2nd GEN NISSAN ROGUE MEMBERS = POST YOUR INTRO

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
willvaz
Car: 2015 rogue sl

CapeCodChips wrote:I've had test drives with 4 different '14 Rogues. I love the Cayenne Red but it looks too much like lipstick or nail polish, not a bad thing, just not masculine.
I was all set to buy a Forester but I'm switching teams, probably buy a black/black SV next week.
Anyone know how much crossbars run? Since I'll only use them 6 days a year I'll probably make my own.
They go for around $300 at the dealer, I got mine as part of the deal when I purchased my 2015 Rogue SL, I seen them cheaper on Amazon.

domo325
Car: Nissan Rogue 2015

Hello everyone,

I bought my new pearl white Nissan Rogue 2015 SV AWD about a month ago. Was torn between a Rogue and a Murano, but settled with the Rogue since I was able to get more from the car with the money I spent. Never regretted it.

I'm looking into doing some light modding on my Rogue, and hoping to be quite active in this forum. Hope this car will last me more than 5 years with little to no problems (knock on wood).

OkieMom
Car: 2014 Rogue

Owner of a 2014 Rogue. Had since June 2014. Really enjoying it. Best mileage so far is 34.8.
Have a basic radio and would like to upgrade. Dealer told me they don't do upgrades to radios, look at Best Buy !!!

DaiUyTed
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV
2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate MT
2005 Ford Thunderbird

Crutchfield.com Tremendous selection, great prices, excellent hand-holding.

Rogue514

Hi from Montreal.
Owner of a Rogue SL 2015 since June 2015, I'm looking forward to the information in here.

texasrogue
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL FWD; Premium Package

Hello from Texas!

Owner of a 2014 Rogue SL, fwd, with the Premium Package. Purchased in October 2014, so it just had its first anniversary a week ago. I'm very impressed with the Rogue's mileage and smooth ride. I tend to hypermile when I drive, hence the decent average mpg on my Fuelly badge below.

engineer20
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Package

Hello, I have a 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Package.

Some of my questions are:
Does this car have a transmission drain plug? Since it's a CVT, does it have a filter or trans filter or no, and should I do my first drain and fill at 30k and every 30k thereafter, or have the dealer flush it at 30 or 60k? One dealer said 30k, another said 60, but is flushing the CVT good or is it better to gently do a drain and fill every 30k? And is Castrol CVT fluid ok? NS 3 is 19 at the dealership but one said they can offer me a deal of 14 dollars per quart on it, but Castrol CVT said it's OK for NS-3, whereas valvoline and enos only specify up to NS-2. But a drain and fill is better right? Do I need to drop the pan or is there a filter?

I just did my first DIY oil change at 8k miles, at 5k, I got the free dealer oil change, and I used a mobil 1 EP filter and mobil 1 EP oil. Can I reuse the filter if I want to change out the oil after 3k at 11k total on the car to get rid of wear metals? And how long should nissan oem filters last, as the dealer offer those for 7 dollars each.

Where is the coolant drain plug? Do a drain and fill at 30k for the coolant or do a flush at the dealership, or do an at home flush? Flush or just drain and fill every 30k? Is Nissan Blue from the dealership same as pep boys retrochem oem branded nissan blue? What about the beck and arnley blue? Is nissan blue similar or the same as the other japanese blues such as honda and subaru coolant? The aftermarket blue coolants say they're for Nissan, Subaru, Honda, so can I use suburu and honda dealer coolant in the nissan, etc or nissan fluid in those cars, are they the same, or no? And can the aftermarket stuff mix with nissan oem blue fluid after a drain and fill, or should I do a full flush for that, and are there any concentrate blue fluids, aftermarket?

Should I rotate my tires every 3k? Is that better than at 5k since this is an awd vehicle and I was told awd vehicles need to have constant tread? And speaking of this being my first awd vehicle, I heard the transfer case oil needs to be changed. How often should it be changed, and if you DIY it, is it a drain and fill where you can get all of it out, like engine oil, or just part of it out like transmission? Thanks, and I'm excited to use this site, but these are some initial basic maintenance questions I have.

This has the xtronic cvt, is this design better than the previous, as I've heard bad things about the jatco cvt and how it wasn't reliable and how it was also used in jeeps, but this one is new and just came out in 2014, so is it reliable, or is it also going to be risky, as I plan to keep this car long term to 200k.

maddy_usa

and dont forget to post your car pics at: 2014 MEMBER PHOTO ALBUM
Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

roland rabara
Car: nissan rogue 2015 AWD

Hi guys

i just got a 2015 nissan rogue S AWD.
Pretty cool car :yesnod :) ;)

roland rabara
Car: nissan rogue 2015 AWD

Hi everyone,
I just want to ask if somebody can answer my questions.

I got a Nissan Rouge 2015 AWD with mileage of about 8,000 miles. I will be moving from wyoming to Texas pretty soon. I am planning to install a Class III receiver hitch with a @ 2" ball. hitch rating is 3,500 lbs and 350 tongue weight.

