2010 G37 Sport vs. Base Appearance

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
tuscholar98
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35

Hello all,

I'm looking to purchase a 2010 convertible that's recently come off lease and, in comparing cars of interest, I notice that two cars have minor differences although they are both advertised as having the "sports" package. Both have 19" wheels; however one has just two air intakes on the lower front fascia and the other has 3 air intakes and the red "S" on the rear. Carfax reports for both read Base/Sport once VIN numbers are entered so I'm a little unsure what the packages should entail. Thanks for any feedback in advance.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

tuscholar98 wrote:Hello all,

I'm looking to purchase a 2010 convertible that's recently come off lease and, in comparing cars of interest, I notice that two cars have minor differences although they are both advertised as having the "sports" package. Both have 19" wheels; however one has just two air intakes on the lower front fascia and the other has 3 air intakes and the red "S" on the rear. Carfax reports for both read Base/Sport once VIN numbers are entered so I'm a little unsure what the packages should entail. Thanks for any feedback in advance.
Front fascia of S models had 2 large openings under the headlights in addition to the upper & lower radiator openings. There are several "sport" options like 19" wheels, exhaust etc but that doesn't make the car a true Sport model.

Click here for some additional reading that should help - http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infiniti/ ... ress-kit-2

Good luck on your decision!

tuscholar98
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35

Great information and definitely a big help. One of the vehicles advertised as having the sport package clearly does not. Decision made.

glennA
Car: G37 Convertible (soon, either 2010 or 2011)

I just bought a used 2011 base. It's got some sport features (foglights, 19" wheels), but it's not a sport model.

When I called my insurance agent, they asked if I had base or sport (as they couldn't tell from the Vin). I told them base and they said "Good - that makes a nice difference in your favor"

Just putting that out there if it matters.

glennA

I've got a question...

I've got foglights on mine, but don't see any packages online that allow you to add them. Anyone know anything about the fog lights?

Mine is a 2010, and most of the others I looked at were 2010. I didn't see foglights on any 2010 models. Were they added standard in 2011?

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

glennA wrote:I've got a question...

I've got foglights on mine, but don't see any packages online that allow you to add them. Anyone know anything about the fog lights?

Mine is a 2010, and most of the others I looked at were 2010. I didn't see foglights on any 2010 models. Were they added standard in 2011?
yes, fogs were added to the front fascia (moved from the headlights) in 2011

Click here for full 2011 details -->http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infiniti/ ... -press-kit

glennA

cool - thanks!

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”