2010 Altima driver side kick panel removal?

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
charblezorb
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima

2010 Nissan Altima

I’m re-posting this because my original post had done ridiculous typing errors (including the title) that I didn’t notice until some kind soul tried to decipher it. So I apologize if you feel like you just read a less coherent version of this. Obviously, I’ll delete the other one.

Anyway, here is the corrected post. I really need help!:

I am installing a remote starter in my 2010 Altima, and have just a few (so far) questions about some simple (so far) aspects of the install.

Sooo, dumb question… I need to remove the drivers side kick panel. In the instructional video I have to install the remote starter, it says to “pull off the plastic nut” (but they are also using an Infiniti, not an Altima). Google tells me to just pull it straight off. I can’t actually see anything holding it on. Do I literally just pull harder? I am scared to force it because I don’t want to break it. Am I missing some kind of clip or bolt or something?

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it so much!
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

To remove it, just pull it uniformly (it helps if you use motion toward the inside of the car as well as upward force, instead of just pulling straight up) until it separates from the clips that hold it in place. You won't break it, it just pops off. When re-installing it, pinch the clips a little with some pliers so that it'll fit tightly again and be sure they all line up with the plastic tabs they squeeze onto and just push it back on.
I would recommend getting a Molding and Trim Removal Tool Kit as it will make it a lot easier to pry it loose. You don't need a fancy set, and they come in handy for other things as well. They usually cost less than $10 and can be found at all the chain auto stores.

Hope that helps!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The kick panel just pulls loose after you loosen the front part of the sill trim (or remove it entirely). They're interlocked, so the sill has to come first. Sometimes the pawls on the kick panels can be very stubborn. If necessary bend it slightly so you can see the base of the attachment post and pry directly at the base with a bar or screwdriver.

charblezorb
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima

So I thought what I needed to remove was the drivers side kick plate, but maybe that’s not what it’s called (?)

When you’re sitting in the drivers side, if you moved your foot over you’d kick the side of the car. Not the long piece on the floor just inside the door, but the piece in front of that….roughly triangular, I think (sort of). How do I remove that without damaging it? I need to access the parking light wiring to install a remote start. The instructions say to “pull off a plastic nut at the back” (but he’s using an Infiniti not an Altima), but I don’t see one? Is there a nut or some clips I’m missing?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

See INT-32 here:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... %2FINT.pdf

The drawing isn't great, but #2 is the piece you need to remove, #3 is the sill plate (although Nissan calls it a kick plate). There's no plastic nut on an Altima. Where you see the little squares or circles on the diagram, there's a plastic or metal pawl that fits into a hole in the body. They all just pry loose. Pry up the sill plate #3 starting at the back. Once it's removed you can pry out the kick panel #2.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Please do not create new threads for your open discussion. Cross-posting (i.e. posting the same topic in more than one forum board) is frowned upon. It's confusing and often counterproductive. Topics merged.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”