2015 Quest No Start No Run

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Bripbrap567
Car: 2016 Nissan Quest

I have a no start no fun on a 2015 Quest, 120K + miles owned since June 2019 driven 70K miles since buying. Started with a p0300 multi misfire code, then a p0302 cylinder #2 misfire code. The engine would idle rough some and also be hard to restart after running the same day. I did not address this problem and let it go until now I have a no start no run symptom. The situation is that the engine started and ran the same day as the failure at idle in the driveway. Couple of hours later I need to drive and the engine started and ran for a few seconds, died, and hasn’t restarted since that time.

I have done this so far. Inspected and found a crack in the fresh air boot between the air box and intake manifold. Replaced that and still have the same no start no run issue. Fuel pump will cycle, however, I have not found sufficient testing information to do a pressure test. I think the relay is working properly because the pump cycles. #2 spark plug is not pretty dirty but still fires. That should not have a complete no start no run symptom. I will get some ignition during start up sequence but no start no run.

I thought for sure the fuel pump would be the problem, now not sure. Can the fuel pump be bad and still cycle at the “on” key position?
I would think if I have some compression, some fuel, and some spark that the engine would start and run, even poorly, but run.

Anyone out there have any suggestions or have experienced this before.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Driving around with a persistent misfire, I hope you didn't melt a cat and suck in the debris. If you did, the engine is trash. Start with the basics, because you may have a catastrophe on your hands.

Bripbrap567
Car: 2016 Nissan Quest

Thanks VStar. Would there have been some happen first? Like loosing a couple of cylinders before no start no run?

New code p0113 air intake sensor high voltage still no start no run

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

P0113 is actually the IAT (intake air temp). If your complaint was crappy fuel mileage that could be the cause, but it can't cause a no-start. To answer your initial question, there's generally no warning when a cat disintegrates from overheating. One minute the vehicle runs, the next minute there's zero compression on an entire bank. The debris usually scores and sandpapers the sleeves and rings in a matter of a few dozen compression cycles. Since you were getting a #2 misfire along with the P0300, that bank would be the likely suspect. Cylinder #2 won't be hard to reach, it's the passenger side of the front bank. I'd do a quick compression test before spending time on anything else. Minimum stock compression is 142, if you find it way low then there's a good chance you inhaled the cat.

Return to “Quest Forum”