2nd GEN NISSAN ROGUE MEMBERS = POST YOUR INTRO

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
dwb1973
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hey, just got a 2014 Rogue SL AWD

MarkStar
Car: 2015 Rouge SV

Howdy!
Picked up a 2015 Rouge FWD SV with 17,000 miles last week.
Loving it so far!
Just did a 600 mile road trip, it was an absolute pleasure to drive.

DLO310
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL
2010 Nissan Murano SL
2011 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S
2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD

Downsized from a 2010 Murano SL to a new 2016 Rogue SL
Absolutely love the car. So far it has been a perfect fit for our family. We chose the Midnight Jade/ Darker rims option because we haven't seen this color as often as others in our area. Second choice would have been the Magnetic Black, and third the Cayenne Red.

planning on doing some minimal mods to the car such as...

FULL LED CONVERSION
- INTERIOR
- FOGS
- TURN SIGNALS

2010- 2014 MURANO 20" OEM LE WHEELS
- 20" POWDERCOATED HYPER-SMOKE (GUNMETAL/ ANTHRACITE)

SUSPENSION
- LOWERING SPRINGS (STILL "IFFY" ON THIS AS I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH THE CURRENT RIDE HEIGHT)

NissanOO7
Car: 2015 BMW X5M
2013 Ford SVT Raptor

Please keep us posted on your LED lighting upgrades. I'm still looking at and debating on if I should get a 2016 or wait for a 2017. LED lighting technology is awesome but I have read some posts that the factory LED headlights are not all that great at night, which I find interesting as my experience with LED headlights has been fantastic to say the least.

Nice looking car as well !!

DLO310
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL
2010 Nissan Murano SL
2011 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S
2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD

DLO310 wrote:Downsized from a 2010 Murano SL to a new 2016 Rogue SL
Absolutely love the car. So far it has been a perfect fit for our family. We chose the Midnight Jade/ Darker rims option because we haven't seen this color as often as others in our area. Second choice would have been the Magnetic Black, and third the Cayenne Red.

planning on doing some minimal mods to the car such as...

FULL LED CONVERSION
- INTERIOR
- FOGS
- TURN SIGNALS

2010- 2014 MURANO 20" OEM LE WHEELS
- 20" POWDERCOATED HYPER-SMOKE (GUNMETAL/ ANTHRACITE)

SUSPENSION
- LOWERING SPRINGS (STILL "IFFY" ON THIS AS I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH THE CURRENT RIDE HEIGHT)

2016 MIDNIGHT JADE SL
Mini photoshoot after a saturday morning detail.
removed the front license plate to expose the whole front bumper (looks 100x better IMO)
ImageImageImageImageImage

hellosibba
Car: Nissan Rogue S 2015
Nissan Micra SV 2015 (with convenience package)

Hello Everybody,

Just joined Nico club.
I have a 2015 Rogue and 2015 Micra.

Rogue has been a nice partner for me in highways, drove in ontario & then quebec and new york as well.
So far loved every drive.

