2nd GEN NISSAN ROGUE MEMBERS = POST YOUR INTRO

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
pteodor
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014 SV

Hi,
I'm the proud owner of a 2014 SV Rogue.
Teodor

Jerzul
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV

Just bought a new 2015 Rogue SV w/Premium package a few hours ago. Colors are Gun/Charcoal. We got an excellent deal. Haven't really played with it fully but I'm looking forward to it!

Kris5449
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

Hey everyone. Just joined after buying a new '14 rogue. Here's my story.
My Jeep that is heavily upgraded off-road driving became impractical (not to mention undesirable) for a daily driving, so I searched the web for compact and mid-sized SUVs (and awd wagon/sedans) that had the features I like, then compared the ones I found via consumer reports. My final four choices were: Subaru Legacy, Subaru Impreza, Nissan Juke and Nissan Rogue. I went to the Subaru dealer first (due to proximity) and the customer service was so bad I left without even test driving.
Drove to the Nissan dealer, and had much better luck. Tried the Juke, but it was so small I felt like I was trying it on, rather than test driving it.
Tried the Rogue and liked it. Decided to buy one with more features in exchange of 4wd. Still have my Jeep for when weather is awful or awesome so I'm fine with fwd on the rogue. Bought a 2014 in December of 2014 and bought the vehicle the manager had been demoing so I saved a good amount. So far, I'm loving it.

nycguy00
Car: 2015 Rogue

Hi Everyone,

new to the forum, just pick up a 2015 Rogue SL AWD Gun Metallic

Tudy
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue S AWD Cayenne Red/Beige int.
(but with HUB CAPS ??? C'mon Nissan...)

After test driving the 2015 Rogue with my sister who was car shopping, I decided to save some money and leave my beloved Murano (have had 3 of them) and try the Rogue. I must say I really love this car and I only got the base model 2015 Rogue S AWD Cayenne Red/beige interior. The darn thing has bloody HUB CAPS!!! Who does that anymore! But I was determined to reduce my cost of car ownership and I didn't need the capacity to tow my boat like the Murano did, so here I am.

Then BAM! Boston gets hit with a blizzard and a following storm that to me felt like another blizzard! My new car....pasted with road salt...has probably endured more scratches these last 2 weeks than it will over the next year or 2... I haven't had fair enough weather to play with the 18 different variations of the rear cargo board positions!

Other than that- I am really impressed with this car. I enjoy driving it. It handles the snow covered roads very well as well as deep puddles. Compared to my Murano, I LOVE THE GAS MILEAGE! That is a huge one for me.

I could go on, but this is enough. I hope to enjoy many years with my new ride.

Tudy

notasoccermom
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

After a pretty horrendous accident a week ago (thankfully no injuries) in my 2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS i opted to slowww things down a bit and pick up my first ever 2015 Rogue SL tomorrow (arctic blue). I suspect i'll miss the turbo/six speed manual of my juke and the recaro racing seats, butttt i won't miss the size of it

aussietoronto
Car: 2015 Rogue SL - Premium package

Hi All,

New Rogue owner here in Toronto.
I have the 2015 SL premium and love it.

Started to do a couple of mods, first of which is covering the centre dash and "fake" carbon fibre sections with a 3D, 3M vinyl product.
Let me know your thoughts.

Great forum for advice and how to's

http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/ryancross78/library/

cthulhuX

Picked up our 2015 Red/Black SL Rogue (with Prem Pkg) in December and really love it. Shopped crossovers starting in July and finally pulled the trigger. Almost ended up with a Forester because the local Nissan dealers are only fair to terrible.

Anyway, been slowly doing both some cosmetic mods and making the car more functional (we downsized from an Odyssey) and thus joined the forum to see what others have done.

Cheers!

PS. I think the cutest thing about the car is that it chirps a little tune when it arrives home.

Old man
Car: 2015 Rogue SV

I am new to the site. I'm am 63, and just purchased a 2015 Rogue SV. Hope to get a lot of help from the site. Thanks in advance.

summitview

New owner of 15 Rogue SV AWD with family package in Vancouver BC.
Needed the 3rd row for occasional use. So my options were down to the Rogue and the Outlander for compact SUV. Didn't like the look of the outlander.
So went ahead and bought the Rogue.
So far I am loving the new Rogue. The CVT is new to me and needs some time to get used to.

Lyndon1024
Car: Nissa Rogue SL AWD Gunmetal/Char

Hello, Everyone,
Just bought 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Gun/Char. Was wanting the 2015 CRV Touring instead, but price was too good for Nissan and it was more expensive to get CRV. Happy with my choice...but now looking to mod the Rogue...Love what AussieToronto posted, the fake carbon fiber look. Was wondering where he got that. I just ordered the HID kit also for the low-beam headlights; will get the HID kit for the foglight at later time. Looking for Strut bar now,,but nowhere to be found. If anyone one know where I can get one, please let me know.

ksgsharma
Car: 2015 Nissan Rouge SL FWD Arctic Blue / Black Int.

khen wrote:Hello fellow 2014 Rogue owners

I picked up my SL 2 weeks ago. Upgaded from a 2010 SL AWD. I absolutely love the car except for one thing...poor MPG! :nono:
According to the integrated display... im only managing 23 MPG in a 65/35 - Highway/City mix. These figures are purely based on what the car is telling me though...... Planning on tracking actual miles vs fuel up to confirm they're accurate.
Also hoping that it'll improve slightly over the next few months or so. Anyone else disappointed in their MPG results?

