2017 Nissan Rogue CVT Lawsuit and Jerking Issues

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
@Jab011
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue Hybrid

Hi everyone, so I have a 2017 Nissan Rogue that has been jerking and shuddering for the last year but recently as I am now living in an area with much more stop and go traffic it has gotten a lot worse. I was planning on bringing it into a dealership to get it fixed but I wanted to investigate the cause of the issue before bringing it in and potentially getting ripped off for unnecessary repairs. When looking into this issue I noticed this is very common and appears to be related to the CVT transmission with several lawsuits already underway or settled trying to compensate owners to repair this issue.

I want to get this fixed before any serious damages occur, has anyone had this issue and know the proper actions to fix this? I have seen some posts saying they have brought their car to a few repair shops and nothing works to fix this issue.

Has anyone gotten any settlement money back for their repairs to the car? Attached below are two links to articles about the settlement and I have reached out to a few of the law firms asking for more information which I will update as I get feedback.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

https://lemonlawexperts.com/2022-nissan ... s%20claims.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2018 ... rsas.shtml

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Cvt jerking and shuddering has been discussed ad nauseam.

Try changing all the fluids, that USUALLY corrects the problems unless something drastic is going on, hence a lawsuit.

Had the same problem, but after I routinely change the oil, cvt fluid, transfer case, diff fluid. Got rid of the problem. I was late in the game, only started at 87k miles too. :naughty:

My original cvt has been smooth as butter, and going strong after 13 years.

But of course it could implode tomorrow.
:whistle:

@Jab011

Thank you for the reply. Since I purchased the car used I was not aware of the fluids changing maintenance that is commonly discussed on here. After looking into this more I also found this lawsuit which was more applicable to my situation: http://www.roguepathfinderqx60cvtsettlement.com/

After calling a local dealership with at least now being aware of what the problem is they have heard done this fix a couple times and will be looking at it tomorrow.

Thanks again.

KoiMaxx
Car: 2017 Rogue SL AWD

This might or might not be related -- so I've been experiencing some occasional jerkiness on my 2017 especially when lifting the throttle at low-gear high-load situations. I've already changed the fluid around 30kmile so I didn't think it was that.

It then occurred to me it might've been the battery since I'd already been having issues with it especially during the winter season. After changing it I've noticed the responsiveness has improved and the lurching when I lift the throttle seems to have diminished markedly.

Just thought to share since you also have a 2017 and this might be something you could look into.

@Jab011

My issue actually ended up being related to the Brake Booster Recall and not an issue with the CVT transmission. Currently just waiting for Nissan to send out a fix for the recall.

Return to “Rogue Forum”