2011 EX35 low beam headlight bulb replacement recommendations?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
nate2011
Car: 2011 Garnet Red EX35 AWD Journey

Hi all,

Well I was loving the Mirimoto Kit from Retro Fit until the drivers side headlight stopped working. My tech from RIMS Audio of NJ came and checked out the system - apparently the balast on the drivers side stopped working.

Rob replaced both balasts & igniters with a balast/igniter set up in one unit - we also went to 35W balast from the 55W units i had with the Mirimoto kit.

I've written a letter to RetroFit with the hope that they will refund me for the balasts & igniters under their 3 year guarantee for this kit. I will keep the forum group advised of RetroFits response.

While Rob was here we also swapped out the OEM fog lights for an LED bulb set - I'm very pleased. If I had the choice to make all over again again I would recommend LED for both the Lo beam & the Fogs. - for now I'm running the 35W/5500K H11 in my lo beams and it continues to be a dramatic improvement over the OEM halogens in this 2011 EX35.

AWGD8
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD JOURNEY

If you are looking for HID filament longevity, go for 35 W ballast. For rainy days at night on a dark asphalt, nothing beats the 3000K (yellow) light on fog lights.

Just an FYI, a 55W ballast using a 4300 K bulb produces a light color similar to a 5000K (pure white) on a 35W ballast.

So If you have a 55W ballast with 5000K bulb , this will produce a light color similar to 6000K (bluish hue) on a 35W ballast.

nate2011
Car: 2011 Garnet Red EX35 AWD Journey

THANKS! AWGD8

For the lo beams I'm now running 35W Ballast's with the XB 5500K HID bulbs ....

For the fogs... 25W 5500K (3600 LUX) LEDS from Race Sport.

I'm loving the set up.

The original ballast's are on their way back to retrofit... they've agreed to refund if they "don't appear worn" & will replace if they deem they're "used" - as one has stopped working after 4 weeks I'm fine if they replace (would prefer refund) as it'll give me a spare set in the event of a failure.

AWGD8

The XB series bulb is great, I have it in my low beam.
I also have a spare ballast and XB filament, though retrofitsource has a great replacement/customer service, I am not sure if they ship the next day or weekend...

ycao421
Car: 2015 Infiniti EX 35 Journey AWD

does anyone know the color temperature of our stock xenon HID D2S bulbs?

I'm asking is when I first bought my qx50 with xenon headlights, it looked fine, very bright and white compared to the yellow halogen external lights and fog lights. Then I swapped the external light bulbs with LED ones from Vleds, now everytime I look at my headlights, my xenon headlights seem yellow by comparison, and my OCD just can't handle it.

all my LED lights output the same bright white color, like the interior leds I installed http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Infiniti-EX35- ... 5-df21.htm, but then I don't know how exactly to compare the brightness of xenon hid with led, kelvi? should I be looking for D2S at 6k? Thanks.

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

The stock HID bulbs are probably right around 4300K.

If you picked the white LEDs, I would guess that the color temp is 5000K. If you are that OCD I would double check with the vendors you purchased them from.

ycao421
Car: 2015 Infiniti EX 35 Journey AWD

NJGuy wrote:The stock HID bulbs are probably right around 4300K.

If you picked the white LEDs, I would guess that the color temp is 5000K. If you are that OCD I would double check with the vendors you purchased them from.
Finally swapped it, got a pair of 6000ks. The color temperature is definitely better than the stock 4300k to my OCD. one of these days I'll figure out a way to post pics.

Litesaber5
Car: 2008 ex35

Hi all. I know this thread is somewhat old but i have run into a problem on my 2008 ex35.
I installed new halogens on both sides and when i turned the lights on they did turn orn but almost no light was being cast in front of the car. No usable light that is. The brights work just fine but the low beams basicly are useless. I reinstalled the old bulb to see if it was the bulb but the same thing happened. No usuable light down range.
Is there an adjustment screw or something simmilar that i can turn or did i fk up the head lights.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

AWGD8

Litesaber5 wrote:Hi all. I know this thread is somewhat old but i have run into a problem on my 2008 ex35.
I installed new halogens on both sides and when i turned the lights on they did turn orn but almost no light was being cast in front of the car. No usable light that is. The brights work just fine but the low beams basicly are useless. I reinstalled the old bulb to see if it was the bulb but the same thing happened. No usuable light down range.
Is there an adjustment screw or something simmilar that i can turn or did i fk up the head lights.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

I always recommend 5000 kelvin or lower if you want longer beam reach. Yes, there is a headlight adjustment for both side under the hood and you only need s longer thinner screw driver to adjust it.

Driver side beam should be lower than passenger side when setting up headight 25 feet facing from the wall.

Litesaber5

Thanks for the advice

Litesaber5

AWGD8 wrote:
Litesaber5 wrote:Hi all. I know this thread is somewhat old but i have run into a problem on my 2008 ex35.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

I always recommend 5000 kelvin or lower if you want longer beam reach. Yes, there is a headlight adjustment for both side under the hood and you only need s longer thinner screw driver to adjust it.

Driver side beam should be lower than passenger side when setting up headight 25 feet facing from the wall.
So i cant seem to find where that adj screw is. The manual is no help. Al it says is to bring the car in

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”