2010 NICOFEST Carlisle: OFFICIAL NICOFEST CARLISLE INFO AND

Read about NICOclub events of the past.
snowborder714
Car: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Bubba1 wrote:IF you tech/register on Friday afternoon at the Holiday Inn, you can bypass the expected line on Saturday morning. Just show us your wristband, and you can drive right into the paddock.
When I registered for the non-judged showfield, it was after the pre-registration portion when they mailed out your packet (I believe it ended around April 6th or so and I signed up on April 16th). Would going to the tech/register on Friday get me the appropriate passes and such to get in the gate, or is it just to get into the pit area?

And does anyone happen to know what kind of 'pass' they give you with the showfield registration? Is it tickets, wristbands, something else?

And do I as a driver have to bring my car, or can my brother? Not sure when I'll be home because of traveling for work.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

snowborder714 wrote:[
When I registered for the non-judged showfield, it was after the pre-registration portion when they mailed out your packet (I believe it ended around April 6th or so and I signed up on April 16th). Would going to the tech/register on Friday get me the appropriate passes and such to get in the gate, or is it just to get into the pit area?

And does anyone happen to know what kind of 'pass' they give you with the showfield registration? Is it tickets, wristbands, something else?

And do I as a driver have to bring my car, or can my brother? Not sure when I'll be home because of traveling for work.
No, Checking in/teching on Friday afternoon only has to do getting onto the track/into the paddock more quicky once you're inside the Fairgrounds. It's separate from your admission to the Fairgrounds itself. If they didn't mail you the stuff, you have to get those things upon your arrival at the Fairgrounds.

If I'm not mistaken, you'll get a sticker the corner of your windshield for judged and a Carlisle Wristband. At our check in, you'll get very small tech stickers upon passing tech for your car/helmet, plus a NICO "pitpass" wristband which will allow you into the paddock. The Carlisle wristband by itself will not get you into the paddock. So you're probably gonna end up wearing two.

As far as who is driving when you arrive at the Fairgrounds. I don't think Carlisle cares. Each Carlisle admission allows one guest. So if you both arrive at the same time in the same car, one of you gets in free.
However, if you want your brother to have access to the paddock/track, I must have his full name, if you haven't already given it to us, or he could be subject to a fee to get into the paddock.

I hope that helps.

ballyismyname

hey sign me up for drifting and autocross. billy brumbaugh also i am willing to help on the track if u still need people

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

ballyismyname wrote:hey sign me up for drifting and autocross. billy brumbaugh also i am willing to help on the track if u still need people
You're on the list, and thanks.We can definitely use your help manning the track. :dblthumb:

heathabate
Car: 04 colorado

hey sign me up for autocross heath abate. :gapteeth:

randybarg
Car: 88 mustang

hey i wanna be signed up for autocross
randy bargerstock
88 Mustang gt conv.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

heathabate wrote:hey sign me up for autocross heath abate. :gapteeth:
Done. :bigthumb:

ballyismyname

well do i just tell somebody when i come that i want to help?
and where do i go i will be getting there at about 8 am. sat morning maybe 9. and i have never been there b4 so i dunno where to go or what to do lol

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

randybarg wrote:hey i wanna be signed up for autocross
randy bargerstock
88 Mustang gt conv.
Got you on the list, but I just want to make sure you are aware of the rollbar requirement for convertibles.
Does your Mustang have an aftermarket rollbar with harnesses?

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

ballyismyname wrote:well do i just tell somebody when i come that i want to help?
and where do i go i will be getting there at about 8 am. sat morning maybe 9. and i have never been there b4 so i dunno where to go or what to do lol
Arriving to get checked in at 8 is fine.
The track is going to be officially operating from 9 to 6 continuously, so there will be plenty of opportunity during the 2 days to volunteer your time, from corner working, to sweeping up during the transition from Drift to Autocross, or registration, tech, security, etc. Depending on what you want to volunteer for, The schedule at the top of the page will give you an idea how things run.

Once you get inside the Fairgrounds gates, you drive straight past the buildings and make a left. You'll also see signs directing you to the track/NICOfest tent. The NICOfest tent is located beside the only entrance to the paddock and track.
The NICOfest tent is also where you check in and get teched. Once you are all signed in, passed tech,assigned a number, given a wristband, sign the waivers , etc, you can drive into the paddock, park, unload, put on your helmet and get in line for your first run, or socialize, or visit the rest of the show, or volunteer, depending on what you want to do and when.
It's a pretty casual atmosphere. I hope that helps.

snowborder714

Bubba1 wrote:No, Checking in/teching on Friday afternoon only has to do getting onto the track/into the paddock more quicky once you're inside the Fairgrounds. It's separate from your admission to the Fairgrounds itself. If they didn't mail you the stuff, you have to get those things upon your arrival at the Fairgrounds.

If I'm not mistaken, you'll get a sticker the corner of your windshield for judged and a Carlisle Wristband. At our check in, you'll get very small tech stickers upon passing tech for your car/helmet, plus a NICO "pitpass" wristband which will allow you into the paddock. The Carlisle wristband by itself will not get you into the paddock. So you're probably gonna end up wearing two.

As far as who is driving when you arrive at the Fairgrounds. I don't think Carlisle cares. Each Carlisle admission allows one guest. So if you both arrive at the same time in the same car, one of you gets in free.
However, if you want your brother to have access to the paddock/track, I must have his full name, if you haven't already given it to us, or he could be subject to a fee to get into the paddock.

I hope that helps.
Makes sense - thanks!

