2014/2105 Rogue Navigation How to Update Firmware and get latest Maps

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
eschlegel
Car: ???

Will this trick work with my Rogue? I just got a used 2014 Rogue SL.
Software: B155
Hardware: 031
Thanks in advance.

azieba
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited

Eschlegel, according to page 3/11 of the Nissan TSB document in my first post, you are compatible with the upgrade.

eschlegel

azieba wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:26 am
Eschlegel, according to page 3/11 of the Nissan TSB document in my first post, you are compatible with the upgrade.
Thank you!

Jondar
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014 SL-AWD

I have a not-entirely related issue, although had hoped that an updated firmware would have helped. I have a Nissan 2014 Rogue SL-AWD. I have had difficulty with the radio/navigation system rebooting frequently but only when I am using the bluetooth. Originally was during podcast replay, but now has routinely happened when talking on the phone. I updated to the latest firmware without any difficulty (had read that the prior firmware could cause reboots) and the problem persists. I have run diagnostics from within the radio/navigation unit and everything checked out OK. It says that it the Bluetooth module was found as well. I have done separate searches and am led to believe that there may actually be a Bluetooth module that is located in the left side of the cargo area--although other posts suggest that it is part of the radio itself. Given that I have the 4 cameras that are also hooked up to this (front, side mirrors, rear) which feature is awesome, AND that a new unit costs ? $2500 or more, I hate to consider simply replacing the unit with something that would have functional Bluetooth.

I do have an extended warranty on the vehicle (for another 5 months and 16K miles) with a $100 deductible. On other forums, I have read about multiple people taking in their units for which a self-check was run and no error found... so I am apprehensive to take it in to simply have nothing found. I have tried several times to video the system rebooting, but of course it never happens when I try...

Has anyone ever heard of this? It only ever happens when the Bluetooth is in use. Is there really a separate Bluetooth module? I have seen replacements for approx. $30 on ebay that state they are a Bluetooth module that would work with a 2014 rogue.

I appreciate any insight/recommendations! If I should simply start a new thread with this please let me know that as well.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Okay, lets make sure we're on the same page. You've read through both of these threads and found nothing that helps.

Nissan Connect System Randomly Reboots on New 2018 Rogue

Nissan Connect Software Update - 0154

The firmware for your vehicle AND the phone are up-to-date?

Have you tried pairing another phone to the vehicle to see if the problem is still there? That being said, some people have found that completely deleting then re-adding their phone often solves their problem. Has this been tried?

If none of the above works and it still reboots with a second phone (you will need to establish that for a warranty repair), it's most likely that you've got a defective head unit. BTW, the Bluetooth module is not separate but built in.

tsumeone
Car: n/a

Rogue One wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:09 am
Okay, lets make sure we're on the same page. You've read through both of these threads and found nothing that helps.

(you will need to establish that for a warranty repair)
Neither of those threads appear to apply to a 2014 which has a different radio, and since they have a 2014 they probably aren't still in warranty either.
Jondar wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:22 pm
Is there really a separate Bluetooth module? I have seen replacements for approx. $30 on ebay that state they are a Bluetooth module that would work with a 2014 rogue.
I'm almost certain that's an error - the Rogue Select (identical to the 2013 and earlier Rogue) did have a separate module, but everything I can find shows that the Bluetooth on the 2014 Rogue is integrated into the stereo (otherwise you'd be able to find a separate module for the 2015 Rogue which uses the same stereo).

You can check the FSM here: https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/2014%20Rogue/AV.pdf - it states "Bluetooth® control is built into audio unit" and there is no mention or representation of a separate bluetooth module anywhere in the document.

You've got a few options.

One, you could try installing the D605 software for the Nissan QashQai. The European QashQai uses the same LCN2_Kai Nissan Connect unit as the 2014-2015 Rogue, and the software is universal for both regions as well. I don't know if I'm allowed to link it here, but just google the D605 qashqai forums and find the mega link in the firmware update thread. That version is a year or two newer than the latest D407 available in the US, and when I updated mine it did increment one of the values shown for the bluetooth firmware version in the software information page by 1. I am running this software on my US Rogue and it is identical to the US software, except that it does not experience nearly as many Bluetooth disconnections/dropouts as I was having before (though I never had the reboots you describe). Just make sure you perform a factory reset after updating.

Two, you could replace the radio with another of the same model. I have seen them on eBay for a couple hundred dollars.

