2008 NICOFEST: Official Carisle Nicofest autocross/drift thread. Please join us

Read about NICOclub events of the past.
Slidinstyle240
Car: 1991 240sx

Id like to sign up for drifting, this will be my first drift event.

D-Rob
Car: K20-Powered Civic coupe

Hello,

I'd like to sign up for the autocross event.

If possible, may I sign up my father as well?

Name: Derek RobinsonCar: 1998 Honda Civic w/K20A2

Name: Bill RobinsonCar: 1988 Honda CRX

If any more info is needed, feel free to e-mail/PM me.

Thanks!

- Derek

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Slidinstyle240 wrote:Id like to sign up for drifting, this will be my first drift event.
You're signed up!
D-Rob wrote:Hello,

I'd like to sign up for the autocross event.

If possible, may I sign up my father as well?- Derek
Absolutely. Both you and your father are now signed up.

Slidinstyle240
Car: 1991 240sx

Bubba, can you email me at [email protected], I have some questions concerning Saturday and how we get onto the fairgrounds.

ThanksMatt

wadedrift
Car: 240sx

I would also like to sign up along with the rest of the Suislide Team.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Slidinstyle240 wrote:Bubba, can you email me at [email protected], I have some questions concerning Saturday and how we get onto the fairgrounds.

ThanksMatt
You got mail.
wadedrift wrote:I would also like to sign up along with the rest of the Suislide Team. /QUOTE]

You're now signed up. If you'd like the rest of the team signed up, I just need a list of their names or have them respond in this thread.Thanks!

acuragsrx
Car: Acura RSX type-S

Hello, I'd like to sign up.

Brandon Kuhn

2006 Acura RSX type-S

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

acuragsrx wrote:Hello, I'd like to sign up.

Brandon Kuhn

2006 Acura RSX type-S
You're now signed up.

See you there.

eddies13
Car: s13

Hey can you sign me up for drifting...My new clutch and turbo should be in by then so it'll be a lot of fun .....Anybody from Lancaster looking to convoy???

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

I'll be there and can help with tech, timing, coursework ect.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

eddies13 wrote:Hey can you sign me up for drifting...My new clutch and turbo should be in by then so it'll be a lot of fun .....Anybody from Lancaster looking to convoy???
the converted wrote:I'll be there and can help with tech, timing, coursework ect.
thank you both.

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

Sent you an email to talk to AEM.

wadedrift
Car: 240sx

wadedrift wrote:I would also like to sign up along with the rest of the Suislide Team. /QUOTE]Quote »You're now signed up. If you'd like the rest of the team signed up, I just need a list of their names or have them respond in this thread.Thanks!
Suislide Drift Squad names:Wade Odrey (s13)Marc Rozzo (s14)Mike Swartz (truck.)Rj Nunley (s13)Jay Marignoni (s14)

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

wadedrift wrote:
Suislide Drift Squad names:Wade Odrey (s13)Marc Rozzo (s14)Mike Swartz (truck.)Rj Nunley (s13)Jay Marignoni (s14)
Great, thanks. They're all now signed up.

Beans00
Car: 1996 Plymouth Breeze

Chalk up another participant for the AutoCross.

I'll be happy to help staff some of the Drifting Sessions as well.

Thanks,

Ben

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

eddies13 wrote: .....Anybody from Lancaster looking to convoy???
yeah def, hit me up. theres a few of us planning on convoying down

argonaut

This sounds like a lot of fun, sign me up! I'll bring one of those American V8's, 07 Mustang GT. Never tried drifting, at least intentionally, maybe one of the experts can give me some pointers.

BZ with GTI
Car: 05 VW GIT 1.8t

i should be there with 2+ cars for auto x

vtectyper
Car: 2001 integra type-r

i've been to carisle many times and never seen the track, guess ill check it out and bring my car by. count me in!

ragingsun
Car: 98 Dodge Stratus 2.5

hey any one got a helment i could rent or old one that i could buy.. im having trouble tryin to get one .. if you do... hit me up... [email protected]

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

ragingsun wrote:hey any one got a helment i could rent or old one that i could buy.. im having trouble tryin to get one .. if you do... hit me up... [email protected]
Unfortunately there will not be any official helmet rentals at this event. There might be a few folks willing to loan theirs, but I would suggest not banking on that. If you know of any friends with motorcycles, perhaps you might be able to borrow theirs. Just be sure to check that the helmet rating sticker inside of whatever helmet you bring meets or exceeds the required rating (SA95 or M95). If there is no snell rating sticker, the helmet can't get used.

shawn366

Bubba1 wrote:Attention all autocrossers and drifters!! NICO wants you and your car for some fun. NICO has once again obtained private use of the Carlisle Fairgrounds race track for some free autocross/drift fun during NICOfest II the Carlisle Performance and Style show on May 10-11 (Sat/Sun).