johnnybeerotten
Car: 2015 Rogue SL

Never did this when I first joined but I suppose it's never too late. We purchased our 2015 SL in May, 2015 so we've now just recently passed a year with it. My wife daily drives it and it is around 18K km. Oddly enough, when she still had her 2002 Venture van, she only drove about 13K km per year. When we were looking for a replacement for the van, we decided to downsize, since the kids were in their late teens (with the oldest going away for school to boot, and just in the past couple of weeks purchasing her own vehicle, a 2012 Altima S). We looked at all the manufacturers but one thing I wanted was a spare tire inside the vehicle, not slung underneath. That knocked a few off the list, including the Tuscon, which I was considering because I've been quite pleased with our 2010 Sonata. The Escape rear seat wasn't as nice, while it folds flatter than the Rogue because the bottom pivots forward, it was cut out strangely at the edge. The Rav4 top trim came with genuine artificial leather, so I figured, why pay top buck for that? The CX-5 was in the running but it didn't really seem to give you as much bang for the buck, plus the sunroof was quite small. Nothing beats that panoramic roof for brightening up the interior. Unless the sun is right overhead, we never drive with the shade closed. On top of that, the Mazda dealer we went to didn't have demo vehicles and expected us to decide to spend nearly $40K on their vehicle based on a quick drive around the neighbourhood! We're pretty happy with the Rogue, the only thing I did was immediately replace the OEM Dunlop all seasons with Nokian WRG3's because I didn't want to have to do the seasonal tire change on this vehicle. I sold the OEM's for CDN$500 so the net cost for the Nokians was only about CDN$650, which barely would have covered rims and pressure sensors anyway. Don't ask about the Nokians though, as we barely had any snow this past winter in Toronto (and I don't think I actually ever drove on snow covered roads). So far just a couple of trips to the dealer for the 8K and 16K services and there is an outstanding recall on the shifter interlock to be done in the next couple of weeks. I'm really pleased with the fuel economy, which of course is tops in field I believe. So far, we're averaging 9.9L/100 km (just under 24 MPG for my American friends) which is pretty good since it's heavily weighted to around town driving. The best I've done is 6.4 (nearly 37 MPG). My only gripes are that I'd rather the power seat have a tilt feature (instead of just up and down) and I'd be quite happy to give back the power recline and lumbar to get that and even with the steering wheel pulled out the farthest I feel like I'm reaching for the wheel (presumably to keep the airbag away from you, which I'm sure is evident in pretty much all cars now).

hpark21
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL
2006 Honda Odyssey EXL Res Nav
2006 Toyota Tundra SR5

Just got me a 2014 Rogue SL AWD with 26k miles on the ODO. Hopefully, this car will serve me well like the other cars in my driveway. I like to buy a car and stick with it for a long time. This was a CPO, so came with 7 yrs and 100K miles power train warranty so I am good with CVT issue until 2021 March. Of course, I wish it would last a lot longer though. That said, I was surprised to hear that Nissan CPO program does NOT extend bumper to bumper warranty at all.

Well, the car is so far quite delightful to drive, it is nimbler than my minivan, and it sips gas as I am currently averaging about 26mpg.

I was torn between this car and 2013 VW Tiguan. They were pretty comparable in price, I think Tiguan was a bit quieter and a bit more nimbler, but this was a year younger and had all bells and whistles along with large screen navigation (Tiguan had something that looked like 5" screen, my wife is used to 7" screen from the minivan).

During my shopping, I was very impressed with Hyundai Santafe, but unfortunately, it had more miles and was about $5k more expensive, but now Hyundai is in my list of top cars to test drive when time comes that I have to replace one of the other cars.

I think I got a great deal on the car and knock on wood that it will be as trouble free as my other cars. I enjoyed Honda Odyssey forums over the years and learned a LOT from fellow members and I believe I will get many helps here as well.

2008and2016Rogue
Car: 2008 Blue Rogue SL and 2016 Red Rogue SV

Hi,
We are former members of NICO, although I have lost our log in info so because we have just purchased a new 2016 Rogue, I created a new account. We have one of the original 2008 Rogue Sl's which we still have, running great at 135,000 miles. Today, we will take possession of our next Rogue, a 2016 Red, SV model. Looking forward to another great 8 years of Rogue driving.

relho
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV

I just traded my 2005 pontiac Montana SV6 after 10 years of great service. I looked at Subys, Sonata, abd Equinox.
loved the look of the Rogue.
My Montana was red (the 4th red car I owned) So I settled on a Red Rogue SV.
The S model is OK but I don't like hubcaps. ;)

Ecologito

I just traded in my 2005 forester for a 2016 Rogue SV AWD. So far I like it but I miss my subaru. I am sure it will serve me well. I am looking at the side mirror chrome trims on ebay, has anybody use them? Are they any good? I like theway they look on pictures but wanna make sure they are not just aright

2step
Car: 2016 Rogue

Howdy... first post here
We recently traded in my wife's '12 Altima for a '16 Rogue. The Altima was having CVT trans overheating problems along with an increasingly loud rumble from the rear axle. The trans just couldn't stand up to the Texas heat and highway speeds. Normally this would cause me to change brands but my wife liked the Rogue and I figured Nissan had a couple more years to address their poor quality issues. Plus my wife likes to have her own income and savings, and pick out her own vehicles so I don't cross her but I support her decisions and I do the bargaining so she gets the best deal.

