2010 Cube make clunking noise when pressing accelerator

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
mattsmith20
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube Krom

This noise can be heard and felt seems like it's via the accelerator/ cable. Anyone else having or had this issue? At the dealer now and they are having a hard time diagnosing.

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

does it change if a/c is on or off? my versa makes a loud click that sounds like it is via the accelorator when i have the a/c on.

no cable btw, drive by wire.

mattsmith20
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube Krom

good idea...I live in TX so haven't had the AC off in months. The sound is one noticeable clunk that you can hear and feel on acceleration when gas pedal has not been pressed yet (i.e. from a stop of on road when you've let off the gas). Dealer has had 4 techs and a service mgr. look at it so far and they are stumped.

YokotaCube
Car: 2000 Nissan Cube

3 years later no answer? I have a 2000 Cube and the noise continues with the same diagnostics above...from what I can tell there are 3 relays making the noise compressor on, compressor off, and fan on the noise make a thunk sound. I can feel the relay and hear the noise on the low pressure side where it enters through the firewall. Next step is to have the pressures checked why the relays continue so frequent to make a noise.

Return to “Cube Forum”