2012 NFL draft and beyond

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

The draft is coming up in a week, who your team ganna get.

Redskins and fans are 99% sure they will end up with RGIII from the 2 overall pick as the new QB unless the Colts wanna do an a$$ move and take him from us at the last minute. We'd still get Andrew Luck who not bad but all the talk is beyond him. Still lookin for a right tackle and a few offensive men. We also play Dallas on Thanksgiving day. Ganna be a good year ( I know, I always say that).

So, what do you see in the near future? Playoff capability? SuperBowl guesses?
Last edited by alms24sebring on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

alms24sebring wrote:The draft is coming up in a week, who your team ganna get.

Redskins and fans are 99% sure they will end up with RGIII from the 2 overall pick as the new QB unless the Colts wanna do an a$$ move and take him from us at the last minute. We'd still get Andrew Luck who not bad but all the talk is beyond him. Still lookin for a right tackle and a few offensive men. We also play Dallas on Thanksgiving day. Ganna be a good year ( I know, I always say that).

So, what do you see in the near future? Playoff capability? SuperBowl guesses?
I guess the bigger question is does RG3 want to join the Redskins? He could end up pulling an Eli Manning and end up in another city. As far as who gets in the next Superbowl, on the NFC side, IMHO it's hard to count out Green Bay, lotsa talent there. Based on the way they played late in the season when they finally gelled, and despite their fanbase's displeasure with Andy Reid, I think the Iggles could be dangerous too if Vick stays healthy. On the AFC side I think it'll be gonna be a very determined New England Patriot squad looking for blood. I also think Baltimore is gonna be dangerous again as their window of opportunity is closing.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Luck is terrible.. The colts are going to be awful for the next 10 years. Letting Manning go is the dumbest move in the history of football.

Broncos will win the superbowl this year.

alms24sebring

Well RG3 does look in fact like he wants to be a part of DC. He's been signing autographs in the area in passed weeks and has practiced with the team much more than the Colts. I agree about Philly, in fact I really like Vick but I dont wish them luck. New England is cursed and will continue to hate them. The biggest competitors are still Green Bay, Giants, and Baltimore.

Letting go of Manning may have been the wrong choice but for the right reasons. They should have kept him as a tutor or a coach to watch over the next QB. I think its sad that people just cant give up the sport they love when its time to face facts. Im just glad as poop that Washington didnt pick him up. It would have been McNabb all over again. Im tellin you, one good hit and he's down for the rest of his career. Its a waste of money and too much of a risk for anyone to pick him up to play again. He just needs to throw in the towel

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

I honestly think RG3 will be much more productive than Luck will be. The colts are going to need a few years to recuperate before they will be a competitive team again. It was smart for them to let go of manning. Yes he is an amazing QB, definitely one of the best of all time..but he's definitely not in his prime anymore and after the injury he's a reliability. The colts opened up a lot of possibilities for themselves by letting him go.

As for manning winning the superbowl...lol, let's not get ahead of ourselves...maybe if he went to the 49ers. The bronco's will make it to the playoffs, but that'll mostly be because they're in a terrible division. Most likely it'll be the 49ers vs the Patriots.

My big hope is that the Bengals are superbowl bound. Last year on a pair of extremely talented rookies they made it to the playoffs. They've done great in the free market and I think they'll make some big moves in the draft.

orangeNblue

so far the draft was pretty interesting. The pats did pick a sub-grade player in the second round. I heard that he has really good work ethic and is very versatile. And he's a team player so I can see why he was picked so early.

I really am excited for next season

alms24sebring

Sad to hear Junior Seau commit suicide. Cant say I recognize him but his stats were impressive. Lavar Arrington said that they were cool. He had just chilled with him less than a month ago. Said he was always happy and positive. The suicide note said that he thought he was so depressed because of all the hits as a pro football player to the head, and wanted to donate his brain to medical science to study the effects of the abuse. This will certainly change football if the impacts and concussions have that severe of an effect on people.

orangeNblue

I remember Mr. Seau. I actually had one of his jerseys growing up as a kid. He was a phenomenal player and did a lot of good in and out of the game. Don't see a lot of players like him now a days. I guarantee his brain was torn up by years of impact, but I don't think this makes it okay or justifies why he killed himself. Its a very sad thing that happened.

alms24sebring

Spring training. Football season is getting closer :ohno:

orangeNblue

they really need to fix this issue with the refs....I mean the calls are completely atrocious and are actually determining the outcome of each game. I mean one bad or missed call could and has spelt victory for a few games this year and we're only in week 3

Return to “The Sports Bar”