2nd GEN NISSAN ROGUE MEMBERS = POST YOUR INTRO

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
khen
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL

Hello fellow 2014 Rogue owners

I picked up my SL 2 weeks ago. Upgaded from a 2010 SL AWD. I absolutely love the car except for one thing...poor MPG! :nono:
According to the integrated display... im only managing 23 MPG in a 65/35 - Highway/City mix. These figures are purely based on what the car is telling me though...... Planning on tracking actual miles vs fuel up to confirm they're accurate.
Also hoping that it'll improve slightly over the next few months or so. Anyone else disappointed in their MPG results?

Would love feedback from other 2014 AWD Rogue drivers.

Other than this... the car is fantastic.

K

JB'sTitanXD
Car: 2017 Titan XD Cummins

iam happy with anything over 14 MPG since i came out of a lifted Nissan Frontier with 33s. I am averaging around 26 MPG 90% city at 35-45 mph

HEK
Car: 2014 Rogue SL
2013 370 Z

Hi kids, I own a 2013 Z and just recently wifey bought a 2014 Rogue SL, loving both cars, joining this site as I find it being a great source of "stuff" :yesnod

HEK aka Hector

AnthemGems
Car: 2014 Nissan Rouge SL Gun Metal Charcoal Interior

comfy wrote:I just joined this forum. I don't own a Nissan but I'm looking to buy a Rogue.
Can anyone confirm whether Rogue has height adjustment on the seats. (not asking about the front/ back movement or incline of the back rest). Thanks.

The powered driver seat has that

V4KISH
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL (White)

Hello , I am the owner of 2014 Nissan Rogue SL premium package (White)

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post my experiences with my new car

My car has run 3900 miles and i recently encountered a big jerking problem driving at 20-40 miles /hr. Had to deaccelerate and let the car run for a few distance until the jerk stopped . Am facing this problem for the last one week and was lucky to be a flat road whenever i had this issue. Could have been worst if it was steep roads.

Few instances i have also noticed issues like navigation system rebooting itself during driving and air bags symbol ON even though both the front seat belts were buckled up / Steering Audio controls (Forward/backward) doesn't function all the time.

Has anybody faced these issues before ? please let me know your thoughts

nitin_hamir
Car: Rouge 2014

V4KISH wrote:Hello , I am the owner of 2014 Nissan Rogue SL premium package (White)

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post my experiences with my new car

My car has run 3900 miles and i recently encountered a big jerking problem driving at 20-40 miles /hr. Had to deaccelerate and let the car run for a few distance until the jerk stopped . Am facing this problem for the last one week and was lucky to be a flat road whenever i had this issue. Could have been worst if it was steep roads.

Few instances i have also noticed issues like navigation system rebooting itself during driving and air bags symbol ON even though both the front seat belts were buckled up / Steering Audio controls (Forward/backward) doesn't function all the time.

Has anybody faced these issues before ? please let me know your thoughts

I too have 2014 SL Premium. I have 3000 miles on car now. I only experience problem with Navigation 3 times. 2 times it rebooted on it's own. 3rd time was really strange. I started car and it didn't start and screen stayed dark, I pressed several buttons but no response. I was going short distance only , so when I stopped and started again , it started fine and has been fine since then.
Several other people also have reported Navigation reboots, it does seems to affect many.

I am surpirsed that navigation has been used from years now in cars and it should not experience such basic issues.

nitin_hamir
Car: Rouge 2014

khen wrote:Hello fellow 2014 Rogue owners

I picked up my SL 2 weeks ago. Upgaded from a 2010 SL AWD. I absolutely love the car except for one thing...poor MPG! :nono:
According to the integrated display... im only managing 23 MPG in a 65/35 - Highway/City mix. These figures are purely based on what the car is telling me though...... Planning on tracking actual miles vs fuel up to confirm they're accurate.
Also hoping that it'll improve slightly over the next few months or so. Anyone else disappointed in their MPG results?

K
Average MPG has been 23-25 for me as well but otherwise it reports 33MPG on Highway and 27-29 on Local roads.
I think you should track actual miles and fuel you fill, thats best.

ivan_2001ve
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014
Nissan Altima 2010

I have 4,500 Miles on mine, my average MPG's are 26-27 city driving. However my highway MPG are kinda low for what i expected. If i drive 70-75 mph which is the speed limit here in Texas i can manage to make 29 mpg. If i drive 80 to 85 my MPG's drop to something around 24 to 26 best case if the road is flat (Houston and Gulf Coast area). The only time that i could make 34 MPG was on my way to work (CITY NO TRAFFIC). Let's see how it goes on a road trip that i have in two weeks to Orlando Fl, I will try to document every tank millage and MPG.