For the driving question, I was asking if my brother could bring the car to the Holiday Inn on Friday if I'm not able to. He already is in your list.
Bubba1 wrote:Each Carlisle admission allows one guest. So if you both arrive at the same time in the same car, one of you gets in free.
When I registered for the event (Non-Judged Showfield), the $40 got my car in as well as two people for the weekend. If you take a look at another event for the same category, they have the same thing. Actually, it looks like a lot of their online registrations include admissions for two people.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

snowborder714 wrote:[

Makes sense - thanks!

For the driving question, I was asking if my brother could bring the car to the Holiday Inn on Friday if I'm not able to. He already is in your list.
Absolutely. If he checks in Friday, the only thing you will need to do when you arrive at the NICOfest tent on Saturday is sign the waivers and get issued a wristband. Your brother can then skip the tech line, flash his NICO wristband, and park in the paddock at his convenience.
snowborder714 wrote:[When I registered for the event (Non-Judged Showfield), the $40 got my car in as well as two people for the weekend. If you take a look at another event for the same category, they have the same thing. Actually, it looks like a lot of their online registrations include admissions for two people.
I believe Carlisle's admission is and has always been one car/two people, not three.

snowborder714

Bubba1 wrote:I believe Carlisle's admission is and has always been one car/two people, not three.
Now you have me confused - where did the three come from? :confused:

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

snowborder714 wrote:
Bubba1 wrote:I believe Carlisle's admission is and has always been one car/two people, not three.
Now you have me confused - where did the three come from? :confused:
My mistake, sorry. I misread your last post, when I saw "two guests", I misinterpreted it as you plus two guests.

Didderson
Car: 1990 240sx fastback; '88 Hardbody pickup; '74 Datsun Z

Hey bubba, if I bought a pass (it's like 45 dollars on carlisle), does it make me eligible to enter the showfield all weekend!? I have the paperwork at home I'll check it if you're not sure.

twisted99s10
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx Hatch
1992 Nissan 240sx Sil-camino
1993 Nissan 240sx Coupe

twisted99s10 wrote:count me in for drift, and possible a few autocross runs. put me down for helping with track work.

Name - Dusty Jagger Car - 89 240sx (car number 48)i will most likely have a passenger for the event but i'll make her post up here later.
my 89 wont be ready so i am bringing my 93 hatch. no number on it. and i will be bringing my passenger for sure. her name is alicia brown.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

twisted99s10 wrote:
twisted99s10 wrote:count me in for drift, and possible a few autocross runs. put me down for helping with track work.

Name - Dusty Jagger Car - 89 240sx (car number 48)i will most likely have a passenger for the event but i'll make her post up here later.
my 89 wont be ready so i am bringing my 93 hatch. no number on it. and i will be bringing my passenger for sure. her name is alicia brown.
Got it. Just to confirm, I already showed you with one guest named Tara. Is Alicia in addition to or in place of Tara?

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Didderson wrote:Hey bubba, if I bought a pass (it's like 45 dollars on carlisle), does it make me eligible to enter the showfield all weekend!? I have the paperwork at home I'll check it if you're not sure.
I think you'll need to double check your paperwork. If it says "judged", the answer is yes. If it says "non-judged", the answer is no. But I suppose if you have non-judged pass and want to upgrade to judged, Carlisle will oblige you for a small fee when you arrive there.

Didderson
Car: 1990 240sx fastback; '88 Hardbody pickup; '74 Datsun Z

Ah you're right. I bought non-judged because no need lol.. I was just wondering if I had the option, saturday it is!

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

Bubba1 wrote:
twisted99s10 wrote:
Got it. Just to confirm, I already showed you with one guest named Tara. Is Alicia in addition to or in place of Tara?
Oh snap! Tara is going to be pissed when she finds out you were with Alicia.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Everyone, another suggestion to bring if you have the space is a folding lawn chair. There will be several chairs in the big NICOfest tent,but there are going to be a lot more people than chairs. I'm bringing two for the start/finish tent, I encourage those that have 'em and space in their cars to please consider bringing them.

Can't believe it's only a few days away. Also registration for free entry to the paddock/track ends Thursday morning.

Thanks.

turbowagonvw
Car: 1998 passat wagon turbo

Id like to sign up with my 1998 passat turbo for auto cross runs total kaos car club this year for may 8th and 9th :woot:

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

turbowagonvw wrote:Id like to sign up with my 1998 passat turbo for auto cross runs total kaos car club this year for may 8th and 9th :woot:
No problem, I just need your full name please. thanks.

turbowagonvw

o sorry its michael staples o it s a passat wagon not sedan is that ok still

DAce022
Car: purple mini van! aka the spaceship!

ill be there
drifting and auto x
+1 guest Nathan Stauffer

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

turbowagonvw wrote:o sorry its michael staples o it s a passat wagon not sedan is that ok still
Sure, a wagon is fine. :bigthumb: And you're all set.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

DAce022 wrote:ill be there
drifting and auto x
+1 guest Nathan Stauffer
Got it. I already have Nathan on the list, I'll just need your name, please. Thanks.

turbowagonvw

name is michael staples with the passat turbo wagon :bowrofl:

nismotuner1
Car: s13 Hatch
05'Titan

put me down for drift. Rob d!ck and my gf will be with me and would like access to the pit area. Her name is Jennifer Baer.

twisted99s10
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx Hatch
1992 Nissan 240sx Sil-camino
1993 Nissan 240sx Coupe

Bubba1 wrote:
ha. she is in replace. tara is my ex from last year.

Return to “Past NICO Events”