replacing the bulbs with LED ones?
I was also looking into HID headlights. Ideas?
Does anyone know if the fog lights can be installed by the dealer?

BobOB
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX
2012 Nissan Rogue

We have owned 6 Nissans and 1 Infiniti and love their products. We have a loaded Infiniti JX35 and love it. We also have a fully loaded 2012 Rogue and have really enjoyed the car, but don't drive it much since we are spoiled with the JX. We've been watching the 2014 Rogue since Nissan started posting information. We did the pre-order last fall and loaded the vehicle with all the features. When we posted the pre-order, we stipulated the car be delivered to our dealer of preference, but Nissan sent the info to another dealership. We got that straightened out with our favorite salesman and have been waiting for the new SL version.

We didn't hear anything once the cars hit the lots. We searched dealerships throughout the country and noticed that there were very few SLs. The other day, we heard from our salesman who told us, that the car never came in and that if we were interested still, he would special order it for us. We are just about ready to pull the trigger, but still are doing as much research as we can. Being a first year car, we expect issues, and have found some noted by this forum's members. Thank you very much for sharing these issues.

As with the JX, there were issues, and thankfully, we didn't have many of the identified problems. We have experienced several issues and recalls and Infiniti has taken care of all of them. They do provide loaner cars when servicing our vehicle.

My questions to members are: are you satisfied with the 2014 Rogue? Has your dealership taken care of quality issues? Did you get a free loaner car for extended repairs? When comparing this car to Toyota, Ford, Suburu, and others in the class, what made the Rogue stand out?

I'm looking forward to monitoring this site. I moderate the InfinitiJXforum.com and have found that forum to be an outstanding resource. It has actually caught the attention of Infiniti since issues that dealerships did not take care of with some dealerships or corporate Nissan did find their way to NHTSA. Serious problems were addressed and recalls triggered.

Thanks to all of you that have provided feedback on your new Rogue.

pm123
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014

I bought a Nissan Rogue 2014 SV with family option (3rd row) + splash guards + Wheels Locks for a drive out price of $25,350 in Houston TX. Is that a good price? I know nothing can change now, but just want to see how I did.

CapeCodChips
Car: Gun Metal Grey `14 Rogue SV

Check your price vs truecar.com and let us know.

pm123
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014

truecar says 24,375...I am thinking this is without tax + title..if thats true, the drive out come to approx $24375 + 1523 (tax) + 300 (title and other charges) = $26,198.
I got it for $25,350 drive out..so I am thinking it is a good deal but wanted to know what others paid?

RyleyinSTL

Leave tax, title and other fees out of the equation. These vary greatly between states and metro areas. However the invoice price of a nissan includes the marketing assessment/fee, which will very depending on the cost of the car, so best to include that.

I was able to order my SL w/ Premium pkg at invoice cost....same invoice price you'll find on the TrueCar website. I'd venture to say that by the summer, or sooner, it shouldn't be an issue to get below that.

GoingGoingGoneRogue
Car: 2011 Rogue SV
2014 Rogue SL

Hello,

Just like a previous user we just replaced our 2011 Rogue SV with a 2014 Rogue SuperBlack AWD SL w/SL Premium Package.
Will post pictures later!

GGGR

GeekyRogue
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hello, practical geek and eco[nom|log]ic optimizer here. Our family has had the same drive for 240,000Km. Needed a replacement.
1) Plugged in the numbers into a spreadsheet and used our own weighting to rank what is important to us
2) Took the family on a local dealers tour to road test the top ranked vehicles plus a couple of outliers just to verify that we got our weighting / preferences right
3) Cut short the time wasting and aggravation of the sales experience and enlisted a car buying service
4) Broke the piggybank and started enjoying a brand new 2014 Rogue SL AWD Premium.

The 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited came a close second and the 2014 Mazda CX-5 GT a distant third.

Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium vs. Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited:
* better sensors (around view, blind spot warning)
* better volume usage (passenger and cargo, particularly divide and hide and 40-20-40 rear bench split)

Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium vs. Mazda CX-5 GT
* better fuel economy
* longer maintenance intervals

Jrousey

Hello Everyone, this is my first post to the Forum.