I am planning to tow a 5x8 u haul trailer that weighs empty at 900 lbs.

my question is that is there any issues if my trailer will have a weight of more than 1,500 with stuff inside? Has anybody has experience on this? Nissan told me that the max tow weight shall be only 1,00 :sad: 0 lbs max.

please advice, thank you :sad: :gotme

mastercoin
Car: 2010 Rogue SL

Longtime Nissan owner. Purchased 2010 Rogue, and still driving it. I live in Chicago where snow is routine. The rogue helps me move about easily.

maddy_usa

I have purchase Nissan Rogue 2015 SL AWD . :) in Salt Lake city

Knob
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue S 2wd

Hey all I just got a 2015 Nissan Rogue s 2wd-gunmetal black cloth-basic trim.
-Knob

mpscotia

Hi all.

We are a 2015 white Rogue SV AWD owner here from Nova Scotia.

We traded in a 2015 RAV4 for our first Nissan. The RAV4 was "fine", but our local Toyota dealership didn't meet our expectations, so we dumped it. That tells you a lot when we dump a car due to the dealership. ;)

Our Nissan dealership is brand new to our area and had a tonne of incentives on to move vehicles, so we couldn't pass up the offer. We can't wait to put many many kilometers on the Rogue. :)

jam1196

I have a 2009 Rogue. Today my drivers side would not open. Apparently this is a long on going problem ignored by Nissan. People write they are waiting for a recall. When I called Nissan, they say bring it in. For $130.00 we can do a diagnosis and the $130.00 will go towards the repair. Of course they have no idea about so many people having this problem. Too bad they don't stand behind their product! My 1997 ford F150 with 226,000 miles on it never had this problem.
Nissan, where is the recall??????

luigilong
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

Last week I bought a 2015 Nissan Rogue, Midnight Jade, from our local Subaru/Nissan dealer in town. So far, I am extremely pleased with it, and looking to make customizations to make it more personal and unique. One thing, the changing/replacing of front bulbs is a very arduous, and time-consuming task! If anyone has any tips, (there is only a suggestion in the manual to take it back to the dealer) on how to access the sealed headlamp unit, I would be most grateful - my fingers and hands would definitely thank you :)

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

maddy_usa wrote:and dont forget to post your car pics at: 2014 MEMBER PHOTO ALBUM
Topic merged with existing thread. Main topic title revised.

Iteachyoumath
Car: 2019 Rogue S Special Edition, Glacier White

Nissan newbie here! Just purchased a 2016 Rogue SV AWD with Premium Package in Mudnight Jade. I am loving it! Hope to learn tips, tricks and just overall helpful knowledge here!

dscott2429

I just purchased a 2011 Rogue SV. I am looking forward to getting much needed information on this site! :nono:

shortfuse
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

Newbie here. Just purchased a 2015 Rogue. Great SUV. Lots of good info here, look forward to learning more about my Rogue.

XJsss Rogue
Car: 2016 Rogue SL Premium-Package Red/Almond

We Just purchased a 2016 Rogue SL w/Premium Package for our daughter to learn on and drive through college. The Rogue is perfect for her in that it is easy to drive, smooth, and sufficiently powered. It has a red exterior and almond interior. We are adding the dimming/Homelink/compass mirror that I purchased off Amazon for $208.88 and the dealer will install it for free as a result of my complaining that that should be included, so they offered to cover the labor. So far we like this vehicle and look forward to being able to use this forms vast repository of information.

Landsharkk
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD with 3rd Row/7 seat.

Hello,

Two days ago my Wife and I bought a 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD with the 3rd row. This is a pretty huge leap for us, we are coming from a 2004 WRX Wagon (still have it, likely will sell it soon) that we've had for 10 years now and put 195k miles on, it still runs great and is a lot of fun to drive.

This is our first Nissan (sorta...I'll explain), first automatic/cvt, first SUV/Crossover, and first 'larger' car we've owned.

Basically we've got 2 kids, both in child car seats, and want at least 1 more very soon. Our Nissan purchase was to get a headstart on having a vehicle that can accommodate the size of our family. We are against larger vehicles/vans, so it took us a VERY long time to make the decision to get the Nissan. Basically, we are considering the Nissan Rogue our true family vehicle.

We actually had ordered a 2016 Subaru Forester in manual transmission, but started looking at 7 seat options while waiting for the car to get delivered. Technically the Subaru gets delivered to the dealer today, so we'll be backing out of that deal (nothing signed, no issues here).

We also test drove a Mitsubishi Outlander with the 3rd row and had no plans to test drive the Nissan Rogue, but after experiencing what a 3rd row vehicle would be like, we decided to test drive the Rogue. And I'll say I'm glad I did! The Outlander experience was somewhat 'meh' or average. But the moment I sat in the Rogue for the test drive it just felt right, way better interior, more comfort, more features, etc.

