2010 Rogue stiff ride.. please help

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I say go with the pro, I use that on the front. It's spacious between our coils and I want to make sure it smashes enough against them and I thought the first 2 might be too soft if the buffers were barely getting squeezed; just in case of the space.

Plus I like the black color since it blends into the background. I do great over bumps and crappy parts of the road, I think of your post everytime I go over a bad bump on the road and how my rogue absorbs the severe imperfections real nice. Use pro for the back too.

I don't know about a constant gauntlet of crap road, but I'm sure it makes everything less jarring. With all my mods, tires, etc, it worked for me. Good luck.
:mike

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

nands7 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:43 am
Guys, is General RT43 tire good,they are not expensive and show very positive review/difference...what do you guys think?

@casperfun, i plan to install Rubbershox soon, i see 4 types , SERIES, PLUS, PRO ,SUPER.
which gives the best performance for worst Michigan roads with cracks,potholes..salt in winter
what do you suggest?
I’ve never personally owned them but they came on my daughter in laws Buick toy suv. The reviews are really good on bob is the oil guy. They were kind of the “latest and greatest” for awhile. Hankook makes a smooth comfortable tire at a reasonable price. Both my, 2018 and 2021 came with them. If I had a complaint it would be that they don’t last long. I put Michelin defenders on my 09 Altima and at 30k they’re still almost 8/32 which is incredible. I also put Michelin primacy’s on the wife’s 2018 and they’re great as well. The primacy came with 8/32 from the factory, as opposed to a full 10/32 with the defenders which was a little concerning. I just walked out and checked them and with 11k they’re still measuring a hair under 8/32nd. I’m partial to Michelin. Good tires aren’t cheap and cheap tires aren’t good. Though I wouldn’t be afraid of the generals. Just make sure that the tire shop offers a ride guarantee in case you aren’t happy.

D1dad
2009 Nissan Altima SL

And fyi. At 4/32 or 4 years I’m replacing my tires. Some folks don’t bat an eye on spending $200 for a pair of sneakers yet run their tires down to deaths door over $500. Not me. I want my car to be safe and feel like factory new if possible.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

With the price of gas today, you could buy new tires every couple months. Heck, if you can avoid driving a bit, get new shoes for your rogue. :wavey:

D1dad
2009 Nissan Altima SL

I hear ya Casper. My local news is pumping up the newscast about how gas is coming down. I went up north this weekend and that trip cost me $80 as opposed to the $40 it used to cost. My company gives me .58 cents a mile to use my personal car. I still make money at that rate, but pray I don’t blow out a $200 tire.

Return to “Rogue Forum”