The "bargaining" is a long story but in a nutshell, the salesman showed us a base model '16 Rogue, white, trade in with only 500 miles. Though a base, it seemed equipped well enough and was as close to new that a "used car" could get. We settled on $4000 off MSRP and took it home. We had given the exterior only a cursory examination at the dealer and it was only the next day with the Rogue parked in our garage, with the bright light from outside giving us the correct angles and reflections, that we noticed the hail damage. We were due to return to the dealer with a bank check for the total but I called first to let them know we were going to sit on the check and we would come in to make a new deal. First they wanted to repair the hail damage, then the next day they got worried that maybe they couldn't do a perfect job and we may still be unsatisfied, etc. The twist in the story is they gave us a new '16 white Rogue, same model but with 3 or 4 dealer add-ons, as a loner while they had our "used" Rogue to work the repairs. Long story short, I told them that since I didn't have a crystal ball to see how their repairs would turn out, we could agree to eliminate any worries by us keeping the "new" Rogue and they keep the "used" rogue, even/steven. After a couple of counter offers (I held to the original purchase price) I offered to give them a couple hundred for the their dealer add-ons but "that's it!" So in the end, after about 4 trips to the dealer, we got to take the "new" Rogue home for $4000 off MSRP.

I have no hard feelings with the dealer. The hail damage thing wasn't done on purpose and by ultimately agreeing to move us over into the new Rogue, I feel we were treated well.

Red Rogue

:inoutgay:

:mike
Last edited by Red Rogue on Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red Rogue

May 2016 I purchased a used 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD 14K miles on it. All leather, navigation etc. no sun roof.BTW the Bose sound system is very impressive ,seven speakers and a 12" sub woffer installed over the spare tire. Far more audio pwer than my previous 2008 Altima SE. The interior I think is far superior than other models i looked at. So far good gas mileage ,27 city and almost 34 highway. I added remote start( Viper model 4105V ) and a Curt trailer hitch to pull a utility trailer about 1500 lb. I installed the Curt trailer hitch and electrical and was a breeze. I added all new LED lights to trailer and therefor i use the cigarette lighter outlet in the rear to power the trailer and made it very simple not to add the A+ line directly to the SUV battery. This outlet can handle up to 10 amps (120 watts ) far below the 1/2 amp my trailer needs. Something to think about when adding a trailer that doesn't require much power. So far I love the Rogue and waiting to see how it does in snow. The only few things i don't like is the SUV to me is under powered, i wish they had a turbo or maybe a V6 option. The CVT shifting is weird, also has a sport mode which i prefer using instead of the normal or default mode. I've own previously a 2001, 2003, and a 2008 Nissan Altima and all were very nice including the CVT transmission. I've heard Nissan changed the way the transmission shifts in the Rogue to make it feel like its shifting through gears. Other than that it's very nice , spacious, some road noise but great to drive.
I'll give an update on winter driving as soon as we get some snow here in Connecticut. :inoutgay:

:mike

littleha
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Bought a 2016 Rogue SV AWD about a month ago to replace my 2010 Chevy Equinox with 121,000 km on it and so far very happy with the new car.

smithe68
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Just bought a '14 Rogue SL AWD with 28k on it Sunday. I went in to trade my Toyota Tacoma on a RAV4 (been mostly a Toyota driver since I was 16, 48 now) but I really liked the way the Rogue drove and it had a few features that I liked better plus I could get my triathlon bike in the back standing up with the front wheel off. Haven't gotten to drive it much yet but I did drive in to work today in some really crappy conditions, inches of fresh snow with ice underneath and I am very impressed with how it handled it.

