2009 Murano Loss of Brake Pressure

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
[email protected]

AMC-Thank you for your response.We had the car at the Dealer 2-8-18 and they told us the brakes are fine.They gave us paperwork detailing their inspection of the brake system.
Your comments sound as if you have some legal experience. And there truly is an issue with the brake system. Why would the dealer not charge us the customary fee of $125.00 for diagnosis if there was nothing wrong with the system? Good neighborly service repeat service customer?Point being if the changing of brake fluid was a potential fix we would have gladly had the work completed and the $125.00 inspection fee applied to the cost. My feeling was a hear no evil see no evil attitude.I would much prefer having this vehicle repaired than have to buy a new car.The ABS system has been mentioned as a credible repair option. To have to foot the entire bill for an obvious factory defect is unacceptable.The age of the vehicle has nothing to do with an inherent,well documented brake system problem from the factory.

[email protected]

Nissan Corp told us to choke on any $ towards their inherent Brake safety failures on 2009 Muranos.Beware of driving near a 2009 Murano. (even though you will not recognize the vehicle year till it hits you) Unbelievable that such a safety issue can be swept under the rug.Very scarey and pathetic situation.
We bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD yesterday. Plan to yell from the mountain tops anytime I hear the word Nissan mentioned.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Be careful, Jeep is one of the most recalled vehicles out there right now............

[email protected]

AMC49-Given you are a Troll-What color fuzzy hair do you have?

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

What happened? I get thanks and 3 posts later I'm a troll..........
Do you want to hear it or would you rather stay stupid? Your previous postings don't seem to say that.

Let me know when you can do literally everything that can be done to a vehicle and commonly using no specialty tools and on 3 and often 4 vehicles running at all times for over 40 years. I commonly fix things I have never seen before, let's see you go there. Cars are tinkertoys to me, I commonly render fixes that are permanent, or at the very least more permanent than the OEM does and usually at costs that have people who know want to throw up at how much they have to spend to get the same things done. Today R&Red a fuel pump that didn't work for a grand total of $3 in parts, it now works perfectly. Your Nissan problem likely a piece of cake to me. A troll hat would just be another one to wear.

Never mind, stick your head back in the sand................I'm sorry to have bothered you. Quite frankly parts of your wording scream 'high maintenance' person, I used to get customers like you at the garage all the time. You know, the type you refuse to do work for, not based on whether it can be done but more on how much trouble the owner will be in the future. Some of them it runs out of like a leak. You certainly leaked here quick enough and I was only trying to help.

My favorite saying back then and still works now............'Fix the driver first, then fixing the car becomes so much easier.' I can't be blamed if the truth does not fit in your world...........

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

Vandpool who posted above, said his next was a Ford.................big mistake, I've just left Ford after 35 years and you think Nissan is bad about hiding/doing nothing about inherent problems??? Ford will absolutely change your viewpoint on that...........BTDT on multiple models now.

[email protected]

amc-You could not be more wrong on all your bs regarding my profile.If we were face to face after a few back and forths you would see we both see eye to eye on most things. You should stick to commenting about things you Know.For instance,your mechanical feats are to be admired. You are still a high and mighty judgement guy.Enjoy the forum.And keep patting yourself on the back.

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

Thank you.

I've been wrong before but almost always about people and hardly ever the machines and why I liked working on them more than the people. Why I walked away from the family garage turn key and for free. I don't have a lot of patience with things that refuse to be fixed and the machines are not like that. I was however made a manager or super at virtually every place I ever worked at if I stayed there longer than 20 minutes. Fancy that, yeah, I wasn't too big on it either. I have no problem working on myself to improve but just try getting others to do that in crews and the world problem. I have no time for that now but I did find ways in the past to make it work and my workers were extremely loyal as I was one of the few who believed in not asking someone to bust his -ss unless I had the ability to compensate him for it. Yes, I'm haughty, apparently I have the right to be in most cases as I step forward when others are afraid to and I say what needs to be said. Whether they want to hear it or not.

It's a personal fault but I have to work with what I've got just like everybody else.

I'll take that and offer it up as a 'my bad'..........................me not you.

macgiver

Yup it's probably "poor design" , I only read some posts , most the same I almost thought maybe trapped air in ABS ckts ,
nah a few had gotten m/cyl & full bleeds , then I was looking at tech schematics of the hydraulic ckts of a few Nissan / Infiniti ABS systems and shoooot , There's afew check balls that hold back fluid return that is what's probably "Dumping the pedal" ? :rotfl Say a real good jolt on a poorly designed / positioned chk ball will bobble off it's seating like a Drunk Cowgirl on a mechanical Bullrider :facepalm: G.T. 2/23/2018

muranonj

Can someone explain where the check ball is located so I can knock it?

macgiver wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:02 am
Yup it's probably "poor design" , I only read some posts , most the same I almost thought maybe trapped air in ABS ckts ,
nah a few had gotten m/cyl & full bleeds , then I was looking at tech schematics of the hydraulic ckts of a few Nissan / Infiniti ABS systems and shoooot , There's afew check balls that hold back fluid return that is what's probably "Dumping the pedal" ? :rotfl Say a real good jolt on a poorly designed / positioned chk ball will bobble off it's seating like a Drunk Cowgirl on a mechanical Bullrider :facepalm: G.T. 2/23/2018

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

I would give up on that. Checks that stick are usually from corrosion and no hitting is going to fix that. The price of a life lived in brake fluid.

muranonj

Please note there is a recall on all 2009 Murano's with Brake issues. See: https://www.nissanassist.com/campaigns/ ... uid-flush/ In most cases they will do brake fluid flush and run diagnostic and in many cases replace brake actuator. This won't fix the soft brake pedal feel, but will mostly likely prevent lose of brake pressure.

burakkocak884
Car: 2011 Nissan Murano. soft brakes

2011 Nissan Murano 2wd. Soft Brake Problem.
My in-law's 2011 Murano is having exact same issue. It has Soft brakes, and Brake pedal goes all the way to the floor. The issue comes and goes. It is very dangerous to drive. After reading all the complaints here, it seems like nobody has a solid solution other than replacing ABS module which is very expensive to change. I haven't done anything to repair the car yet. I was aiming for Master Cylinder or Power Brake Booster. However, It didn't seem to fix the issue from what i read here.

Return to “Murano Forum”