My wife and I have been car shopping the past few weeks (months for me) and so far we feel the 14' Rogue is for us. My in-law's vehicle was totaled not long ago so my wife gave her 06' Toyota Corolla to them. Currently she is daily driving my 13' Ram 1500 Laramie. She absolutely loves the comfort and tech features but the gas is less than desirable for her commute to work everyday. This leaves me daily driving my toy (trans am) until we are sure the Rogue is what she wants.

We have viewed and test driven just about every vehicle in this class with the exception of Subaru, Hyundai, and Kia. I have never actually considered a Subaru, and not for any reason in particular. One thing that is important is Safety features and ratings as we have a 5 month old daughter.

To add to what other members have said when comparing the Rogue to other vehicles in it's class...

- The Rogue feels far more spacious than others. My wife and I are both only 5'6" and even we felt cramped in the back seat of the Mazda CX-5 and Ford Escape. In fact, the Salesman for Mazda was 5'10" and with my daughter's car seat strapped in the back, he could not move his seat back far enough to get comfortable. In the Rogue, the Salesman was 6'1" and he moved the seat all the way back and still had room between his seat and my daughter's car seat. The trunk space may not have been the largest in the Rogue, however, it is certainly spacious enough for us to fit our daughter's crib, stroller, and whatever else we need, AND, separate that from groceries. I could beat the spaciousness of the Rogue to death if I wanted.

- The Rogue seems to be in between the stiffer sporty feel and soft mushy ride. I would say more towards sporty with it's somewhat tight steering. One things my wife wanted was something that got good gas mileage ( especially coming from a Corolla), and something that will move out of it's own way. By no means is it fast or as peppy as her little car, but it felt better than the Chevy Equinox and the Jeep Cherokee.

I will add more things we found great about it later.

Pros and Cons of other Vehicles

The Chevy Equinox was the priciest of the bunch. This is probably due to it having more available features than any other cuv. Or maybe the salesman was that good and made it seem like it did (he knew his stuff.) The ride was only okay with the exception of having to give it more and more gas and it still didn't want to move like I would expect it. I would say that was the deal breaker for me.

The Jeep Cherokee was at first the vehicle I liked most. Besides it's ugly exterior, the interior was great and so were the available features (including remote start.) After driving 2 different Cherokees...I was turned off completely. The trans seemed to jump around needlessly, the braking was horrible, and launching it took forever to get going.

Will add more soon.

-Jim

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome: Hello newbies!

Great comments from everyone! When you get a chance pop over to 2014-photo-gallery-t584976.html and post some pictures of your new vehicle.

annettehue

Proud owner of a 2014 AWD Nissan Rogue SV - graphite blue/charcoal - premium package and moonroof. Kept my old 2008 Nissan Rogue SL (bought Sept 2007) with 135,000 miles in the family. The '08 Rogue has been a great car, ZERO problems with CVT or for that matter no major repairs have been done on it except for a few weeks ago when the drivers side door handle broke after unusually frigid temps. Huge difference between the two cars, love that I've been able to upgrade but will say that the old Rogue served me well. :)

GoingGoingGoneRogue
Car: 2011 Rogue SV
2014 Rogue SL

Our new 2014 Rogue SL AWD with premium package
Super Black with Charcoal interior
Awesome ride!

LGCMU
Car: 2014 Rogue S AWD
Moonlight White / Almond Cloth

New to forums and first Nissan purchase.
About 250 miles on my '14 Rogue S AWD. Great design both inside and out. Best among all the CUVs on the market imo.

supreme123
Premium Package

Hey everyone,

New to this forum and new Nissan owner. I picked up the 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD with premium package, in pearl white. Switched out the stock wheels for 18" Ruffino Boss rims

JLD94

BobOB wrote:We have owned 6 Nissans and 1 Infiniti and love their products. We have a loaded Infiniti JX35 and love it. We also have a fully loaded 2012 Rogue and have really enjoyed the car, but don't drive it much since we are spoiled with the JX. We've been watching the 2014 Rogue since Nissan started posting information. We did the pre-order last fall and loaded the vehicle with all the features. When we posted the pre-order, we stipulated the car be delivered to our dealer of preference, but Nissan sent the info to another dealership. We got that straightened out with our favorite salesman and have been waiting for the new SL version.

