2013 murano transmission

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Mp59
Car: 2013 Nissan murano

My 13 murano blew coolant line out of transmission. Repairman fixed line and refilled with fluid. Transmission won't pull properly . Does it take some time to fully react to lost of fluid? If lost of fluild, does transmission have a fail safe switch to protest transmission? Has there been any report of coolant line being blown out of transmission? Thx

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO!

I'm not sure what you mean by "Transmission won't pull properly." How long has it been between the repair and your creating this post? How far have you driven the vehicle since the repair was made? Is the SES light or any other warning light on? The CVT requires at minimum to be checked every 30k miles (Nissan recommends 15k intervals). Has this been done?

I believe that you can unplug the negative cable on the battery for around 15 - 20 minutes, which should reset the fail safe mode back to normal.

If the problem persists after that then there's something else going on that will necessitate a return trip to the repair shop for a proper inspection and diagnoses.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

If you drove for longer than a few seconds with that line blown out it can easily damage the trans, and after hooking line back up and refilled to spec then simply running the shift lever through the gears a couple times to refill all passages should be enough for the trans to work well again provided it was not damaged.

Return to “Murano Forum”