2012 Touch Screen

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
noomrise
Car: 2012 Nissan Versa "Special Edition"

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum. I just purchased myself a used 2012 Nissan Versa "Special Edition" hatchback. I am not sure what the "Special Edition" entails exactly, or what additions it has over any of the other models, but one thing it doesn't have is a Touch Screen/Navigation head unit. Now it does have Bluetooth calling, an I-pod connection cable in a compartment just above the radio, and can play mp3 cd's. It also has a AUX connector.

The car also has steering wheel controls for the Bluetooth calling, track and volume changing. I am looking to purchase a new double din head unit with a touchscreen and navigation, but I would still like to be able to use the steering wheel controls and if possible the ipod connector (Even though it is the old style 30 pin ipod connector).

I was wondering if anyone could point me to some decent head units that would allow me to do this that are under 300 dollars, and what if any extra parts I would need for the installation and also the integration of the steering wheel controls.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Sincerely,
New Versa Owner
Mike

P.S. - I've also noted a painful lack of any kind of center console or arm rest for the driver's right arm, any suggestions on how to remedy this? Thanks!

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Check out www.crutchfield.com as a good starting point.

BWG
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa SL
2009 Nissan Versa S (Totaled)

They actually sell arm rests you can add-on to the center console. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... a+arm+rest

Pretty nice ones I must say!

Touch screens are easy. You just find one that's a Double Din. Almost any of them fit. Above use suggested Crutchfield which has a built-in "what will fit my vehicle" feature. Find the one you want and do some price shopping.

My 2009 didn't have one. My 2011 does (SL). I am very happy I have one! You will be too.

Return to “Versa General Chat”