2nd GEN NISSAN ROGUE MEMBERS = POST YOUR INTRO

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Ed B.
Car: 2014 Moonlight White, Almond Interior SL Premium pkg +

Ed B originally wrote:

"Hello All,

We replaced wife's 2001 Avalon with 2014 Rogue. Moonlight white, almond int. SL, premium, illuminated kick plates. want to upgrade cargo area lighting and will start with cargo area sound deadening. other wise I like it. the ride is fairly smooth, front cabin pretty quiet (I still hear the cargo area road noise though).

Like: mileage,best, over 30 mpg (78 mph) on south Fla I-95 with the breeze behind us.. 24-27 mixed driving, 700 some miles.. 4 cameras, rear seat room and movement. cargo versatility, handles well, CVT Ok, doesn't jump down like a traditional. but no prob zipping onto the highway on the daily commute or rolling along at 80 mph.

don't like: bare sheet metal cargo floor and walls. no remote start option (for heat down here). Dimming mirror not included in premium pkg..

Will post more as project progresses..

Watching Miami Heat go down in flames... :'>[

Ed B."

Update:

Added Rattletrap .08" sound deadener to the cargo area as there seemed to be noticeable road noise emanating from back there. Living in S. Florida meant no problem sticking, actually was gummy by noon. As you can see there is some strategically placed dry foam deadening and appears to be plastic cell paint covering the sheet metal. Opened the hatch, Placed a card table up against the back, and cut on the table pulling the roll as I went. It took about 9 hrs total from pulling the panels to replacing the panels. found a video on you tube for wire harness install showing panel removal.. made a significant difference in sound level and frequency of road noise whoosh...Added 16 lbs weight. Also I found that it subdued the rear sub woofer which is inside the spare tire slightly . It still sounds fine though...could still use some help passenger compartment under carpet (thin rubber backing only) and doors (it isn't my Buick Enclave after all... ;>) We still like the car after 3 months..

Before: Image

After:

Outside panel passenger side
Outside panel drivers side

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Wow, nice job Ed. B!

thecmancan
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014 SV w/ Family PKG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyxzo9zrcqpemqt/IMAGE_438.jpg

Image fail?

I just bought my Gunmetal 2014 Nissan Rogue SV with Family Package.

Truecar price was honored with splashguards, bumperguards and floor mats thrown in. I got the car a good amount off MSRP, plus dealer had to ship over from another location on flatbed. So overall, very happy with the deal. Although, the damn NYC taxes added over 2K to the deal.

So far, the ride is so effing smooth, everyone had no problem falling asleep even in rough city streets. Very nice for kids in the back. It's also very quiet compared to our old Honda.

I'm just worried a little about MPG. I'm getting 20mpg at best. However, I'm doing mostly city driving in traffic, stop-n-go highway traffic and rarely cruise speed. So hoping for some improvements after break-in.

Nenad985
Car: 2009 Nissan Maxima

I currently driving 2009 Maxima and I'm looking to buy some mid-size SUV. My first option is definitely Rogue, but I'm not sure whether to buy 2014 model or to wait 2015 Rogue http://2015releasedate2016.com/2015-nissan-rogue/. It seams that model for 2015 comes without any changes.

hu_guy

Just purchased a 2014 Rogue SL with premium package to replace my wife's RAV4. Should be picking it up this week.

StevieGFTM
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL

StevieGFTM wrote:Got my 2014 Rogue SL with the premium package two weeks ago. Really loving it. I do have a slight rattle coming from the passenger side of the moon roof. My dealer is looking at it tomorrow. Hope it only needs a slight adjustment. Anyone else experiencing the same rattle!
Update...
Had a rattle problem since the first few days after getting my a Rogue. The rattle would stop if I pressed on the glass. After two visits and adjustments failed to resolve the issue, my dealer replaced the sliding roof panel and thankfully, it has been resolved. The car is brand new and still under warranty, so no charge for the repair. I often like to drive without the radio on so this needed to be resolved. Good to go now!

bdoyle87
Car: Graphite Blue 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Hey, everyone. Just traded a 2015 Mazda6 that I had purchased a few months ago for a 2014 Rogue SV AWD. The Mazda just never quite made me satisfied.

sideshot
Car: silver 2014 nissan rogue sl awd

hi all just picked up a 2014 NISSAN ROGUE SL AWD no Premium Package on 8/31/14 didn't want moon roof and can live without blind spot monitor and stuff the upgraded headlights would have been nice but it came with fog lights so far all is good :biggrin:

Domkitty

Bought a 2014 Nissan Rogue SL in April 2014. Worked great so far until today. Cruising on the highway at about 116 kilometers/hour (using cruise control), the engine suddenly lost power and we had to pull to a stop on the highway. The engine will not start again. It has now been towed to a Nissan dealership. For a car that is less than 6 months old and with about 8,000 kms on it (it has not even had its first oil change yet), this seem rather strange. Is there anyone out there who has experienced a similar issue ?