What i really miss compared with my 2010 altima is the 20 gallon fuel tank, If i knew that the gas tank was so small on the rogue probably i would have bought another Altima, even though that the cargo functionality of the rogue is way beyond of the Altima. My altima with 100K still makes 27-28 MPG on highway, enough to drive 500 milles before requiring a refuel, with the rogue i have to refuel it every 350 miles only one time i could make 380 miles and because i knew for sure that there was a gas station nearby. The low fuel warning is another thing that i think goes off late only when you have 30 to 40 miles of range and based on computer calculations. I have filled up the tank when the warning goes off and i can tell that there is only 1 1/2 to 2 gallons left on the tank when the low fuel warning goes off and i tend to fill up the tank to it maximum capacity so i wouldn't trust on the trip computer those 40 miles could be 20 on reality depending on your driving habits and road conditions.

The rest i really love the car, some improvements for the next year +10 HP, 182 like the altima, and a bigger gas tank.

reobarb
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

Had the same issue with NAV rebooting frequently the first couple months - dealer installed a firmware update to correct and seems to have worked, though I've got other problems where the Bluetooth has no volume - can't hear a caller without the volume at max! New radio to be installed.
Surprised no one has complained of undercarriage noise from service panels in front wheel-wells while traveling @ highway speeds (starts above 60mph). Dealer has yet to fix it!
Gas mileage - Bought the car early March in New England - started out ave'g 24mpg first month, now average 29mpg no real city driving but around town (30-45mph) and highway (65-80mph).

Lifted2Lowered
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD
2014 gmc sierra all terrain package
2011 ford raptor (SOLD)
2008 chevy silverado cc lifted

Hi guys the wife purchased a 2014 sl awd superblack on charcoal black with premium package in feb before our newborn came since she was founding it hard to get in and out of our ford raptor so we ended up trading it in on the new rouge and i got to say so far im loving it. she has been at me for the last little while to start doing up the car so i figuered it was a good time to join.

rogue-aine
Car: 2014 Rogue SV. Gun Metallic, 3M clear bra, chrome bumper cover & roof rack cross rails...pretty stock

New 2014 SV owner here. I was on the fence about getting a new forester or new rogue. The forester is a great product, but it lacked the technology I was looking for. I can look at a more expensive forester model to get the tech i wanted but I was looking at an extra $3000 just to get the same tech as in the rogue overall, I'm extremely happy. I love Nissan (2 maximas, 2 altimas and thus far one rogue)

hsunnar
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV- Family Tech Package

Hi Folks,

I am very excited as I will be the new owner of 2014 Nissan Rogue - Family Tech package, in two days. I was wondering if there is a need to buy an extended warranty on it. I was quoted $1650 plus tax for 5 years comprehensive (gold package, I guess) upto 100,000 km on it. Also, $850 for paint protection for 10 years.

I live it Ontario, Canada, would appreciate if someone has recently bought warranty on Rogue and would like to share their thoughts and quotes they got.

Cheers!

Tenderlointips

Picked up a 2014 SL AWD two weeks ago and had already put >1k miles in 4 days. Getting 31.5 MPG with the AC cranked.

uduman
Car: 2014 Rogue S
1990 300ZX TT

AnthemGems wrote:
comfy wrote:I just joined this forum. I don't own a Nissan but I'm looking to buy a Rogue.
Can anyone confirm whether Rogue has height adjustment on the seats. (not asking about the front/ back movement or incline of the back rest). Thanks.

The powered driver seat has that
Not correct Anthem...The non power seat has a lever that can adjust the height. At least the driver seat does, not sure about the passenger, though.

uduman
1990 300ZX TT

khen wrote:Hello fellow 2014 Rogue owners

K
Khen, it is extremely unlikely anybody would achieve the published fuel mileage (for any make). The way they test is nowhere near how we drive in real conditions. You will notice whenever those stats are given, there is fine print that reads "Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions - use for comparison only."

In Canada, they changed the standards for how they test and report fuel mileage numbers beginning with 2015 models. The new methods are expected to show 10-15% less economy than the old way.
http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/efficienc ... uying/7491

uduman
1990 300ZX TT

hsunnar wrote:Hi Folks,

I am very excited as I will be the new owner of 2014 Nissan Rogue - Family Tech package, in two days. I was wondering if there is a need to buy an extended warranty on it. I was quoted $1650 plus tax for 5 years comprehensive (gold package, I guess) upto 100,000 km on it. Also, $850 for paint protection for 10 years.

I live it Ontario, Canada, would appreciate if someone has recently bought warranty on Rogue and would like to share their thoughts and quotes they got.

