2nd GEN NISSAN ROGUE MEMBERS = POST YOUR INTRO

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
comfy

I just joined this forum. I don't own a Nissan but I'm looking to buy a Rogue.
Can anyone confirm whether Rogue has height adjustment on the seats. (not asking about the front/ back movement or incline of the back rest). Thanks.

RyleyinSTL
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Pkg.

The 2014 power seats don't have true night adjustment.... The back of the seat bottom moves upward but the front does not.

mkudipudi
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

Hi, I just joined this forum. We bought 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD in Graphite Blue. We opted for family package as we have twin boys and a toddler. We love it. It came with wheel locks, chrome bumper guard, auto dimming mirror and splash guards.

I have installed Curt 2" tow hitch, Nissan tow wiring harness, Cross Bars, Nissan chrome License plate, 5 piece trunk carpet.

We love it so far. Getting great mielage. 31 MPG in the city and 33 on Highway. Our other car is a Prius. So, both my wife and I got used to feather touch on the gas pedal.

Love CVT, quiteness and legroom in the second row. Of course the MPGs also. The only thing I would love will be a shark fin antenna instead of a stick antenna sticking out. A big pain to put a cargo carrier on the roof by myself.

chitownben
Car: 2011 Maxima S
2014 Rogue SL

Hello Rogue family.

Just last week i traded my 2013 Nissan Pathfinder for a 2014 Rogue SL, Gunmetal.

6th Nissan and we already have a 2011 Maxima in the Stable (wifes car).

The Pathfinder was nice but it lost its truck appeal and became more mini van with a great engine.

The Rogue us awesome and i never considered one i actually was going to buy an Altima, but i gave the Rogue a shot. So far it is not disappointing i love the power, the tech features and the lines are very edgy. Im i a big guy 5'10' and a donut short of 300 and i fit just fine. Not as roomy as my PF but hey I'm saving gas and the bose system sounds amazing.

Now i can't wait till 2015 for the new Maxima so the wife can swap out.

Rogue Ron
Car: 2014 Rogue SV AWD

Took delivery of my new SV AWD Rogue in moonlight white with tan interior this week. So far in just over 100 miles I am seeing 29 mpg in mixed driving. Went to the Denver auto show last month with the idea of comparing all the small SUVs in one place. We narrowed our choices to 3. CRV, Rogue and Santa Fe Sport. The Santa Fe was eliminated after finding to get the sun roof we had to get every option and the awd mpg was lacking. We have been loyal Honda owners for 11 years owning CRVs and Pilots. The Rogue had so much more for the money that we made the switch to Nissan. My new Rogue is the same length as the Pilot it replaced, slightly less width and height and cargo rm. I have 3 dealers in a 10 mile radius and did all the pricing by email. In fact the Rogue I bought came in to one of the dealers and was internally traded to another dealer where I bought it for $1500 less than the first had offered. The details of my purchase. 2014 SV AWD w/ moonroof and premium packages and also factory added floor matts, splash guards, fog lamps, illuminated kick plates and rear bumper protector with shipping came to MSRP $30,080 I used a recent grad rebate of $600 to get the price of $26,389 plus D&H of $550 plus tax. I also got included a 7yr/100k mile power train and road side assist warranty. I think I got a great deal. Looking forward to joining this group and learning about others experiences with their new Rogues. If any one in Colorado wants more info on my dealer please contact me.

RS_Smoove

New member here. I wanted to post on this forum because I'm in the market for a new vehicle. I basically narrowed my choices down to the 2014 Rogue, 2015 Forester and the 2014 CR-V. What I like about the rogue is I can get most of their advanced safety features at a very reasonable price compared to others in this segment. Also the interior seems to be the best in the class and that's a plus for me. My concern right now is the frontal crash rating it received from the NHTSA. It got a total of 3 out of 5 stars. The drivers side received 3 out of 5 but the passenger received 2 out of 5. That's a little concerning especially because this will be our family car. I know it received the best possible score on the IIHS ratings so that's a plus. It's weird that it passed the small overlap front test on the IIHS which a lot of cars received a poor grade but it didn't get a good score on the front crash test from the NHTSA.

My question to the forum is did this not factor in to your decision for those that are planning or have bought the 2014 rogue since the test results were released? I'm I overreacting with the scores from the NHTSA? I know that most people base their decision on the IIHS rating because those tests are based more on real world accidents. Thoughts?

Also, just overall, what are your thoughts on the rogue? Thanks in advance!