Would love feedback from other 2014 AWD Rogue drivers.

Other than this... the car is fantastic.

K
Event I too picked up a new 2015 Rouge SL 4 Weeks back and disappointed with poor mpg. Averaging only 23 mpg with mixed city / highway driving. EPA estimate at 28 mpg Avg. No way near that. Will it pick up the numbers in weeks to come or is there a problem in the car itself or Am I a bad driver ? Please help me out.

yearoftherat
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Just picked up a SV AWD in Arctic Blue last week. Already replaced the stock mats with Weathertechs. Coming from a 5 spd, the CVT is def different but liking it. Still figuring things out but enjoying the new ride so far.

Pop-Pop
Car: 2015 Rogue S Gun Met

Hi all,

Just joined forum. Just brought home 2015 Rogue S. My friend has 2 rogues 2009 & 2014 and loves them. No problems. I bought on his recommendation. only have 14 miles on the can of which 3 are mine :biggrin: Ordered a rear bar for it today on Amazon. I park on the street sometimes while out and that back looks kind of unprotected. Still driving my subie around for a couple weeks till my daughter's ready to take it so it'll stay in the garage for now. Give the snow a chance to melt and maybe the road crews will fix the thousands of pothole we have by then :mad:

Pop-Pop (what my 8 grands call me)

Pop-Pop

ksgsharma wrote:
khen wrote:Hello fellow 2014 Rogue owners

I picked up my SL 2 weeks ago. Upgaded from a 2010 SL AWD. I absolutely love the car except for one thing...poor MPG! :nono:
According to the integrated display... im only managing 23 MPG in a 65/35 - Highway/City mix. These figures are purely based on what the car is telling me though...... Planning on tracking actual miles vs fuel up to confirm they're accurate.
Also hoping that it'll improve slightly over the next few months or so. Anyone else disappointed in their MPG results?

Would love feedback from other 2014 AWD Rogue drivers.

Other than this... the car is fantastic.

K
Event I too picked up a new 2015 Rouge SL 4 Weeks back and disappointed with poor mpg. Averaging only 23 mpg with mixed city / highway driving. EPA estimate at 28 mpg Avg. No way near that. Will it pick up the numbers in weeks to come or is there a problem in the car itself or Am I a bad driver ? Please help me out.
I never attained the stated mileage on any car I've owned but I know that after the car breaks in, they improve. My Crosstrek only got 18/24 while breaking in but got up to 22/30. Never got the 25/33 they claimed. They test these cars in the most ideal conditions. Come to NYC for city figures and the West Side Highway for hwy figures :biggrin:

Pop-Pop

Denpro
Car: 2015 Rouge

Denpro here , I have been driving X5's for the past 12 years and decided it was time to stop the ridiculous car payments. My wife had purchased a 2014 Altima which she loves so I looked at the 15' Rouge , CRV , Escape, and Highlander. I got the Rouge SL AWD and have been quite satisfied with my decision.
I really am impressed with the quality and amenities it provides, sluggish compared to the BMW but twice the millage at 1/2 the price!

However the big chrome V on the grill is screaming "Black me out"!
So I am looking for tips on how to remove the chrome V on the grill for painting ,
I removed the 4 screws but it is still not coming out , looks like there are two main tabs but I could not figure out how they release.
Can anyone lend some advice?
Thank you

insne
Car: '15 Rogue SV AWD

Pop-Pop wrote:Hi all,

Just joined forum. Just brought home 2015 Rogue S. My friend has 2 rogues 2009 & 2014 and loves them. No problems. I bought on his recommendation. only have 14 miles on the can of which 3 are mine :biggrin: Ordered a rear bar for it today on Amazon. I park on the street sometimes while out and that back looks kind of unprotected. Still driving my subie around for a couple weeks till my daughter's ready to take it so it'll stay in the garage for now. Give the snow a chance to melt and maybe the road crews will fix the thousands of pothole we have by then :mad:

keep us updated on the rear bumper guard! I've been looking around for a front/rear set for these dangerous NYC streets.

50HIRogue
Car: 2014 Rogue

Hi all. I purchased my 2014 Rogue 2WD SV pure drive here in Oahu, HI.
I do like the car very much. I'm hoping to make it last and keep it dependable. I'd like to express my thanks in advance you the knowledge base in these forums. -Brian

Pop-Pop

insne wrote:
Pop-Pop wrote:Hi all,

keep us updated on the rear bumper guard! I've been looking around for a front/rear set for these dangerous NYC streets.
I put the bar on and it turned out great. LOL, haven't even driven it yet but tomorrow, my subie goes to my daughter tomorrow so the the rogie comes out of the garage.