Dom.

AmandaK
Car: 2015 Gunmetal Gray SV Family Premium Package Rogue

Hi,

I'm about one day away from possibly purchasing a Rogue with an SV Family Premium Package. Money is a concern for me but I want to get the best little SUV possible and from my research I feel that the Rogue ranks highest because of mileage, safety, etc. All the dealers I spoke to claimed that the SV Premium Family Package is difficult to get, especially in the colors I preferred. My favorite was the blue but I might be going for the gray since I can't find the blue. Anyway, the best offer I could find for this was $27,250. I think this is under MSRP but not under invoice. Would I be paying way too much for this car? What did some of you get?

Thanks!

Amanda

nav2014
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV - FWD

Picking up a 2014 Rogue SV model FWD (Red color) on Thursday.

Excited, but nervous about buying a 1st iteration of 2nd Gen model. The vehicle I am replacing is a still going strong 1998 Honda Accord after 16 years. It was a 6th Gen Accord, don't remember what the iteration was within that Gen. Sad to see it go after all these years.

Hopefully I don't run into all the issues that others have reported with Rogue...engine shutting down, sunmoon roof rattle, divide and hide rattle.

I did not buy the SL package due to cost and numerous complaints of the Navigation system randomly booting or not turning on.

nitin_hamir
Car: Rouge 2014

nav2014 wrote:Picking up a 2014 Rogue SV model FWD (Red color) on Thursday.

Excited, but nervous about buying a 1st iteration of 2nd Gen model. The vehicle I am replacing is a still going strong 1998 Honda Accord after 16 years. It was a 6th Gen Accord, don't remember what the iteration was within that Gen. Sad to see it go after all these years.

Hopefully I don't run into all the issues that others have reported with Rogue...engine shutting down, sunmoon roof rattle, divide and hide rattle.

I did not buy the SL package due to cost and numerous complaints of the Navigation system randomly booting or not turning on.
Hello,
Don't worry about problems, all brand cars have some or the other issues. But not all owners will have issues. I already see that Nissan 2014 Rouge is a hit. I see so many new Rouge's in my small town itself. I have Rouge from 6 months now and haven't had any issue so far. (GOD Forbid :nono: )Got first service done as well.

You'll enjoy it for sure. Best of luck.

nitin_hamir

AmandaK wrote:Hi,

I'm about one day away from possibly purchasing a Rogue with an SV Family Premium Package. Money is a concern for me but I want to get the best little SUV possible and from my research I feel that the Rogue ranks highest because of mileage, safety, etc. All the dealers I spoke to claimed that the SV Premium Family Package is difficult to get, especially in the colors I preferred. My favorite was the blue but I might be going for the gray since I can't find the blue. Anyway, the best offer I could find for this was $27,250. I think this is under MSRP but not under invoice. Would I be paying way too much for this car? What did some of you get?

Thanks!

Amanda
I think 27,250 is ok but slightly on higher side. I think 26,500 or less would be great. They'll budge if you continue to harp. Try.
Mine is SL with all optional packages so can't compare.

Best of Luck !!

n0s_speed
Car: 2015 Nissan Altima SV
2015 Nissan Rogue S
2013 Nissan Versa

Hi New member here....bought a ps4 and traded in my 2005 Acura RSX-S for the 2015 Cayenne Red Nissan Rogue S for my birthday nearly 2 weeks ago.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome: to all the noobs!

nobodyhasthisname2
Car: 2015 Rogue SL w/Premium package

Hello all,

I brought home my 2015 Rogue SL with premium package on Monday night. I love it so far...the "around view" monitors are amazing and I am killing it at parking :)

My only issue is the heated seats, they barely feel warm when I have them on the high setting. I previously drove a mini cooper and it was the opposite, more than a couple of minutes on the high setting and you'd have 3rd degree burns. I'm not sure if just warm heated seats is the norm for these vehicles.