NicoYa
Car: 08 SL Rogue

Hey Everyone,

Canadian 08 Rogue SL owner here - pretty much bone stock.

I've had my Rogue for about 4 years now - and it's been awesome.
I like doing my own repairs, hope to get some valuable info from Nico community, and provide my experience...

007BIG3
Car: 1974 Datsun 710

Hello everyone. New to the Rogue world bought my new wife a 2014 Rogue S I'm glad she loves it. Looks great and gets way better gas mileage then our 2014 Rav4. Taking it in to the dealer tomorrow for the 70k mile service. We'll be asking about the fuel pump and cvt reprogram recalls. Any thing else I should look out for?

Rogue-EdC

Hello!

Just bought a 2016 Rogue SV. Enjoying the new ride, but of course, working out the minor stuff.

- dim trunk light
- missing divide-n-hide panel handles
- dealing with the loss of ready space in the riding area (previous car was the Honda Odyssey)

Hoping to get some good family road trips with this one.

smithe68
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Welcome!

Nissan_TX

I just purchased my Mom a 2017 Nissan Rogue SL (all options). She has back issues (degenerative Scoliosis) and at age 70, it's already past the time she can really do anything about it. Her 2013 Altima S was irritating her back even more by having to pull herself out of a lower car and the seats having no lumbar support. As she is retired, and really can't afford a car payment, I decided to buy her the Rogue. I believe we got a great deal. MSRP of the 2017 Rogue SL was $33,825. I was able to get the dealer to drop the price down too $29,471 after about 3 times back and forth. With her trade $9700, the total of the car came out to $19771 before TTL. All set and done it was $21,400,80. I believe we got a great deal. What do you guys think? Haven't signed the papers yet, but I will tomorrow. Sales guy is also buying us a WeatherTech rear floor mat for it. I have the details below of all the cars we drove today. Enjoy.

Here is the list of cars we all drove today.

1. 2017 Nissan Rogue SL (all options, safety, etc)
2. 2017 Chevy Equinox Premier
3. 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 GT, iActive/Tech
4. 2017 RAV-4, Limited

The CX-5 was just too rough and just a bit too small It was the perfect height, but she couldn't stand the ride. Also the stereo controls with the knob going to be too difficult for her to get use too. The seats were a bit too small as well in width so it made it not as comfortable. To me, it handled great, but I like sporty cars. She also said the steering was really heavy and she believes it may hurt her shoulder again (rotator cuff injury). Heated seats didn't really feel like they were heating our backs up at all. We did drive one with 17" wheels, it wasn't much better on the ride.

The RAV4 was not very stable on the highway. It wondered a lot. It was also very cheaply built inside. A lot of hard plastics. It rode nice however and had a lot of rear seat room. Heated seats did great in this one. And it was a bit more expensive, even at invoice pricing. It was the highest of the 4.

Equinox, they only had two colors, but she liked the ride a lot. Smooth riding, stable highway. However she didn't want white, and that is all they had except a blue one, and again all the cheap hard plastics everywhere. Too many buttons. Comfortable seats, great heated seats. Not as many safety features as the Mazda, Rogue or Rav4. Price was comparable to the Rogue after discounts. It was her 2nd choice. It was also a bit too big for what she wanted.

Rogue SL. This car was the perfect car. It had very good handling without the punishment of ride. It also has bigger wheels, but they didn't effect how smooth the ride was. It has all the safety features from blind spot, cruise control distance control, auto high beams, emergency braking, rear cross traffic alert, etc. Seats were the most comfortable of the bunch, with great heated seats. Heated steering wheel. Roomy for it's size. Panoramic Sunroof. Rode smooth and stable on the highway which was the biggest concern with how well she got in and out of the car. Perfect height. It was also the cheapest of the 4.

