2010 Altima 2.5 Slight Hesitation when accelerating slowly

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
2010AltimaS

Hi,

My 2010 Alt 2.5 has a slight hesitation when accelerating slowly. It is less obvious, or non existent, when accelerating briskly or faster then moderate. The car has 68k miles. It has been doing this for along time, 10k miles. It is not worse, perhaps even less now, then a couple years ago. Then again, I may be used to it now. Original plugs, wires... air filter has been changed and is new.

I have read about the CVT issues. I dont "think" it is that. If it is, I guess its best to drive it until their is a very obvious, serious, problem.

All suggestions to look at myself rather then spend money at a dealer is appreciated.

MalcolmY

Well it could be as big as the CVT going bad or as simple as a dirty air filter, or something in between like a dirty throttle body.

Since you said the filter is new take a look at the throttle body from both sides (DO NOT disconnect the connector unless you have easy access to a consult-III or a dealer).

How many times did you change the transmission oil?

2010AltimaS

After much research I learned that the cvt fluid should be changed more often then what was originally advertised 6 years ago. Did a full drain and flush, 12 quarts. Changed BOTH cvt filters, fine and mesh, and cleaned trans pan. Also installed a Rogue cvt trans cooler to ensure no cvt over heating and possibly extending the cvt life. I "think" the hesitation is gone or less. Maybe placebo effect...not sure. Need to drive more to be sure.

Google "Two CVT Trans Filters - External Fine and Internal Mesh" for parts and information.

5070bolo
Car: 2010 nissan altima sl 2.5

Try cleaning the MAF Mass Air Flow Sensor.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”