Cheers!
Hi hsunnar, I'm in Ontario too and will be picking mine up tomorrow evening. Just say "No" to all that stuff. It's pure profit for the dealer. Does it make sense to pay THEM to warranty their own car? BTW, while the comp is only 3/60,000km, the power-train warranty is 5yr/100,000km, some parts of emissions are 8yr/130,000km, Corrosion Perforation is 5yr/unlimited km, etc. So you're not getting much more for that $1,865.

Hi all,

Just picked up a new 2014 Nissan Rogue SL with the Tech Package - Midnight Jade with Black Leather interior.

I traded in my 2006 Frontier Crew Cab SL.

I loved my truck but not the Gas Mileage!

It only has 25 kms. on it so no comment yet on anything, just trying to figure out how everything works right now!

Cheers,

dgms240
Car: '90 s13 hatch ka24det

edogyip wrote:
Ontario Driver wrote:Hello. This is my first posting. We purchased a 2014 Rogue SV in January and like it - except that the heater/AC are not working properly. With the thermostat turned to cold, on an intermittent basis we get either partial or full heat regardless of whether the AC is turned on. On the highway, we have to select the recirculating air button, but on cool days the windows fog up. Have been driving around with the windows open. Dealer says it doesn't know what the problem is. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks.
You may want to call Nissan of McKinney (TX) as they fixed my 2014 Rogue with AC problems. It would cycle on and off at random, and then it would only blow cool air once in a while. It took them 2 weeks, but they finally got me fixed up.

Edit: Saw you got it worked out. Nice to have AC in the summer in a new car huh? :)
Did they tell you what was causing the ac to cycle? My wife's rogue is doing this. It has the correct charge of refrigerant and it passed a leak test. Thanks.

hsunnar
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV- Family Tech Package

Hi hsunnar, I'm in Ontario too and will be picking mine up tomorrow evening. Just say "No" to all that stuff. It's pure profit for the dealer. Does it make sense to pay THEM to warranty their own car? BTW, while the comp is only 3/60,000km, the power-train warranty is 5yr/100,000km, some parts of emissions are 8yr/130,000km, Corrosion Perforation is 5yr/unlimited km, etc. So you're not getting much more for that $1,865.[/quote]

Hello,

I was with the Finance Manager and after an hour of talking, I was convinced that It's worth to buy an extended warranty. I bought platinum membership, covered by Nissan Canada for 5 yrs/ 100,000 kms, bumper to bumper.

There might not be any issues with tanny or engine, but 2014 Rogue is equipped with many gadgets/ electronics that can fail over the span on 5 years. I simply didn't want to take any chances on that and this will give me piece of mind for coming 5 years :dblthumb:

garyg7h8

We became first time Nissan owners following a search for a vehicle suitable for our retirement needs. We had nearly agreed that desired options and safety features were steering us toward the GMC Terrain Denali when we spotted a new Rogue across the way (yes, it was a mega dealer). It was a loaded SL AWD that we test drove and now own. After two months and three thousand miles, we can sum it up as zero defects, comfortable ride and fun to drive. However, there is one more hurdle to achieve total satisfaction and that is an upstate NY winter. And that leads me to my question. I prefer to have a set of mounted snow tires, including tire pressure monitors (TPMs), for the winter. There does not seem to be much info on 2014 Rogue specs. I want to know the specs on wheels for winter tires. The tires on the car are 225/60-18. And, I have not been able to find the protocol for introducing new TPMs. For example, on the GM car the Rogue replaced, it took about 2 minutes to "introduce" the new TPMs when I changed to either summer or winter tires. I will appreciate any assistance other Rogue owners may offer. Thanks. garyg

momo86
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD + Premium Package

Hello!

Looking for some opinions! I just traded in my 2003 Murano SL (which I loved) for a 2014 new Rogue SV AWD with premium package, floor mats, cargo cover and bumper plate in white with charcoal interior.

I got them to go down to $24500 on the car and give me what car max offered me for my trade in which I thought was good.

But then they forced my to buy the VIN etching (said it was already done and no way around it, they were literally going to let me walk) and I got the warranty which is $0 deductible for 72000 miles for an extra $900.

Did anyone else get forced into the etching? Do you guy think this was a fair purchase price?

Thank You vey much for your help! I am hoping I like it as much as I liked my murano, but am disappointed to hear people aren't getting the gas mileage that is advertised! Also hoping the navi is issue-free for me!

evapisces
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hello everyone!

I brought home my Graphite Blue 2014 Rogue SL Premium about a month ago, and I absolutely love it! I traded in my silver 2012 Rogue, which I also loved. Im a real sucker for anything techie, so I was excited to see all of the new tech in the 2014.

