2010 Nissan Rogue rust under the carriage

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ithinksgreen

Hey Guys,

this is me who started this topic. I took the car to nissan dealer and he said this is completely normal and nothing to worry about.

DTASFAB

ImStricken wrote:
christo89 wrote:I know caliper paint it's not as durable as powder coat, but with a good prep, the paint will last more than months.
brakes heat cycle. that causes rapid changes in metal structure. good luck keeping the paint from chipping
Would powder coating the calipers help prevent or reduce warping the rotors when splashing through deep puddles after riding the brakes hard? In other words, does it prevent water from cooling the rotors too fast?

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

DTASFAB wrote: Would powder coating the calipers help prevent or reduce warping the rotors when splashing through deep puddles after riding the brakes hard? In other words, does it prevent water from cooling the rotors too fast?
thats like saying water proofing shoe laces, could help water proof the shoe. lolololol/jk :gapteeth: no homie, powdercoating the caliper wont protect the rotor from heat damage.
the problem is the rotors are too thin from the beginning. thin metal over heats easier. thin metal bends easier. and thin metal wears faster. thicker rotors are heavier = thus being able to withstand longer periods of high temps. but heavier rotors reduce MPG's and thats the primary reason they are light to begin-with. a lot of companies are scrambling to increase MPG's and simply use lighter parts everywhere.

SUPERBWON
Car: 2000 Infiniti I30

Return to “Rogue Forum”