I love that it will read my texts out loud for me, but I wish there was a way to activate siri without having to touch my phone. I've tried holding down the steering wheel voice buttons without success.

Either way, I'm just happy to have a car with bluetooth and some serious room for my 110lb dog. The mini was a bit tight when we were all loaded up.

nitin_hamir

nobodyhasthisname2 wrote:Hello all,

I brought home my 2015 Rogue SL with premium package on Monday night. I love it so far...the "around view" monitors are amazing and I am killing it at parking :)

My only issue is the heated seats, they barely feel warm when I have them on the high setting. I previously drove a mini cooper and it was the opposite, more than a couple of minutes on the high setting and you'd have 3rd degree burns. I'm not sure if just warm heated seats is the norm for these vehicles.

I love that it will read my texts out loud for me, but I wish there was a way to activate siri without having to touch my phone. I've tried holding down the steering wheel voice buttons without success.

Either way, I'm just happy to have a car with bluetooth and some serious room for my 110lb dog. The mini was a bit tight when we were all loaded up.

In my 2014 rouge(non select) , my seats do get HOT on high setting after a while. I have to either switch to low or off. Did you just test in parking or while driving as well? I am sure they'll get more warmer when you drive around.

In between, Congrats :mike

nitin_hamir

Question

Does anybody have the "moonroof wind deflector" installed on top of the car? Please share if it reduces noise.
I have moonroof and on speeds above 50, it becomes difficult to hear co-passengers and noise is lot. Let me know if deflector will be good in speeds of 65MPH or so?

sckeith
Car: 2017 Versa Note SL, Red

Hi All

After trading in a 2013 Juke we got a new Rogue SL AWD. We also had an 08 Rogue but wanted to try the Juke. We're looking to getting back into the Rogue and we're picking it up in 2 days

nobodyhasthisname2
Car: 2015 Rogue SL w/Premium package

nitin_hamir wrote:
nobodyhasthisname2 wrote:Hello all,

In my 2014 rouge(non select) , my seats do get HOT on high setting after a while. I have to either switch to low or off. Did you just test in parking or while driving as well? I am sure they'll get more warmer when you drive around.

In between, Congrats :mike
It almost seems like the heated seats cycle. I have already driven it about 1000kms and when I have the seats on, they haven't gotten to a point where I have to turn them off....they just get nice and toasty and then seem to cool off for a while. Its not the end of the world at all, if that's all I have to complain about then I think I'm doing pretty good :)

Domkitty

[quote="Domkitty"]Bought a 2014 Nissan Rogue SL in April 2014. Worked great so far until today. Cruising on the highway at about 116 kilometers/hour (using cruise control), the engine suddenly lost power and we had to pull to a stop on the highway. The engine will not start again. It has now been towed to a Nissan dealership. For a car that is less than 6 months old and with about 8,000 kms on it (it has not even had its first oil change yet), this seem rather strange. Is there anyone out there who has experienced a similar issue ?

Dom.

UPDATE
Nissan repaired the SUV and said the engine failure was due to a failure of the the fuel pump.

However this morning, the infotainment stopped working. No radio, GPS, telephone, etc. Nissan dealership said they've heard of this before. Infotainment started working again tonight. One more of this and the Rogue will be history.

rajthejaswi
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hello everyone,

Bought a 2015 Rogue SL AWD with Premium Package 2 weeks ago. Overall loving it so far.
- All round view is great, I agree with nitin_hamir, I look forward to parking these days, including parallel parking.
- The usage of various tones for alerts is so much better than my old-GPS speaking to me like a school-teacher. Takes only a couple of drives to get used to the various beeps, and it can be turned off too. I think I am becoming a better/safer driver.
- Blind-spot & Moving object alerts are something to die for, I wonder why auto-braking was not considered as a standard/package.
- Speed-based wipers and sound-system volume adjustments: what a joy!

Some things are a bit annoying:
- Doors have the intelligence to auto-lock once you start driving, but don't unlock when you stop and park. They unlock when you turn the engine off, but it's annoying when you are dropping off someone.
- NASA engineered seats are not very comfortable for the passenger side. They cannot be raised, they are a bit too stiff and cause the passenger to slide out over time, the headrest sticks out too much and causes some neck fatigue in long drives.
- Really wish that some things were always included in the driver's digital mini-display, like fuel balance, and current speed limit in the navigation.