Here is a picture attached of what it looks like, just not the one we are getting. Same color and options.

Nissan_TX

Here is the one we picked up. We love it!

DaiUyTed
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV
2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate MT
2005 Ford Thunderbird

Ditto! I bought my 70 year old wife a Rogue for the same reasons, after checking out the same (and a few more) alternatives. Her back problems make accessing our Genesis Coupe problematic, but she really appreciated its heated seats. So we went shopping. Unfortunately, this was before your beautiful blue was offered; it would have matched the Genny. The "blue" then, which looked great on the Nissan web site, turned out to look more an ashen grey. We got the Cayenne red. She loves it!

Nissan_TX

Ted. I'm sure your wife loves it either way! It is a very comfy ride.

DDCTechineer
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4x4

My wife and I signed the papers on a Gun Metallic 2015 Rogue SL AWD last night. She will be picking it up in a couple of hours. Should do a great job as a kid/dog/stuff hauler and family trip car. It replaces a 2009 CX-9 that was declared a total loss after a black ice induced non-injury collision.
This makes us a Nissan family as I daily drive a 2006 Frontier Nismo 4x4 that I also use for Volunteer SAR missions.

jandtmit
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

On 1/27/17 drove home a 2017 SL Rogue AWD in Caspian blue with the Premium and Platinum pkgs, along with other added accessories. Was comparing to about every other brand of this class, went down to two, an Subaru Outback and this Nissan. Price, options, and availability, stated mpg, etc. determined getting this one. Haven't had it long, but liking it so far, with exception of not as good of mpg as would've liked, or close to the stated. It might improve a little when it gets broken in, but not much for that I presume. Haven't had a Nissan in about 15 yrs and it was already 10 yrs old when I had it, so this being new is a bit of a treat. Just recently found and joined the site, so hello all.

jbillion
Car: 2004 M45 Premium Package
No mods, just keep it clean.
2008 Altima 3.5 SL CVT

Long time Nissan/Infiniti owner,just purchase a 2015 Nissan Rouge SL, white with black leather interior.

2004 Infiniti M45 Purchase in May 2008, traded in for 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL in October 2011, traded in for 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

I went from a V8, to a V6 to a V4. As I get older, and have a wife and kids, gas milage is more important that a speedy car. I haven't been active on the forums much, but I really love my new Rogue.

Ladyvenus999
Car: '17 Nissan Rogue
SL,Platinum trim

Just joined and got my first Rogue last week.
I have a black SL AWD, platinum package beautiful piece of machinery with a two tone sort of caramel and black quilted leather interior.

It's my third nissan. I had the 11 altima coupe and a 14 altima. I love their cars, but it's my first nissan awd suv. I'm thrilled so far.

A super smooth ride, beautiful inside and out.

NOVA718
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL w/Premium Package
2016 Honda Accord Sport (Traded in)
2014 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring (Sold)
2002 Nissan Maxima GLE (Sold)
1997 Nissan Altima SE (Sold)

Traded in my 2016 Accord Sport for a 2017 Nissan Rogue Sl w/premium package. Reason I switched over is because the ride quality of the Accord was too harsh and stiff and my lower back used to start hurting after driving for more than an hour. Since I travel between NYC and Philly often, it just wasn't bearable anymore. Plus having the clearance and the benefits of awd, I wouldn't have to cancel my plans every time is snowed here.

burrpenick
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV
2012 Ford Focus
2015 Mustang 3.7 V6/ 300HP
1969 Plymouth Barracuda

Just bought a 2015 SV w/9500 miles. So far it seems to be everything I had hoped for. Anxious to find other owners that like to do their own service, make modifications, or even perform minor work on their own vehicles. So far I've not seen or heard of many on the list, but I'm hoping to hear from more shade tree mechanics! I'm considering adding fog lights w/a separate on/off switch inside- not sure where to run a wire thru the firewall just yet..............

Return to “Rogue Forum”