2021 Platinum questions...

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
firebirdude
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum Blue/Black

NMD wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:56 pm
OK, since the thread is titled "2021 Platinum questions", I hope the mods will forgive me for chiming in. Does anyone know what the wattage is for the wireless charger? It's barely keeping up with my iPhone SE (2020) in bluetooth audio mode. I've done this experiment a couple of times, so I think it's pretty consistent. On an hour drive it charges my phone from 20% to about 43%. My previous 2019 SL would rock it all the way to over 90% in the same amount of time via the USB. The phone also gets hot AF. So, my guess would be about 5W, but I'd like to know for sure.

Also noticed the mirrors vibrating, driver side more, passenger side less. Will try to set them as described above. And the mirrors reverse-tilt down one at a time, unlike the 2nd gen., which is a hassle (I back into my garage next to my wife's car), I am at a loss why they would change it like that.
The nav sometimes does this weird thing when it would hiccup and then it shows on on the route but just that, all the guidance is gone save for the arrow pointing straight ahead. You may deviate from the route the map will show it but it won't recalculate. Or, when getting close to the destination and deviating from the route it will give you a recalculated route, but you have to confirm it while it is offered, and if not -- it will try to lead you the most convoluted rout imaginable, like why would I even go that way. It's pretty bizarre, but doesn't happen often.
And a final truly bizarre design decision is no home link, I took it up with the dealer and that opened a whole new can of worms...

But otherwise I love the car, it's such a step ahead even compared to the 2nd gen.
Not sure on the charger, but it keeps up with my wife's iPhone XR while doing carplay. Not fast, but adequate.

Haven't noticed any issues with our mirrors.

I've had countless issues with the audio/nav system. While I have seen worse from a factory head unit, this one isn't great. Display issues, complete lock ups, weird half locks while in Nav, you name it. One of if not the biggest issue I have with the car.

YES on the Homelink. We thought the same thing. So common I assumed it was standard. Pretty disappointed on that.

Also, the weatherstripping around both front doors leaks slightly. Not enough to actually drip in the cabin on the passenger, but it gets on the A-pillars. If it's just clear rain, not a huge issue. But if you're washing the car and your soap is colored, you get a faint stripe on your A-pillars. :mad:

cmartyn
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Firebirddude, those wet A pillars are due to the push pin clips that hold the faux roof rails on. They have a foam.washer.. Anyhow, they are a disaster. I'd get it fixed before mold starts.

firebirdude

cmartyn wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:47 pm
Firebirddude, those wet A pillars are due to the push pin clips that hold the faux roof rails on. They have a foam.washer.. Anyhow, they are a disaster. I'd get it fixed before mold starts.
Can you be more specific? I have the "rails", but no actual rack installed. There's just removeable panels, two on each side. See pics below.

https://ibb.co/0BR8V09
https://ibb.co/kgBtdz8

Are you saying the ENTIRE rail needs to come off (full length of the roof), so that the foam washer can be replaced/repaired? How did you find this out?

cmartyn

Yes, both rails. OfF. Then put new clips and silicone sealant and reinstall throw foam washers away. Full documentation for the procedure is up on the Nhtsa site. Its a pdf file. I have it but its too big to attach here. These are the details you can find it on the Nhtsa site.

NHTSA ID Number: 10204175

Manufacturer Communication Number: NTB21-097

Summary

WATER LEAK AT TOP FRONT CORNERS OF WINDSHIELD

IF YOU CONFIRM

A water leak is present at either top front corner of the windshield,

OR

Water stains are present on the headliner, or on one or both interior front pillar garnish.

ACTION

firebirdude

cmartyn wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:31 pm
Yes, both rails. OfF. Then put new clips and silicone sealant and reinstall throw foam washers away. Full documentation for the procedure is up on the Nhtsa site. Its a pdf file. I have it but its too big to attach here. These are the details you can find it on the Nhtsa site.