F10inSD
Car: 2014 Rogue SV
Gun Metal/Charcoal

Hello team. New member here…

Just picked up a 2014 Rogue SV with Prem Package. It also had a few accessories: kick plates, cargo cover, splash guards, floor mats, chrome bumper protector.

I just took it to the dealer and had the home link mirror installed. I plan to get a few LED lights, tint the windows, and upgrade to Katzkins leather seats.

Just wanted to say hello.

Ontario Driver
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV

Hello. This is my first posting. We purchased a 2014 Rogue SV in January and like it - except that the heater/AC are not working properly. With the thermostat turned to cold, on an intermittent basis we get either partial or full heat regardless of whether the AC is turned on. On the highway, we have to select the recirculating air button, but on cool days the windows fog up. Have been driving around with the windows open. Dealer says it doesn't know what the problem is. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks.

nitin_hamir
Car: Rouge 2014

Thanks all for posting here.

Ontario Driver:
I have had my Rouge for 2 months now. I have so far used both heat and AC but haven't faced issue similar to what you are mentioning.

RS_Smoove :
I have two kids and I was too considering Forestor but since Rouge passed IIHS safety rating, I went ahead and bought it.
It's a nice car and safety is important aspect but truly I think, driving safe is best safety. You'll enjoy your new Rouge for sure as we are. Go ahead with your purchase , buy SL , I love 360 camera/front collision warning/ lane departure warning/ and what not. :)

Jasunf
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV

Hello everyone! Been a nissan fan for quite some time. Started with my first brand new Sentra back in 98. Then a 2000 Frontier when they redid the front end. Then got an 03 Xterra I had a long time. Briefly owned an F150 FX2 then got tired of 100 bux a fill up. Talked the wife into trading her Honda in for a Nissan Rogue. Then some years later she wanted an Infiniti so we traded my car in and got her an EX35. I then took over her Rogue as I grown to love that thing.

His and Hers below. Pretty much stock I upgraded wheels and tires on both. The rogue has a complete new sound system all the way through with a 10 inch kicker to add a bit of depth.

shalootm
Car: 2010 nissan rogue s

hi my name is mike i just purchased a 2010 rogue s today!!

3d1l
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Hi there!

From Puerto Rico. My father have a 2008 Nissan Rogue SL but he's not Internet savy so I will post for him :yesnod

rhconcepts
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue Select

My name is Rick and I just got a 2014 Rogue S Select. I had the dealer add a alarm/remote start and a sunroof. I hope to be adding some nice 18" rims soon after I do the seat covers and a few other things. I just got my 6.5s in all the doors and tweeters in the dash and that makes a big difference so far.

hawaiiguy
Car: Nissan Rogue 2011 SV Indigo Blue

I got 2011 Nissan Rogue SV Indigo Blue
Last edited by hawaiiguy on Tue May 27, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawaiiguy
Car: Nissan Rogue 2011 SV Indigo Blue

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Mods:

19 inch TSW Rims with RSA2 Tires
LED Side Mirror (NEWLY INSTALLED)
RED Caliper Cover
Shark's FIN Antenna
Weathertech Window Deflector
Blue LED Interior Lights (Connected to Door Trigger with Independent Switch)
Chrome Mesh Grille
Projector Headlights 6500k
HID Fog lights 6500k
LED Parking Lights 6000K
Strobe Reverse Light 5000k
Flashing Third Brake Light
PIAA Sports Horn
Hardwired GPS (NEWLY INSTALLED)
Kenwood DVD Stereo
Arm Rest DVD for KIDS

reobarb

Drove a 2014 Rogue SV AWD home early March as a "second" car to a 2011 Murano. It's got Premium Pkg, Fog Lights, Home Link rear view mirror, Splash Guards, & Floor Mats as options.
I'm real happy with the car handling, ride, MPG, & tech items. I've been driving it most of the time (will still use the Mo for long trips though) - but have had a couple issues.

The NAV system has shut down then rebooted by itself while traveling 3 times in 3k miles, dealer loaded a firmware update to clear that problem and it happened once again on the way back home from the patch install a few miles away. Guess they have to work further on the problem!

Another issue I have not seen on any forum is a "flapping" noise at high speed (60mph+) from the front inner wheel well fender panels - small panel on both right & left sides. Anyone had the same problem? Dealer says they have not heard a complaint from other owners and after a couple fasteners were re-installed(!), the panels are attached properly but the noise is still there. I taped the lower end of both to the car frame - the noise is gone. Don't know if my panels are exceptionally thin or what, but it looks so far like the dealer won't resolve the issue. (Velcro to the rescue!)