We didn't hear anything once the cars hit the lots. We searched dealerships throughout the country and noticed that there were very few SLs. The other day, we heard from our salesman who told us, that the car never came in and that if we were interested still, he would special order it for us. We are just about ready to pull the trigger, but still are doing as much research as we can. Being a first year car, we expect issues, and have found some noted by this forum's members. Thank you very much for sharing these issues.

As with the JX, there were issues, and thankfully, we didn't have many of the identified problems. We have experienced several issues and recalls and Infiniti has taken care of all of them. They do provide loaner cars when servicing our vehicle.

My questions to members are: are you satisfied with the 2014 Rogue? Has your dealership taken care of quality issues? Did you get a free loaner car for extended repairs? When comparing this car to Toyota, Ford, Suburu, and others in the class, what made the Rogue stand out?

I'm looking forward to monitoring this site. I moderate the InfinitiJXforum.com and have found that forum to be an outstanding resource. It has actually caught the attention of Infiniti since issues that dealerships did not take care of with some dealerships or corporate Nissan did find their way to NHTSA. Serious problems were addressed and recalls triggered.

Thanks to all of you that have provided feedback on your new Rogue.
I am pretty satisfied with my 14 so far. My only complaints are the heater....not nearly warm enough. Also a rattle has made it'self known in the rear cargo area. I can't seem to figure out where it is coming from. Next time I go into the dealer I will have them check it out. It happens usually over bumps, some not big at all. Other than that, I am getting pretty good MPG, 29-31 so far. I do have a pretty easy drive though, not a lot of stop and go.

The Rogue stood out to me for the comfort, both front and rear, the MPG helped as well. Ford, back seat way to small. Toyota, interior peices seemed to be cheap and scratch/scuff easy. Subaru, front seat cushion a little to short to be comfortable for me. Honda, no center console arm rest... that little fold down arm really annoys me personally. Mazda... smaller rear seat and ride a little rougher.

JLD94

supreme123 wrote:Hey everyone,

New to this forum and new Nissan owner. I picked up the 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD with premium package, in pearl white. Switched out the stock wheels for 18" Ruffino Boss rims

I really like the wheels, I hope to get some black wheels on my White S soon.

supreme123
Premium Package

JLD94 wrote:I really like the wheels, I hope to get some black wheels on my White S soon.
Thanks JLD94. Which ones were you thinking of?

JLD94

supreme123 wrote:
JLD94 wrote:I really like the wheels, I hope to get some black wheels on my White S soon.
Thanks JLD94. Which ones were you thinking of?
I'm really not sure yet, I like a 5 spokes split. In the 2008-2013 pictures there is one with some Borbet wheels that look pretty cool to me. I would like to find some black with a bit of the machined edge on them.

I have a hard time visualizing though, so I've been waiting for one of these wheel places on line to show them on the 14, but none have done that so far that I have seen.

Are yours a flat/matt finish? That's the other thing I'm torn on... I don't want to shiney but haven't read up on if there is any special way to upkeep a flat/matt finish

supreme123
Premium Package

Yeah the 5 spoke looks classic on any car. Clean and simple.

And yes they are a matte finish. I'm not a big fan of shiny black rims. Not on the Rogue anyways

RyleyinSTL

JLD94 wrote:...a rattle has made it'self known in the rear cargo area. I can't seem to figure out where it is coming from. Next time I go into the dealer I will have them check it out. It happens usually over bumps, some not big at all...
I have read that a few people attributed this to the divide n' hide shelves bouncing around, particularly over large bumps. I'd try removing them for a day or two and see if the sound goes away. It may be necessary to store the shelves in a certain way to prevent them bouncing around.

Just a thought...

JLD94

RyleyinSTL wrote:
JLD94 wrote:...a rattle has made it'self known in the rear cargo area. I can't seem to figure out where it is coming from. Next time I go into the dealer I will have them check it out. It happens usually over bumps, some not big at all...
I have read that a few people attributed this to the divide n' hide shelves bouncing around, particularly over large bumps. I'd try removing them for a day or two and see if the sound goes away. It may be necessary to store the shelves in a certain way to prevent them bouncing around.

Just a thought...
To me it sounds like metal ratteling, but I will give it a try. Thanks!

Return to “Rogue Forum”