240sx automatic to manual transmission conversion s13 and s14

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
HasakiS14-5
Car: 06 G35 Coupe

Hello, l'm in the process of swapping a S14 auto into manual, i'm a bit worried about the transmission dust shield. Will the one from the auto work on the manual?!! if not does anyone have one for sale?! thanks.

frank2
Car: 1993 240sx convert

Anyone have a good auto laying about, we need one for 1993 240sx with OD cheap.

Grimreefer721
Car: 1991 240sx s13
*KA24DET

2014 Altima S

dosusx wrote:So if i find a mint s14 auto owned by a grandpa or grandma, this swap will make it exactly like a manual? its the same setup and parts how the manual is? it wont have any problems once i swap for a sr20 and new trans later?

Pretty much actually. I mean it might have some minor problems here and there but yea if you do everything right then yea

frank2
Car: 1993 240sx convert

We are "Grandma Grandma" with desperate need, on SS AKA no extra money at all, really really need 1993 240SX Convert auto transs.. any one out there have one that runs, sure could use it to get her car running by time she finishes major medical this summer. Would go long ways to help her recovery as first and only new car she ever had, now sitting for over a year. Anyone out there that can help ,greatly appreciated.

Car: 240sx s13 92
Honda Accord Xle coupe V6 2011
Toyota Corolla 98
Lexus is250 2009

Hello everyone,
Am new to this website and am glad that am here ,
I just bought recently a 240sx and the car seems like had a 5 speed swap before and I have problem, the car keeps drain the battery and the battery brand new just bought it 5 days ago cause I thought the battery is the problem but I was checking all the fuses today with multimeter and I found so far 2 short circuit,
1- the shift lock stay on when the ignition and the car off
2- car interior light stays on ,on the multimeter even if the switch off and the car turned off and read 12.13 DC so I think that's enough to drain the battery!!!!

Car: 240sx s13 92
Honda Accord Xle coupe V6 2011
Toyota Corolla 98
Lexus is250 2009

No one has this problem before ???!!!! Really guys !!!

krsh_tst_dmmiez
Car: Four 240SX coupes

nightkid86 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:56 pm
Supplement on removing a flywheel:

There are a few ways to get an automatic or manual flywheel on or off.

The easiest by far is to have an impact gun. A quick ziiiip and the flywheel is on the ground. If you don't have an impact gun the flywheel will spin as you try to take it off, you can attempt to brace the flywheel using screwdrivers and such, while holding the crank pulley with a 27mm socket.... or you can use this secret:

EASY WAY TO GET ON AND OFF A FLYWHEEL: upon doing a clutch swap a year or so after my 5 speed conversion, I ran into a really easy way to change the flywheel. Basically you get a new bolt (and possibly a nut since the a/t flywheel isn't threaded) that will fit into a hole on the flywheel (the hole not used to bolt to the crankshaft) and use a bellhousing bolt. Run a chain between the two bolts as shown in the diagram below. it doesn't matter if the chain is too long, the excess can just dangle. Put the chain on and then turn the flywheel to add tension to the chain. The chain will now keep the flywheel from spinning. This works great to hold the flywheel if you don't have an impact gun. Wrench away.

Man I saw a few ideas of how people take of their flywheels but I cant believe they dont use this technique. Get a transmission bolt and screw it into the block, usually better to use the side holes rather than the top ones, depending on what side you will be turning the engine, after that get a 12, 13, or 14 mm short socket and place it between the bolt and the flywheel (I like to think that the side of the socket that the bolts or nuts go in are better towards the flywheel teeth since it'll help with slippage issues and the 3/8 drive side will rest on the bolt). In other words the flywheel will bite into the socket and it'll get to a point where it can turn anymore and that will be your queue to loosen or tighten. I hope this is of some help to someone, I think it's a bit more practical if you dont have an impact.

5123aldo
Car: 1996 Nissan 240SX

Need som
Help with the wiring on my 96 240sx got the whole swap done just don’t know what wires I still
Need and don’t

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”