NHTSA ID Number: 10204175

Manufacturer Communication Number: NTB21-097

Summary

WATER LEAK AT TOP FRONT CORNERS OF WINDSHIELD

IF YOU CONFIRM

A water leak is present at either top front corner of the windshield,

OR

Water stains are present on the headliner, or on one or both interior front pillar garnish.

ACTION
THANK YOU!!!!!!! :dance :BnB:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/ ... 5-0001.pdf

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

firebirdude wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:08 pm
Can you be more specific? I have the "rails", but no actual rack installed. There's just removeable panels, two on each side.

Are you saying the ENTIRE rail needs to come off (full length of the roof), so that the foam washer can be replaced/repaired? How did you find this out?
Here's a link to the bulletin at NHTSA:

I haven't actually seen any of these, but judging by the bulletin, it appears to be a materials issue with the gaskets. The same setup is used on other models, so I don't think it's the basic design of the clips or seals. My guess is the subcontractor who manufactured the rails used an unsuitable foam type that's compressing and allowing seepage.

NMD
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum AWD
2011 Sentra SR
2022 VW Jetta SE (wife's car, please don't hate)

Thanks, firebirdude, I'll be watching out for the A-pillars, while we did have a few rains in the 3 weeks I've had the car, they were relatively light.
On the charger, yes it doesn't let the phone drain, so it works similar way as the USB in my '11 Sentra. I just have to rethink how I approach the charging issue, I used to let my phone nearly drain before jumping in the car and charge it up on the way to work. Now I just need to watch the battery level, it's a change, but not critical.
On the Nav, yes, sometimes it puzzles me, so if I don't find any patterns or workarounds, I'll see if I can escalate this with a dealer. My 2019 was acting out, too, until a firmware update. The best Nav I've had so far was in my 2012 SV. Yes the screen was small and grainy, there were the redundant buttons and the SD-card, but it was stable and never gave me any issues.

cmartyn

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:57 pm
firebirdude wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:08 pm
Can you be more specific? I have the "rails", but no actual rack installed. There's just removeable panels, two on each side.

Here's a link to the bulletin at NHTSA:

I haven't actually seen any of these, but judging by the bulletin, it appears to be a materials issue with the gaskets. The same setup is used on other models, so I don't think it's the basic design of the clips or seals. My guess is the subcontractor who manufactured the rails used an unsuitable foam type that's compressing and allowing seepage.
I have a pic of a guy who had no luck with the dealer so he diyd it and it looked like the clips compressed the foam washers to the point where they tore. Once that happened the clip wasn't maintaining pressure on them so the seal went away. The glue looks dodgy to me. You know how fast that crap sets up and clipping the rails on will create a lot of movement. I am so happy to be rid of my sunroof and roof rails. Seems like I will be less likely to be affected with just the plastic trim strips Some.people have been waiting for months to get new clips.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

cmartyn wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:50 am
Seems like I will be less likely to be affected with just the plastic trim strips Some.people have been waiting for months to get new clips.
Nothing that's on "intergalactic back-order" surprises me anymore. I'm sure there are tens of thousands of those clips floating in a container someplace off the west coast. Since it's pretty much a given that some of them will break while being removed, the only thing I can suggest in the interim is ugly but better than a flooded car -- once the dealer diagnoses it and orders the parts, pop the faux rails off and leave them off. RTV whatever is there and let the dealer peel it off when the parts get off the boat.

NMD
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum AWD
2011 Sentra SR
2022 VW Jetta SE (wife's car, please don't hate)

Looks like creating a user profile should solve the Nav issues. I realized on Friday afternoon (duh) that I've been using the car as a GUEST for the 3 weeks I've had it, created a user profile, s*** some bricks (cause it came up, you know, at factory settings, and I was on my way home from work), but I haven't had any Nav issues these past few days. And I've been deviating from routes, stopping mid-route etc. Flawless operation as far as I can tell.

Return to “Rogue Forum”