This is a rare opportunity to run your own car as many times as you want on a wickedly fun autocross course or display your drifting skiils without any fear of getting arrested. Or you can do both! We're talking unlimited runs over two days. No special modifications required for most cars, and the best part is it's free with your paid admission to the Carlisle Performance and Style show (which runs May 9-11).

If you’re interested in drifting/autocrossing your own car while attending big Carlisle Performance and Style show, this is place to do it.

SIGNING UP

If you are already a member of NICO, it’s very easy. Just create a post on this thread (using the reply or quote buttons) and simply let us know that you’re interested in doing it..and you’re in. There are no fees or penalties if you don’t show up (except for some possible teasing by your fellow NICOnauts) We do ask that you try to volunteer some time to help staff the event. For example, If you’re planning to just drift, we hope you will help staff the autocross sessions, and vice versa. We appreciate any help you can provide.

If you are not a member of NICO, it’s also very easy. Please take a few moments to register with NICO at the following link.

zerouser?cmd=register

NICOclub is completely free. There are no obligations, no fees, no hidden charges, no junk mail. You do not need to own a Nissan or Infiniti to participate in this event. Once you've registered with NICO, please return to this very thread. That link is below.

zerothread/310483

Then just make a post on this thread (using the reply or quote buttons) advising us that you’d like to participate. And that’s it! You’re signed up. We will extract the rest of your information from the NICO profile that you just created. Please feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions by posting on this thread as well. It will be closely monitored by the NICO Staff. We also invite you to explore the world of NICO which is a large friendly community of Nissan/Infiniti enthusiasts.

You can also register free without formally joining NICO by showing up in person with your car at the NICOfest tent located at the Carlisle track (northside of the property) on Friday May 9th. The first day of the Carlisle Performance and Style show. Walk-ins on Saturday/Sunday are also all welcome, but will be charged a nominal fee to participate.

Registering for the NICOfest autocross and drift does not exclude you from enjoying the many activities that the Carlisle Performance and Style show offers.

Here are the general rules/requirements to participate in the NICOfest Drift/Autrocross event:

General Event Rules

- Participants must be 18 or older licensed drivers

- Event is open to all registered drivers with any make car that pass our technical inspection, and who have signed the necessary waivers. No special equipment is required for most cars.

- No SUV’s or trucks will be permitted to participate unless approved byeventmaster.

- All convertibles must have approved aftermarket rollbar or roll cageinstalled with minimum 4 pt belts. Convertible roll bars must also meet the “2 inch broomstick rule”, where there must be at least 2” ofclearance between the top of the drivers helmet and bottom edge ofthe top roll bar cross

- the tech requirements for your car appear later in this thread.

- The only insurance covering drivers and their vehicles during this event istheir own. Carlisle Events and NICO are not responsible for anydamages, injuries, thefts.

- This driving event is free to those who have pre-registered on this NICO thread or in person on Friday May 9th at the NICOfest tent at the Carlisle Performance and Style show. Participants must still pay admission to the Carlisle Performance and Style show.

- Un-registered participants (walk ins) are also welcome on Saturday/Sunday, but will be subject to a small fee to participate over and above the admission to the Carlisle Performance and Style show.

-There will be no rental helmets available so participants must supply theirown SA95 or M95 (or newer) rated helmets (no cracks). SAE/DOT rated helmets are not acceptable for this event. Bicycle helmets are also not acceptable. It is okay to share helmets, but each participant must advise during tech/registration if he or she is sharing helmets.

- Long cotton pants/cotton shirts mandatory while driving on track (jeansare fine, but no shorts.)

- No flip/flops or sandals on track. Closed shoes only (sneakers are fine).

- Windbreaker/plastic jackets (which melt in fires), are not permitted for ontrack driving.

- Cars only need to be tech’ed once for the duration of the event.