Hope to get lots of tips/tricks from all of you, and share the ones I come across as well.

trb
Car: 2014 Cayenne Red Rogue SV

New member here! We purchased our daughter a red/almond 2014 Rogue SV for her 20th birthday last July. The purchase was necessary since she totaled my car a few weeks earlier! :frown: Not her fault, as she was stopped at a light and was rear ended by a Murano, of all things. With her still in college and then med school, we decided she needed a dependable new car. She made the decision on what she wanted herself, and then I found exactly what she wanted at the best price. Ended up driving from Houston to San Antonio to get the exact car for a good price under TrueCar of 9% off MSRP. The salesman gave me their best price right off the bat so we would drive to get it from him. :bigthumb: Fun 4th of July road trip!

So far, she loves it. I haven't really driven it much, (5 miles?) but it does ride better than my wife's Equinox LTZ from the rear seat. Zero issues after about 2K miles. Hopefully it will continue to serve her well.

DaveW
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue
2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

Hi everyone! A deer hit my moms 2008 Altima sedan ended up totaling it (Mom is ok, no injuries). She ended up wanting my 2008 Altima Coupe so I got to choose a red/almond 2015 Rogue SL premium package. I've had the Rogue for about a month now, finally getting use to it. I've enjoyed it thus far. The all around camera is very useful!

kaochihhao
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/Premium Package

I bought a 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/Premium Package in Pearl White exterior and Charcoal interior. So far, I have been impressed with the exterior looks and interior design. The tech functions are pretty awesome and easy to use. The only down-side I have against the rogue is the lack of power, but I do have it in ECO mode (Comes in 2015 models) most of the time to save gas. On 40 Highway/60 Local driving I am getting around 25.4 mpg. If I used the normal driving mode, I would probably be getting around 23 mpg. Overall, the new rogue is nice. It is like having a slow Infiniti. One more note, Nissan is charging extra $395 for pearl white paint... I still feel something is fishy about that.

rajesh6485
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue Select S

I bought a new 2014 Rogue Select S with convenience package. Brochure says 6 Bose speakers, I located 5 speakers, 2 in front door, 2 in rear and 1 on the dash, but couldn't locate the 6th. Does anyone know where it is located?

Thanks,

AlK
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

We replaced our 2003 Nissan Maxima with a 2014 Nissan Rogue SV. Hopefully it will last as long as the Maxima.

whizkidtn
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL (AWD), Premium package

Hello All,

In August 2014, we purchased a new 2014 Rogue SL (AWD) with all the goodies we could muster to replace a 2003 Honda Odyssey minivan (158K before tranny died) as the wife's new ride. I must say that this SUV is very nice and easy to drive. I'm happy with most everything and nitpick some things, but overall I'm pleased .

Best MPG thus far (on E10, 87 octane gas) has been 30.25 MPG highway over a 700 mile trip and mostly ~23 MPG for daily/city driving (which is low IMHO ). I'm also now running Mobil M1 0W-30 oil.

oldengineer
Car: 2015 Rogue SV AWD

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a new Gun Metallic SV AWD w/Premium Pkg last month. So far we love it. I looked at all of the small SUVs and decided that it was the best compromise of features and cost that I wanted. I originally rejected it because of the 1000 lb tow limit but finally went with it and had the dealer install the factory hitch as part of the deal. It's my third Nissan, having previously owned a '74 610 wagon and an '83 280ZX.

I like the cruise control, especially the ability to increment the speed up and down and the fact that selected speed shows in the display. The nav system has been OK and I was pleasantly surprised when it directed me through a short cut near York, PA that other GPS units I've used have missed.

My only problem so far, and it's hardly noticeable, is that I feel a tingle in the steering wheel at about 45 mph. It doesn't feel like an alignment or balance thing but rather like the transmission may be hunting for an operating point. The range of occurrence is also very limited - it only happens at that one specific speed.

So far, so good.

Lori_Z
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Super Black

I finally traded in the love of my life, a 2005 Nissan Xterra for a 2014 Rogue SL AWD with all of the extras! I wasn't sure if I would like a black interior, but I LOVE it! The drive is great, and I am very impressed with the camera views.

Return to “Rogue Forum”