240sx to 350 sbc

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
Z28ricer
Car: Cars

jerryd87 wrote:it should fit fine the only difference for an oil pan in a 350(excluding the olds 350 diesel i know nothing about that engine) dint happen until 86 when they went to a 1 piece rear seal previous to that they where all two piece rear seals and used the same flange/bolt pattern. mayby he was thinking the oil pump wouldnt work? but those are pretty easy to find
79, 80, somewhere around there the oil dipstick changes sides, believe its 80-85 is different than 79' and prior.

Utschbd
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx

i'm just starting my 350 swap in my 240 this weekend, it should be really easy but im doing mine carb. instead of fuel injected, its a lot easier and you can make just as much power from it. But with the oil pan if you get the nova II pan you can just cut the bottom off of it and the bottom off the other one and make it work with either the 2 piece or the one piece, even if you cant weld just take it somewhere should only be about 50 bucks. And for anyone who has already done this swap... do you know if the 5 speed off a 350 will fit ( the shifter ) or will it be way to far back?

And heres another idea for someone to try.... they make a bellhousing adapter for a chevy 350 that bolts up to a toyota truck transmission which is a little smaller than a chevy one... and its not to bad in price.... toyota transmissions can hold up to a lot of power to.

Davidss
Car: Z06/S2K

You don't cut the oil pan at all, the off the shelf nova pan works perfectly. You do have to cut the crossmember.

You have to get a tranny from a camaro/transam (maybe vette?), you can't use the truck trannys as the shifter is too far off.

Using a tranny adapter is an interesting idea but it's probably not cost efficient as a borg warner T5 tranny is only a few hundred bucks. Are you wanting to use the adapter so you wouldn't need to make a tranny mouny? I can see potential problems in that because you would have almost zero flexibility on engine location.

ruckus-racing

pics? and does the front sump pan fit on like a lt-1

5.0_s14
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx with a 5.0 302ci swap.

i looked at hinson and yall are right they are waaayy to damn over priced and then found some other site that i cant think of and they were like 200 bux cheaper then henson or hinson (w/e). But after reading forums and surfin i found Mckinneymotersports.com. They got the mounts + trany mount for 450 and a already cut pan for ur sbc engine for 450. That seems like alot but if u dont really know to much about cutting ur crossmember or dont wanna mess with trying to find one or beating out the ole firewall. I would go with it.

540sx
Car: 240SX

nice way to bring a thread aback to life. haha.prior to you no one posted on this for over a year

5.0_s14
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx with a 5.0 302ci swap.

i noticed after i posted that the last person to post here did so a loooong time ago lol. But i figured if someone was looking for the same bit of info i might as well add my 2 cents.
Modified by 5.0_s14 at 9:57 PM 6/24/2009

Return to “Hybrids”