2009 Murano steering column motor problem

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
rolltyde1
Car: 2009 Murano LE

Anyone find just the gears somewhere rather than replacing the whole motor? Both my Tilt and Telescope are not working and they are $200 each to buy the parts. Also any DIY instructions to replace the motors if I can't just buy replacement gears?

dlleedy
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano

:mad: I bought a 2009 Nissan Murano and certain things were not disclosed to me in the sale. very dissatisfied with the sales representative. The steering column motor does not work and is locked in a position that I cannot see my speedometer which has resulted in 3 tickets, I was told that this is not covered by my warranty and that I would have to pay for this motor. I should not have to pay for a part that should be recalled as many people are having the same problem. I was not also told that if one part of the navigational system goes out you have to replace the whole system including stereo, cd player etc. they also said this is not included in my warranty and I would have to pay $5000.00 to replace the whole system. I no longer trust Nissan and will never own another Nissan. I think this car in my opinion should be repaired to restore my faith in Nissan otherwise this will be the last Nissan vehicle I ever purchase. Sincerely Dana L. Leedy. My email address is [email protected]. don't know why someone else is using this address.

rfarrah
Car: 2009 Murano

nordelbb wrote:
ntech1989 wrote:There is a Nissan TSB for this. We just had one in the shop the other day. Should be under warranty.
Are you saying that even though my 2009 Murano is out of warranty, this repair should be covered under warranty due to the existence of a TSB pertaining to this problem? I just want to be sure before I discuss this with the Service Manager at the dealership.

Thanks.
This question was never answered. Since there is a TSB out on this, is it fixed for free?

peterluce

dorman oe solutions make a repair kit for the tilt and telescope function--new gears so you don't have to replace the motors. Part number 905-522 Cost around $60.00. A lot cheaper than the $600.00 you would shell out for both motors buying at a discount online. Nissan has a TSB that explains motor removal. That being said my tilt quit at 40,000 miles and than the instrument cluster went black at 49,000 miles. $932.00 to replace the instrument cluster.They told me due to low voltage??? I told them not to screw with the tilt function after they gave me a $500.00 estimate to fix it. Came back from the dealer and somehow they broke the telescoping feature-tilt locked in full upright and had the odometer set at 122,000 miles along with the low tire warning light always on. Now they have to remove the instrument cluster and send it out to get the odometer fixed. $38,000 car that has less than 50,000 miles on it. Not at all impressed with the vehicle or the dealership and Nissan really doesn't seem to care. I won't buy another Nissan product

jep
Car: Nissan murano 2009

Owned 2009 Murano for three years. Two tilt motors were replaced in warrantee and then the telescope went out 2 months out of warrantee. They said there was no inherent problem with the motors. It was just a coincidence. Turned off the auto position after the first motor failure. Got rid of the car and will never consider another Nissan or infinity.

JRampon
Car: Infiniti FX 35 AWD 2009
Audi TT Roadster 2010
VW Fox 1.6 Prime iMotion 2010

Hello.
I'm new here.
I bought FX35 2009.
The engines running but steering wheel does not move.
Any link how to get the motors to make new gears? Thanks.

danthehackster

I realize this is a few years late, but yesterday I was quoted $1200.00 to replace the tilt and telescopic motors in our 09 Murano from Campbell Nissan in Seattle. I saw this thread when looking for repair info and recalls. I was able to squeeze 100k prior to the failure but $1200 for a steering column repair???

I ordered up the Dorman 905-522 kit since both motors appear to be functional. Looks to be a pretty doable evening project but, based on all the feedback on this forum it bewilders me that a company that originates from a country that known for its prized customer service would not back something like this.

Thanks for all the info - it’s much appreciated.

Return to “Murano Forum”