I'm looking forward to all of the fun adventures to be had in my new Rogue :biggrin:

biodun
Car: Gun Metal Grey 2014 Nissan Rogue

Hello all,
I was almost all set to get a Mazda CX-5 when I found out about the third row seating on the Rogue. This prompted a bit of research that revealed better mileage and a much lower price for the same spec level.

Some of the reviews seemed to imply that only toddlers can seat in the third row but I was able to fit in after adjusting the driver's seat and the seat immediately behind for myself which sealed the deal. All the bells and whistles included didn't do any harm either.

I have previously owned Hondas and Toyotas but this is my first Nissan.

uduman
1990 300ZX TT

momo86 wrote:Hello!

But then they forced my to buy the VIN etching (said it was already done and no way around it, they were literally going to let me walk) and I got the warranty which is $0 deductible for 72000 miles for an extra $900.

Did anyone else get forced into the etching? Do you guy think this was a fair purchase price?
According to the OMVIC regs (Section 36(7) of the MVDA), if the dealer says it is a mandatory fee it must be included in the advertised price, otherwise they can't force you to pay it.
There's a conversation about it over here http://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php?topic=66176.0

And a link to OMVIC https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/DealersS ... ising.aspx

And the Act itself http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/e ... 0333_e.htm

EDIT: Sorry, my comments only apply to Ontario, Canada. I just realised you said "miles" and are probably in the U.S. Check with your local state/federal regulations...

210Select
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue Select S with convenience package

Morning everyone. Saturday my girlfriend and I purchased a 2014 Nissan Rogue Select S, which as I understand is the old Rogue under the Select heading due to increased sales, and there being a new model Rogue, which we did consider, but didn't need that much space. Mainly joined up so I can see what modifications have been and can be done. It's her vehicle, but I own a heavily modded Dodge Charger so I'm all about changing things up from the factory look. And now so is she. lol Hopefully I can gain some knowledge from you guys.

nismo75
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV Red with Sunroof package

Well we finally got our 2014 Rogue SV AWD, Sunroof package & Fogs :woot:

StevieGFTM

Got my 2014 Rogue SL with the premium package two weeks ago. Really loving it. I do have a slight rattle coming from the passenger side of the moon roof. My dealer is looking at it tomorrow. Hope it only needs a slight adjustment. Anyone else experiencing the same rattle!

Earthwateruser
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

We picked up our graphite blue 2014 SL AWD a couple of weeks ago and immediately enjoyed our new ride on a road trip from DC to NC and back. The Rogue was completely comfortable for the two of us and our large load of goodies for the family. It also performed well with a load of 5 adults when shuttling around the Charlotte area. Total trip avg. MPG was around 28.

LIKES: Quiet well controlled ride, comfortable heated seats, great stereo, good MPG, CVT, and the AroundView camera.

I'm coming to the Rogue from a 2009 Nissan cube that I gave to my daughter. It's nice to have the extra room and more refined ride that are provided by the Rogue. I've also long-since adapted my driving style to the CVT and while the CVT in the cube was actually pretty good, the one in the Rogue is MUCH better.

daltonvol
Car: 2014 Rogue SL (Premium Pkg)
Traded - 2013 Rogue SV (SL Package)
2011 Maxima S

StevieGFTM wrote:Got my 2014 Rogue SL with the premium package two weeks ago. Really loving it. I do have a slight rattle coming from the passenger side of the moon roof. My dealer is looking at it tomorrow. Hope it only needs a slight adjustment. Anyone else experiencing the same rattle!
I have/had that, too. Seemed like it was coming from the rear seat passenger side area. Haven't noticed it in a while, though.

rogue-aine
Car: 2014 Rogue SV. Gun Metallic, 3M clear bra, chrome bumper cover & roof rack cross rails...pretty stock

StevieGFTM wrote:Got my 2014 Rogue SL with the premium package two weeks ago. Really loving it. I do have a slight rattle coming from the passenger side of the moon roof. My dealer is looking at it tomorrow. Hope it only needs a slight adjustment. Anyone else experiencing the same rattle!
Just bought a 2014 SV. Dealership in Newmarket, ON threw in rugged floor mats (saves me from buying the Weather Tech ones), chrome bumper cover, 3M clear bra and roof rack cross rails. Other than that, she's pretty stock. Not too sure what mods will be done, but for now we are happy.

I too am having the moon roof rattle. It seems like it's coming from the fixed glass part of the roof and not the actual moon roof. I only hear it when it's a bit cooler outside, so I may wait until winter to see. Also, my passenger head light had fog inside of it after the first rain fall. It hasn't done it since and it's rained even worse. Going to leave it for now.

Return to “Rogue Forum”