2014 2.5L - Occasional Extended Crank/Start Time

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
grampp1
Car: 2014 Nissan 2.5L Altima SV

Newbie Altima owner here. I have a 2014 Nissan Altima SV 2.5L with about 75K miles. I recently purchased this used and have really enjoyed the car. However, I have noticed that occasionally ... maybe 1x in 20-30 starts, there is extended crank time/hesitation to start (like maybe 3-5 seconds where normal is 1-2 seconds). I have only noticed this to happen when cold starting, and since I only recently purchased, the weather in my area has primarily been, on the average, 50-60°F, so I don't have good data on ambient temp, except to say it has been in cooler weather. That being said, I will say that I have seen it happen on a rainy day, then on another rainy day ... all good, no problems. At this point, I have never observed this to happen more than 1x in a row -- Ie: it happened early last week, but I hadn't had an occurrence for at least 1-2 weeks prior to that, and it hasn't happened since. I did search through the forums here and on other Nissan Forum sites, but 1) I didn't seem to find anything directly relating to a 2014 Altima and 2) for other models with similar discussions, there were ideas from battery to fuel pressure to various sensors, but I never really saw a "this was the issue and how it was fixed" response. So, I thought I'd try a new discussion here and apologies in advance if this discussion/solution does exist elsewhere on here. Thanks in advance for any information or "what worked for you"!! :)

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”