I had ordered the BlackHorse rear bumper guard. However, after installing the brackets, I unwrapped the bar which was heavily wrapped in foam and saw it was a Vanguard Bar. I put the bar on and liked the look a lot so I called the dealer and he refunded me fifty bucks for the error. The bars actually look the same. Putting the bar on was easy. Didn't have to jack the car up. First thing I did was take the factory tie down bracket off on the rear passenger side frame. You do have to take the underside plastic panels off beforehand which is easy. Three clips and a screw expanding clip for both. I Googled 2014-2015 Nissan Rogue hitch installation and found YouTube videos. They both showed where the clips are. One guy wasn't putting the panels back on and one cut the panels and reinstalled them. I decided to cut them because they protect from dirt getting up into the bumper cover. On the passenger side, I only had to cut a small piece 1x3 off, and the driver side, maybe a 4x3 piece. Easy with a hand jig saw and they reinstalled as easily as they came off. Getting to everything is easy because it's all right there behind the rear wheels. You don't have to actually go under the car, go just under the sides behind the rear wheels. OK, after taking the tie down bracket off, I put the right side bracket. Don't tighten it all the way because there,s a slight adjustment you can make depending on how far you want the bar away from the bumper. Put the left side bracket on the same way. Then put the arm brackets on the frame brackets. You just have to stoop down at the back of the car to do this. They have an adjustment also, but make a little snug. Then put the bar on the end of the arm brackets. I decided that I wanted the bar about 1.5 inches away from the bumper so I moved the frame bracket adjustment all the way back (it's only about .5 inch adjustable) and tightened the bracket all the way. BTW, my wife helped me by holding the bar steady while I worked. Then I adjusted the bar to the exact position I wanted and tightened the arm brackets all the way. It comes out really solid. I'm sure I could stand on the bar but why mess up the finish :biggrin: Put the panels back on and all done. Looks great. Tools needed: Ratchet, 12mm socket, 18mm socket, something to trim the plastic panels, and a philips screwdriver.

Here's a link the shows what it looks like. I bought on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-8D116703SS- ... automotive

good luck, you need one in the Big Apple :biggrin:

Pop-Pop

pjacob123
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL

I bought a 2014 Rogue SL back in August. Absolutely love it!!

sganapathy
Car: Nissan Rogue SL 2015

Bought a new Nissan Rogue SL FWD Black end of May 2015. :)
Disappointed with poor gas mileage - Avg 21.8 city. :(

actcdriver
Car: Rogue 2014

Hi everyone I have got a rogue 14 ..... want to change the Air filter myself .... cannot find any instruction anywhere and this rogue air filter is very different and hard to figure out!!
I would appreciate it if someone can post a video on how to do it.... It hurts to pay $45 for an Air filter change.
Many thanks
Bob
:crazy:

khulk
Car: 2015 AWD SV Rogue with Premium Package

actcdriver wrote:Hi everyone I have got a rogue 14 ..... want to change the Air filter myself .... cannot find any instruction anywhere and this rogue air filter is very different and hard to figure out!!
I would appreciate it if someone can post a video on how to do it.... It hurts to pay $45 for an Air filter change.
Many thanks
Bob
:crazy:
Welcome, Bob. Please, this thread is for introductions (not questions).
We also have a very nifty search feature here. I typed in "air filter" and found this thread that might help you: post6651846.html?hilit=air%20filter#p6651846

DaiUyTed
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV
2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate MT
2005 Ford Thunderbird

Confused about this thread. Subject: "2014 Nissan Rogue Members..." Although there is a separate thread for new members to introduce themselves, this thread appears first, and new 2015 owners are introducing themselves here.
:wtf2:

SylerRogue

I purchased a 2015 Rogue SL after the grandkids got our 2012 Rogue. It is a great step up and we are enjoying it very much. Now, if we can get everything programmed. LOL

indeo007
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Hello All,
My first post here. Just picked a 2015 Rogue SV AWD with Premium Package yesterday, July 4th !!
Gun/Charcoal colors. Love it so far. Looking forward for more posts here. Haven't played with it yet, but looks very feature packed so far. Cheers guys.

kapesports
Car: 2015 Rogue - 2015 Altima

Hi all !!
Been hoovering around for a while now.. We finally traded our 1st gen Rogue (2008) with 2nd gen Rogue(2015).. We enjoyed driving the 1st gen Rogue and im sure we would love the 2nd gen even more..

Already did most the Light bulb mods...

jlbone29926

Does anyone know where I can find a copy/replacement Window Sticker for my Rogue?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

jlbone29926 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find a copy/replacement Window Sticker for my Rogue?
See my reply to your other post. post6668206.html#p6668206

JiggyDancer
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD, Premium Package, Moonroof Package

Just got my Rogue last weekend!

Hello all~

Return to “Rogue Forum”