The hardest part for us us giving up the manual transmission, Subaru's AWD, and a sunroof/moonroof. We've always driven manual transmission cars and giving that up is going to sting a bit.

We are basically new to Nissan, with some exceptions. My Wife use to drive a 1980's 240z and an '86 280z. I also use to drive a 1978 Datsun 510. We have friends and family that have worked for Nissan and/or own Nissan vehicles. I never envisioned myself ever owning or driving a Nissan again, so this is an interesting experience.

Anyway, I enjoy getting involved in car forums, so Hello!

jays_2016
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue S AWD

Hello. After owning two Escapes and having lots of problems with the last one we decided to go in a different direction. I originally was really interested in a CR-V and took one for a drive and got a preliminary offer worked out. We decided to go for supper then check out the Nissan dealership because I was also intrigued by the Rogue.

My wife wasn't a big fan of the CR-V, she found the seats uncomfortable and just generally wasn't impressed with it. The overall comfort and look of the interior, as well as the cargo versatility really got us interested in the Rogue. We took it for a test drive and, although the CRV had a bit more power, the Rogue really handled well and had a nice ride.

Overall, the Rogue just offers a better value. Things like standard roof rails, better infotainment system, larger tires, standard block heater, and overall nicer interior were all selling points. We ended up getting a S AWD with winter and all-season tires. We've only had it a week but we're really happy thus far.

MRL0926
Car: 2016 Rogue SL AWD Gun Metal / Black (2nd Rogue)
2015 Murano Platinum AWD Gun Metal / Black (3rd Murano)

Long time Nissan owner
Just purchased 2016 Rogue SL AWD Gun Metal / Black (second Rogue - previously 2012 SL)
also purchased left-over new 2015 Murano Platinum AWD (third Murano - previously 2011 SL and 2008 SL)
My wife and I are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary thus the 2 new cars!
Told the kids we are not leaving any money behind when we depart!
My 2016 Rogue has Nissan Connect but the 2015 Murano does not have Nissan Connect.

DaiUyTed
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV
2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate MT
2005 Ford Thunderbird

MRL0926 wrote:Long time Nissan owner
Just purchased 2016 Rogue SL AWD Gun Metal / Black (second Rogue - previously 2012 SL)
also purchased left-over new 2015 Murano Platinum AWD (third Murano - previously 2011 SL and 2008 SL)
My wife and I are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary thus the 2 new cars!
Told the kids we are not leaving any money behind when we depart!
My 2016 Rogue has Nissan Connect but the 2015 Murano does not have Nissan Connect.
Good for you!!!
Last year we celebrated our 46th with a new Rogue and a new Genesis Coupe.

skylightpigeon
Car: 2015 Nissan X-Trail T32

Geetings from the Philippines

Changed wheels to OEM Nissan Juke Nismo 18s painted metallic black

titomontero
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV

The 2016 Rogue is amazing! There's not much out there, but I hope many Rogue owners post their experience, upgrades, and concerns. Let me start by sharing the research I did in all small SUV's/Crossovers in the market... The 2016 Nissan Rogue is by far the best option. We purchased the SV model for the price of the S model in Arctic Metallic Blue! It looks very fancy.

Everything is in the eyes of the beholder... There's only few reviews out there, some good, some not so good. I hope to add useful and helpful treads regarding the 2016 Rogue.

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

Hello everyone, my name is Ken and I just purchase a 2015 Rogue SL AWD with Premium Pkg in Pearl White and Almond Interior 3 weeks ago and loving it so far.

RogueRVA
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Greetings Rouge family!
New 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD white (might be pearl?) owner from Richmond, Virginia.
My wife made the choice and we got a spanking great deal here in RVA for it (it had 6 miles on it). However, over the next few months we are going to be adding a few "bells and whistles". There is a great after market place here called Audio Express and they do great work on Nissans.

We are planning on doing the following, and I will be sharing pics and asking for help and advice
--- Navigation (Kenwood DNN992 - I did my research and this seems to be the Mercedes of navs for the Rogue with great reviews)
--- Sunroof (any advice is appreciated)
--- fog lights (any advice is appreciated)
--- auto dimming mirror (any advice is appreciated)
--- heated seats (any advice is appreciated)

All around the above is going to cost us around $3,000 - 3,500.

Please let me know your input and thoughts on the above.

Best wishes to all and I have to agree that the Rouge is one amazing SUV for under $25K.

NissanOO7
Car: 2015 BMW X5M
2013 Ford SVT Raptor

Just posted in the other intro link....

Looking to buy a new 2016 or 2017 Rogue SL AWD. Been looking at some of the current 2016's with an MSRP of ~$34,085.

Looks like a great little car with good mileage to go along with it. Looking to see what the best is I can get it for OTD price wise as the dealers around here have like 80+ of them on the lots and I'd think the 2017's are coming soon.....

Anyhow.... LONG time forum poster, so looking forward to talking with everyone....

Return to “Rogue Forum”