I'd be very interested to hear others with these (in my opinion fairly minor and should be easily resolved) issues.

Ontario Driver
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV

Ontario Driver wrote:Hello. This is my first posting. We purchased a 2014 Rogue SV in January and like it - except that the heater/AC are not working properly. With the thermostat turned to cold, on an intermittent basis we get either partial or full heat regardless of whether the AC is turned on. On the highway, we have to select the recirculating air button, but on cool days the windows fog up. Have been driving around with the windows open. Dealer says it doesn't know what the problem is. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks.
After three trips to the service department, the problem was fixed today. The HVAC control head was replaced. It feels great to have cool AC and the heating still works too. :)

jsanta0471
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL, Moonlight White, Almond Interior. Purchased 3/10/2014, Union City, GA

Have now owned my 2014 Rogue for almost 3 months. So far everything has been as expected. MPG range is 29-33.5 Only negative is the design of the windshield wiper cowling area. Wiper arms can not be raised fully, and if not careful will scratch paint on rear edge of hood.

Other vehicles considered were Subaru Forester, Mazda CX-5, Ford Escape.

Nammer403

Hello everyone I'm from Calgary Alberta! I picked up the 2014 Rouge SL fully loaded black with black leather. Love the car so far only been a week.. Came from driving 2006 MDX to this

MStantonLB
Car: Nissan Rogue SV 2014
Nissan Altima S 2014

Hi everyone, first time Nissan owner here, just brought home the 2014 Rogue SV with Premium Package in graphite blue with charcoal interior. I've been driving it for four days so far and I love it! Comfortable, smooth, great handling and I love the tech features. I just upgraded from a 2003 Corolla so it's like I just landed in the future!

My husband bought a 2014 Altima S on Saturday too, upgraded from a 2002 Toyota Echo, so he's really experiencing culture shock.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and we're both loving our cars so far!

edogyip
Car: 2014 Rogue
2014 Altima

Ontario Driver wrote:Hello. This is my first posting. We purchased a 2014 Rogue SV in January and like it - except that the heater/AC are not working properly. With the thermostat turned to cold, on an intermittent basis we get either partial or full heat regardless of whether the AC is turned on. On the highway, we have to select the recirculating air button, but on cool days the windows fog up. Have been driving around with the windows open. Dealer says it doesn't know what the problem is. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks.
You may want to call Nissan of McKinney (TX) as they fixed my 2014 Rogue with AC problems. It would cycle on and off at random, and then it would only blow cool air once in a while. It took them 2 weeks, but they finally got me fixed up.

Edit: Saw you got it worked out. Nice to have AC in the summer in a new car huh? :)

NYCH
Car: rogue

Hi, I am very interested in the Rogue and new here so not sure where to ask some of my questions.

I was thinking about the SL model but I am not the biggest fan of leather, how is the beige cloth? Does it stain easily, and is it durable?

Also is the Bose sound system worth getting or is the stock one decent to? Thanks!

mmrden

I got my 2014 Rogue SV AWD in Gun Metallic/Black Interior back in February. I previously had a 2011 Rogue SL AWD in Pearl White/Almond Interior. I loved it until last night when it died on me driving 70 mph on the highway during rush hour with a client in the car. It's sitting at the dealership as I type, waiting for a diagnosis. Hoping it's something easily fixable that isn't likely to reoccur. I also had issues with my previous Rogue, but they could never figure out what was going on and those issues precipitated my upgrade to a newer version sooner than I would have normally (I had accepted that the issues were that particular car. Now I'm not so sure...).

mmrden

NYCH wrote:Hi, I am very interested in the Rogue and new here so not sure where to ask some of my questions.

I was thinking about the SL model but I am not the biggest fan of leather, how is the beige cloth? Does it stain easily, and is it durable?

Also is the Bose sound system worth getting or is the stock one decent to? Thanks!
I currently have a 2014 Rogue SV (cloth interior w/ standard sound system), but previously had a 2011 Rogue SL (leather with Bose sound system). My current cloth interior is black, so I can't speak for the color, but I think it's very durable. I have a dog, and she rides in my car a lot. I don't think twice about her on the cloth. I didn't re-opt for the leather this time because I didn't like how cold leather is in the winter (I live in CO) and how long it takes for Nissan's heated seats to warm the leather up (I think they are sub-par seat heaters). I'm not sure if you could add additional after-market seat heaters to seats that already have heaters in them and didn't want to bother looking into it. Plus, I saved some $ on my monthly payment. That brings me to the sound system. Yes, the Bose system is nice, but the standard system is pretty decent, in my opinion. I'm in my car a lot, and I love my music, so I think I'm a pretty good judge here. :) In contrast, the Bose bass was so good in my old Rogue that my driver's side door and window rattled/hummed often which drove me absolutely nuts (as if Nissan didn't use *quite* good enough materials in the door to offset the Bose speakers). Just my $.02 here...

