2011 versa problems with cold air intake

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Cdogg1215
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa

So i make my own short ram cold air intake now the car sounds like its about to fall apart i get the engine code about the intake air temp a random misfire cylinder 3 misfire. Any idea whats going on i see multiple videos with short rams installed and no one is having problems. Ive already checked for vaccum leaks and there is none i am completely stumped. Any help is much appreciated

Basin Motorsports
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

Do you have a picture of your homemade set-up? The MAF sensor needs ~6" of straight tube before and after to read the best, otherwise it has trouble understanding the correct air flow.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I don't think short RAM and CAI are the same. The simple fix is to put it back to stock. Modifying an intake can change power output and fuel consumption. While it's possible to make improvements, you can imagine it is equally possible to make changes to loose power and to loose fuel economy. That's part of why we have engineers, research and development. Save some $ and buy an intake like AEM or find one and try to copy it. Or, like Basin suggests, put up some pictures and maybe we can help you edit your design a bit. Air flow is affected in pipes by diameter, length, surface material and the shape or path.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”