205 75/15 suggestions?

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
OrangeCat
Car: 1996 Mercury Villager

My '96 Villager uses 205 75R15 tires, since this is a rather unusual size, not many name brands make this size. My local stores carry GT Radial, and Kumho. Walmart also has those cheap Goodyear Viva 4 tires, but I don't like Goodyear since their quality is really unstable. What's the best tire for a van? I prefer good traction, ride quality and low road noise.

The GT Radials are $55 a piece, both the traction and temperature are A ratings, 540 treadwear.
Kumhos are around $90 a piece, grade A traction but grade B temperature, 600 treadwear
Hankooks need to be special ordered, $85 a piece, grade A in traction and temp, 680 treadwear, seems to be the best among them?

macgiver

If your in any "hot" climate (global freakin warming y'all ?) DO NOT GET B-temp rated.

Also there's GOT to be alternate sizes to consider , you can research for yourself like at Tirerack com.
I've got ' factory 15's ' on a car not worthy of up-sizing rims , and I feel for ya - they just are'nt making anything good in these old school sizes in like 75 , 65 , whatever profiles . Gotta get somethi'n good outside the box , just don't go too outside the box . Get several opinions too - never just listen to ME ! LOL

alexspeed
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano SL

I have checked the internet and have found out that there are a lot of other options aside from the tires that you've mentioned. General Grabber, Cooper Trendsetter, and Hankook Optimo offer the said size.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”