2022 nissan rogue SV subwoofer???

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Jacek2282
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue 1.5L Turbo

OK, so I noticed that there is a speaker box in my spare tire when I looked down there to see what the new car came with' and noticed that I have a subwoofer from the factory there (hard to call this a sub, but it's a speaker). I do not have a Bose system, my Rogue came with 6 speaker setup.

When I called Nissan about OEM amp for the speaker, they there is no listing for the amp, but it is showing a mounting bracket and a cover for an amp for my 2022 Rogue.

Can anyone confirm this on their 2021+ Rogues?? I have the SV trim.

Also you can see a white plug where the JACK is on the left of the cargo area, I am guessing this is an amplifier plug.

There is a part number on the box if anyone is interested I can snap a picture.
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix Link(s)

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

WD shows the 6-speaker still has a subwoofer even though it isn't Bose. The sub is driven by the Active Noise Control module underneath the driver's seat and not by the AV head unit.

Jacek2282
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue 1.5L Turbo

VStar650CL wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:51 am
WD shows the 6-speaker still has a subwoofer even though it isn't Bose. The sub is driven by the Active Noise Control module underneath the driver's seat and not by the AV head unit.
yeah I did see the Active Noise Control module which is located underneath the drivers seat.. I thought it was an amplifier at first.... but what about the plug that is visible behind where the jack is located, isn't that the plug that should be hooked up to an amplifier to drive this mini subwoofer? the plug is not hooked up to anything, and its coming from the mini subwoofer. strange?!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

What are the wire colors on it and number of pins? I'll look it up Wednesday when I'm at the shop. Posting a better pic would be helpful too, to identify the connector type. It might just be a joint connector, in which case it just gangs wires and doesn't mate with anything.

Centersell
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV

Jacek2282 wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:01 am
OK, so I noticed that there is a speaker box in my spare tire when I looked down there to see what the new car came with' and noticed that I have a subwoofer from the factory there (hard to call this a sub, but it's a speaker). I do not have a Bose system, my Rogue came with 6 speaker setup.

When I called Nissan about OEM amp for the speaker, they there is no listing for the amp, but it is showing a mounting bracket and a cover for an amp for my 2022 Rogue.

Can anyone confirm this on their 2021+ Rogues?? I have the SV trim.

Also you can see a white plug where the JACK is on the left of the cargo area, I am guessing this is an amplifier plug.

There is a part number on the box if anyone is interested I can snap a picture.
I too am intrigued by the inclusion of a subwoofer speaker. I listened to my system (SV with 6 speakers) and went back to the rear where the subwoofer was, but heard no sound coming from the enclosure.
Is there an amp (the Bose or otherwise) that comes from Nissan that would hook into this enclosure?
Also, I see the Bose system claims to have dual subs? Since this enclosure has 1 sub, different than the Bose, it would reason there is some purpose for this single sub??

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Centersell wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:13 pm
I too am intrigued by the inclusion of a subwoofer speaker. I listened to my system (SV with 6 speakers) and went back to the rear where the subwoofer was, but heard no sound coming from the enclosure.
Is there an amp (the Bose or otherwise) that comes from Nissan that would hook into this enclosure?
Also, I see the Bose system claims to have dual subs? Since this enclosure has 1 sub, different than the Bose, it would reason there is some purpose for this single sub??
Active noise cancellation for the non-Bose systems, as mentioned earlier. It has no interface to the main audio system and I doubt it's a true subwoofer, although it fits in the same hole.

Centersell
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV

So if I want to upgrade the stock system do I just avoid and bypass the active noise cancellation module? I was thinking getting the audio lc2i output converter and a 5 channel amplifier.

Would the noise cancelling module still work as originally if aftermarket equipment is installed?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Possibly. I'll have to look closer to see if it needs a CAN or LIN link to the AV in order to work properly. Bump this thread Wednesday morning when I'm at the shop, I'll look into it.

ajdly00
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue

was wondering if anyone knows how to disable ANC on this vehicle. tried installing a subwoofer to my 2022 and i have the same setup as this but whenever i turn off the car the subwoofer vibrates loudly. i suspected the anc system so i unplugged all the mics but that didn’t work.

PowerslavePA
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD w/Platinum

ajdly00 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 11:23 am
was wondering if anyone knows how to disable ANC on this vehicle. tried installing a subwoofer to my 2022 and i have the same setup as this but whenever i turn off the car the subwoofer vibrates loudly. i suspected the anc system so i unplugged all the mics but that didn’t work.
When you install a subwoofer in one of these vehicles, the ANC system hears the subwoofer's
output as being part of the engine/road noise it's supposed to cancel out. So, it emits an out
of phase bass signal to block the sub's output. When the ANC doesn't hear any bass, it stops
playing the out of phase signal, and the sub becomes audible again. Until the ANC kicks in
again, and on and on.

You cannot disable it. Nissan could program it out, not sure if they will, and it
would cost you.

Simply put;
#1: Physically disconnecting the microphones in a vehicle has become a popular way of
dealing with this issue, not necessarily because it’s the easiest but it’s the one that
works almost every time. The tricky part is making sure all the microphones are
disconnected. The most popular locations include the headliner (front and rear
of vehicle) and inside of the door panels (driver and passenger front doors).

#2: Disconnecting the signal wires at the factory radio, amplifier, or ANC module is a
guaranteed way to stop the system from interfering. Find where the microphone or
engine RPM signal wires are going, and connected in relation to the ANC system.
By interrupting these wires, you eliminate the possibility of the system damaging your
audio signal.

So, there you have it.

Return to “Rogue Forum”