2010 Maxima SV, Need new Purge Valve Solenoid/ Canister

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
snb778
Car: 2010 Nissan Maxima SV

Hello, I'm selling my car and need a new purge valve solenoid or canister...is this one in the same? Any reason to pay Napa $170 or can they be had for cheaper online, and how do I make sure its the exact one I need?

Thanks

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The canister and purge valve aren't exactly rocket-science, even cheap aftermarket stuff usually works fine if you don't care about longevity. If you know the correct p/n's for your car, visit Rock Auto and enter it into the Part Number Search. If there are cross-compatible numbers they'll show up in some or all of the found parts.

snb778
Car: 2010 Nissan Maxima SV

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:28 pm
The canister and purge valve aren't exactly rocket-science, even cheap aftermarket stuff usually works fine if you don't care about longevity. If you know the correct p/n's for your car, visit Rock Auto and enter it into the Part Number Search. If there are cross-compatible numbers they'll show up in some or all of the found parts.
Thats good to know. I called Napa and they seemed to think the Purge Canister Vent came with the valve solenoid, whic I don't believe is correct....so I'm back to not trusting the part number these stores are telling me. Any advice as to how to find the exact part number for my year/make/trim, etc.?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Go to NissanPartsDeal.com and plug in your VIN. That will show the exact p/n's your car was built with plus any p/n supersessions.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”