2JZ S13 Vert Build

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
BorHor
Car: 240sx Vert

CJRocker wrote:Out of interest, how are you gonna manage the change in weight distribution? I figure the 2JZ-G(T)E has to weigh a substantial amount more than the KA24DE, as I believe a KA24DE weighs similar to a Toyota 4Axx, which is a common "swap out" for these 2JZs (Even though I've only ever seen one completed) Granted the 240SX 'vert weighs a fair bit more than the Corolla, so that may help the balance a fair bit. Anyway, good luck (also, I'm amazed this has gone this far without the 2JZ swap/2JZ swap w/NAS picture)
At this time I am not too worried about the weight balance, I just want to get the swap done. After the car actually runs like I will look in the balancing the weight if there is an issue. And as for the 2jz joke thread pic.. this is a serious build thread with actual progress. I hope this thrad does not turn in to a joke.

CJRocker

I hope it doesn't turn into a joke either But if the KA24DE weighs about 370 based on one thread here, and some skimming of google found the 2JZ weighs somewhere between 550-600. So enough I'm really interested to see how you tune your suspension and balance the car. Also, any new pics?

KA-Te

sounds and looks pretty awesome so far! Good luck on your progress!!

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Holy Crap.. Kate's back! Nice to see you on the board again.

(sorry for the threadjack)

Phan
Car: 2004 350z Roadster ~ Pearl White
1993 300zx Conv. ~ Pearl White

sorry BorHor for going of topic, but could i ask a quick question?

what type of front bumper is that on your 240sx vert? it looks alot like this body kit but ur front bumper looks much nicer (the bumper light) and i was wondering where could i get one of those bumper? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...A1318

BorHor
Car: 240sx Vert

CJRocker wrote:I hope it doesn't turn into a joke either But if the KA24DE weighs about 370 based on one thread here, and some skimming of google found the 2JZ weighs somewhere between 550-600. So enough I'm really interested to see how you tune your suspension and balance the car. Also, any new pics?
I just got the mounting kit today and will have pics. Now the bad... I might be trading the Vert for a coupe. I figured since I am building a track car now I should get a car with a roof. But we will see if it happens.
Phan wrote:sorry BorHor for going of topic, but could i ask a quick question?

what type of front bumper is that on your 240sx vert? it looks alot like this body kit but ur front bumper looks much nicer (the bumper light) and i was wondering where could i get one of those bumper? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...A1318
It is a D-Max type 1 bumper. I got mine from VexMotorsports.

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

BorHor wrote: Now the bad... I might be trading the Vert for a coupe. I figured since I am building a track car now I should get a car with a roof.
If you're serious about racing it, you really are better off with a coupe. Better rigidity, less weight. Keep the vert though and rebuild the KA-S

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”