2016 Versa Note SV squeak when raining

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
reddcurry
Car: 2016 Nissan Versa Note SV automatic

I've had this car for a month and am the first owner. I was driving 75km/hr in medium level rain and the passenger side door area emanated a squeak. It was consistent, every few seconds. It was med-high pitch, and sounded like something was loose and rubbing against something it shouldn't, but not destructively so. Sounds topical rather than mechanical. I wouldn't be surprised to have this squeak on an older car (just upgraded from a 2002 and had a 1988 before that so I know my old car squeaks) but very disappointed that it's on a car under 1000kms total.

It's happened every time I drive *in rain* and I haven't noticed a correlation with my speed as of yet.

I'm looking for either 1) help identifying this problem 2) confirmation that I can bring this to the dealer to get checked out (not sure if this is even possible to identify) and how to even explain and investigate the noise 3) has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks all.

gsf1200s
Car: 1993 J30 (no longer with us)
2012 Nissan Versa
2003 Chevy Silverado
2003 Suzuki Bandit
1971 Honda CB750k1

I would take it in on a rainy day and have one of the mechanics ride with you to hear it.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Perhaps it's the windshield wiper motor. Those are in the engine bay, but right by the firewall and your ventilation ports,so the sound would be from your dashboard. Try sitting in a quiet garage, no rain (obviously) and running the wipers with the glass cleaner spraying. After that, you could do the same for your heater and AC with different vents while listening. Then try your windows. If the wind speed was breaking the seal around the door and making a squeak like a balloon sound, then maybe you have something in the door jam that you can see, so you could check the whole perimeter for that.

Return to “Versa General Chat”