2012 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Enjoy the new unique ride! Keep us posted of your thoughts and feelings!

JunseiMotors
Car: 2010 Nissan Titan LE
2004 Acura RSX Type S - Supercharged
1986 Toyota AE86 GTS (hatch)

Ive driven many of these. Reason being was the recall that came out not to long ago for the convertible top. The first one I did took me half a day because I wanted to make sure I did it correctly on the lot cars before the customers started coming in. Especially the first fix (total of 5) but now I got it down to about 2hrs. I have to say I dont expect it to be on the market to long. Once they see sales go down on it then they will scrap the project. I could be completely wrong. It wasn't expected to be a car that people buy/drive like an Altima from day to day. The only thing I dont like is the way it feels. Yes I know convertibles feel weak in the body and shake due to lack of top reinforcement but wow....this thing feels heavy as hell when you drive them but its because it has to have that extra beef to reinforce what it doesnt have up top. Other then that.....I love it. Definitely catches an eye and turns heads. Alot of people dont even know it exist. Every street light i was at during test drives after completed recalls or service, I would have people roll their windows down and ask "what is that" or "is that a Murano?" If you're looking in to buying one, go for it. They are fun. :werd:

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Nice feedback, was the recall on all of the CC's?

onceajrzgrl
Car: Nissan Murano 11 CrossCabriolet (Glacier Pearl)

JunseiMotors wrote:Ive driven many of these. Reason being was the recall that came out not to long ago for the convertible top. The first one I did took me half a day because I wanted to make sure I did it correctly on the lot cars before the customers started coming in. Especially the first fix (total of 5) but now I got it down to about 2hrs. I have to say I dont expect it to be on the market to long. Once they see sales go down on it then they will scrap the project. I could be completely wrong. It wasn't expected to be a car that people buy/drive like an Altima from day to day. The only thing I dont like is the way it feels. Yes I know convertibles feel weak in the body and shake due to lack of top reinforcement but wow....this thing feels heavy as hell when you drive them but its because it has to have that extra beef to reinforce what it doesnt have up top. Other then that.....I love it. Definitely catches an eye and turns heads. Alot of people dont even know it exist. Every street light i was at during test drives after completed recalls or service, I would have people roll their windows down and ask "what is that" or "is that a Murano?" If you're looking in to buying one, go for it. They are fun. :werd:
Do you own one? If so, how long have you had it? It's only been a week since I've had mine. I'm still getting used to driving it. I don't necessarily feel any shakiness all the time except on a really really windy day and on the highway at 65mph but i'll make sure to pay attention next time. I get what you're saying about it turning heads especially when I see luxury verts riding around me or other MO owners behind me.

I'm loving every minute of driving it so far! I do have to bring it back to the dealer-- :eek: for some reason, there is something in the panel behind the passenger side that has scratched the rear window when it rolls down. :mad: they're having to replace the whole rear window.

JunseiMotors
Car: 2010 Nissan Titan LE
2004 Acura RSX Type S - Supercharged
1986 Toyota AE86 GTS (hatch)

Yes recall is on all CC. Less then a month old. 2nd recall on the CC. The first one just required running down the outer flap adjusting bolt down but that recall was a couple months ago now. Most customers should have received the letter already of the recall which requires several fixes. Even though I got them down to about 2 hrs we still ask to keep the car all day for any issues that arise. Especially for the detail on the interior. I did it without a work shirt and just a plain white tee and no work boots. Took them off, all my pens and anything in my pockets due to the interior. Wore gloves every minute and yet there's still slight smudges here and there so we send them to detail the interior just in case.

No I dont own one but have driven them quite a bit. You might not feel the shaking but when you are driving with the top down, pay close attention to the corners of the A pillars. Looks like they are shaking alot but that's normal of ANY convertible. Just dont do it on a busy street. Have you had the recall performed yet? If not, then more then likely it will be done at the same time. Part of the recall has to do with the SKY LIGHT itself. The links that swivel bind up and need replacing. Will not allow top to go down completely at the SKY LIGHT bow (area, section, etc) so maybe that's why it got scratched. Could be something else.

:werd:

Harleydiva781
Car: 2011 Nissan miles

We have an 2011 Nissan Murano cabriolet
Wanted to know how they r fixing top
Any help or suggestions would be great

Thank u

Return to “Murano Forum”