nitin_hamir

reobarb wrote:Drove a 2014 Rogue SV AWD home early March as a "second" car to a 2011 Murano. It's got Premium Pkg, Fog Lights, Home Link rear view mirror, Splash Guards, & Floor Mats as options.
I'm real happy with the car handling, ride, MPG, & tech items. I've been driving it most of the time (will still use the Mo for long trips though) - but have had a couple issues.

The NAV system has shut down then rebooted by itself while traveling 3 times in 3k miles, dealer loaded a firmware update to clear that problem and it happened once again on the way back home from the patch install a few miles away. Guess they have to work further on the problem!

Another issue I have not seen on any forum is a "flapping" noise at high speed (60mph+) from the front inner wheel well fender panels - small panel on both right & left sides. Anyone had the same problem? Dealer says they have not heard a complaint from other owners and after a couple fasteners were re-installed(!), the panels are attached properly but the noise is still there. I taped the lower end of both to the car frame - the noise is gone. Don't know if my panels are exceptionally thin or what, but it looks so far like the dealer won't resolve the issue. (Velcro to the rescue!)

I'd be very interested to hear others with these (in my opinion fairly minor and should be easily resolved) issues.

My 2014 Rouge SL fully loaded with all options is 2 months old now. I have not experienced the noise that you have mentioned 60MPH+ .

Yes, NAV system has rebooted two times on it's own but never while it's navigating us. Just on it's own. It came back up fine so no issues so far.

I really hate the NAV though, while car is running even passenger can't feed address it says you can't drive and operate. Also the navigation options are horrible compared to my Garmin GPS. I am not able to find things quickly. Not sure if everybody is facing that.

nitin_hamir

NYCH wrote:Hi, I am very interested in the Rogue and new here so not sure where to ask some of my questions.

I had an ALtima before and it's sound system was pretty decent. Frankly I was hoping Bose 8 speaker will blow me out but it hasn't . It's very good but will not blow you away.

So unless you are going in for SL version for other options, upgrading for Bose alone doesn't makes much sense.

I took SL becuase I wanted full Moon Roof and lane departure and front collission warning system. So far it has been very helpful.

nitin_hamir

Nammer403 wrote:Hello everyone I'm from Calgary Alberta! I picked up the 2014 Rouge SL fully loaded black with black leather. Love the car so far only been a week.. Came from driving 2006 MDX to this

Nammer,

MDX and RDX were something on my list before opting for Rouge. But after getting Rouge , I have not thought once about them.
Rouge will serve you great. I am pretty happy so far. No issues that are notesworthy.

MPG on highway is great. I have a best of 34.8MPG so far.

NYCH
Car: rogue

Thanks for the reply, no the only reason wasn't for the Bose but also for the leather, but i am really wondering if the beige cloth interior stains easily or if i should go for the leather. Thanks Again!!

deCabby

Just bought a 2014 Nissan Rogue a week ago. Was also looking at the CRV and Rav4, also checked out a Dodge Journey.

Came from a Lexus RX350, gas and other costs prompted the switch. Loving the new car.

Ed B.
Car: 2014 Moonlight White, Almond Interior SL Premium pkg +

Hello All,

We replaced wife's 2001 Avalon with 2014 Rogue. Moonlight white, almond int. SL, premium, illuminated kick plates. want to upgrade cargo area lighting and will start with cargo area sound deadening. other wise I like it. the ride is fairly smooth, front cabin pretty quiet (I still hear the cargo area road noise though).

Like: mileage,best, over 30 mpg (78 mph) on south Fla I-95 with the breeze behind us.. 24-27 mixed driving, 700 some miles.. 4 cameras, rear seat room and movement. cargo versatility, handles well, CVT Ok, doesn't jump down like a traditional. but no prob zipping onto the highway on the daily commute or rolling along at 80 mph.

don't like: bare sheet metal cargo floor and walls. no remote start option (for heat down here). Dimming mirror not included in premium pkg..

Will post more as project progresses..

Watching Miami Heat go down in flames... :'>[

Ed B.

Return to “Rogue Forum”