Three, you could replace it with an android headunit. Dasaita makes some that are designed to factory fit the rogue, including adapters so that you don't have to mess with too much of the factory wiring.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

tsumeone wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:28 am
Rogue One wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:09 am

(you will need to establish that for a warranty repair)
Neither of those threads appear to apply to a 2014 which has a different radio, and since they have a 2014 they probably aren't still in warranty either.
Don't be too hasty to dismiss suggestions based on narrow criteria. You'd be surprised at how often a solution to a problem could be found in a completely different model (like Sentra for example), or even a competing brand.

Jondar

I appreciate the responses.

Both the head unit as well as the obsessive are updated. I must admit that although I did the update, it rebooted itself. I did not then do a factory reset-- which I will do first.

I'll try a second device as well.

Although I wouldn't mind putting in an android unit, wouldn't I then lose the camera systems? It has 4 cameras which have to be incorporated in to the unit somehow I would assume.

I'll try the suggestions, thank you!

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

There's already a thread about replacing the head unit with a Chinese one that retains all 4 cameras. I'm not aware or any name brand manufacturer that's come out with one, yet.

Jondar

Thought I would be able to figure out how to di a factory reset. Not one of the options when in setup, diagnostics, etc. No setting to clear the sram or whatever memory. Is there an actual "tool" for this?

tsumeone
Car: n/a

Jondar wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 am
Thought I would be able to figure out how to di a factory reset. Not one of the options when in setup, diagnostics, etc. No setting to clear the sram or whatever memory. Is there an actual "tool" for this?
Apps Button -> Settings -> System -> Return to Factory Settings/Clear Memory

chrisinboston
Car: 2016 Rogue SL

Hey everyone,

New to the Rogue Family. Just bought a 2016 Rogue SL. I've looked through the forums here, and specifically read through the original post, but I'm looking to see what the best was is to upgrade my Nissan Connect. According to the original post, the referenced Xterra update looks like the right option for 2014/2015 Rogues. According toe the service bulletin, it appears that 2016 Rogues need the F160 update.

Has anyone here successfully updated their 2016 to F160, without the aid of the dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

rodywl
Car: 2015 Nissan Juke Nismo AWD
2010 Nissan Xterra S 4WD

Anybody know if the 25920-9HM0B would work with the D407 firmware update?. Also what map version is this?

bnwitt

RGOLD wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:30 pm
I was able to install the latest 2019 update however, I was surprised to see that my 2015 new neighbourhood roads are still missing. Thanks to eBay I didn't have to pay $150 for outdated maps that pretend to be "2019" .
Rgold, are you saying the older version map cards for sale on eBay have the same map data that is currently for sale on the Nissan site as V12?

RGOLD
Car: 2015 Nissan Rouge

bnwitt wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:30 am
RGOLD wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:30 pm
I was able to install the latest 2019 update however, I was surprised to see that my 2015 new neighbourhood roads are still missing. Thanks to eBay I didn't have to pay $150 for outdated maps that pretend to be "2019" .
Rgold, are you saying the older version map cards for sale on eBay have the same map data that is currently for sale on the Nissan site as V12?
No, the maps data on each version are 2 years behind. I just got the "2020" V12 version that is 25920 9HT0C. It has some new roads but in general it is lagging 2 years behind compared to google maps that is being updated very frequent and is free...

JiNXX9500
2010 Nissan Sentra

got the update done over the weekend. thanks azieba. I owe you a beer or three.

now to see about getting the maps...

Hanadarko14

Thanks to the OP for this really detailed thread.
I just updated my '14 Rogue to D407 and it went well..35min almost exactly.
I ordered the 2016 Rogue V12 maps from Nissan.

** At this moment the V12 maps are $50 off and FREE shipping directly from Nissan **

:wavey:

-Hanadarko

adpinc61

Question - I'm about to perform this firmware update to see if I can correct a problem with the audio volume that goes up way to fast. Am I going to lose the map info I have? I have the SD card so I can just leave it in the radio while I do this, or I should take it out before performing the update?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

No, the map info is on the SD card, it's not part of the firmware. However, it will ask you to reinitialize the card after the update is finished.

adpinc61

I tried this update. Unfortunately, my radio said that it couldn't use the USB drive that it needed to be "NissanConnect authorized software" (or something like that. Anyone able to get around this? I'm trying to avoid paying a punitive amount to the dealer.

Return to “Rogue Forum”