-There is no minimum or maximum # of runs. Run as often as you'd like.

-There will be no separate running classes.

-Only cars that have passed tech with registered participants that havesigned the waivers will be permitted on course.

- There can be more than one driver per car, but each driver must beregistered. Cars with more than one driver only need to be tech’d once.

- Runs can only be made while track is staffed and operating green. Nounauthorized private sessions allowed unless specifically approvedby the eventmaster.

- Each car will be assigned a number, please make sure it is displayed onon both sides of the car, preferably side rear windows

- Driver’s window must be open while on track. Sunroofs must be closed

- No passengers permitted on track unless approved by Eventmaster.

- If passengers are approved, they must have signed waivers and wear an approved helmet.

- One vehicle will be on the track at one time.

- Cars will need to be completely emptied of loose articles (including radardetectors, maps, tools, floor mats, etc. before going on the track.

- There will be a fenced in paddock area, but Carlisle Events and NICO assume no responsibility for any lost or stolen property.

- Autocross runs will be timed and tracked by car number.

- In-car video equipment is permitted but must be securely mounted, nosuction cup mounts. Must not obstruct drivers view. Eventmaster,NICO, or starter reserve right to refuse a setup.

-No alcohol beverages in the paddock or on track.

- Smoking is not permitted in the pit/track area.

- No pets

- No bedding of brakes or testing of vehicles in the paddock area

- Only park in designated areas. If you must jack your car up, please use wood or metal under the jack/jackstands to prevent damage to the asphalt.

- Please remove all used tires, parts, liquids, garbage before leaving.

- The facility will not have gas,oil, or air, so you’ll need to check your carsprior to arrival.

- Bad behavior may result in dismissal from event or facilities. Please followstarter/corner worker flag instructions.

-Participants are asked to volunteer to help operate the event, like corner working, registration, or tech. The cars can only run if the corners are staffed.

- Have fun

CAR "TECH" REQUIREMENTS

Here is what will be required to pass the technical inspection. Essentially if your car can pass a state inspection, it should pass tech.

Engine compartment: no leaks, fluids okay, belts tight, throttle free, no cheap tape on hoses.

Brakes: fluid clean, full.

Brake lights/signals: operational

Battery: mounted securely

Wipers: functional

Tires: legal tread, no cuts, no cord showing, no dry rot

Wheels: no missing lugnuts. Torque will be checked during tech.

Interior: all loose items removed, glove box empty, floor mats removed,

Restraints – factory seat belts are acceptable.

Fire Extinguisher – optional, but if present must be securely mounted

Trunk : emptied, and secured

Helmet: SA95/M95 ratings or newer. No cracks. DOT/SAE rated helmets are not acceptable,

Gas cap : present and secured.

VOLUNTEERS

Since this is a free event, we’ll need volunteers to make it happen.Volunteers are naturally welcome to drive. And with the track open for so many hours, we’ll need everyone to volunteer some time. Here are the areas where we are asking for volunteer help

Tech inspector: working a simple checklist, don’t need to be a mechanic.

Registration: Drivers need to register after passing tech, pretty straight forward. Involves signing and filing waiver forms, issuing numbers and wristbands.

Time Keepers for autocross. Operate stopwatch, update clipboard. .

Corner workers: for safety, picking up cones, watching for debris, spin outs, fluids, etc.

Photographer: to post shots on NICO’s website

Starter: In charge of safety, launches drivers. Coordinates with corner workers.

OTHER DETAILS

You will go thru tech prior to registration. Once you,your car, and your helmet pass tech, you then register at the tent a few feet away, where you will sign waivers and be issued a wrist band and number for your car (the numbers are to be taped to the inside of the side rear windows. Please wear the wrist band for the duration of the event.

You only need to register once for the duration of the event.

The Carlisle main gates will open at 0800 both days. the official address is as follows:.

Carlisle Fairgrounds1000 Bryn Mawr RoadCarlisle PA 17013-1588

Carlisle is just west of Harrisburg PA. convenient to the PA turnpike andI-81.

The track itself is located on the north side of the property, and can be seen from the PA turnpike. It’s an out-and-back asphalt course with a grass infield. There are some on and off camber turns that make this course more interesting than a normal parking lot autocross setup. It is a second gear course, but you should find it quite challenging. There will be a lot of spectators which adds to the excitement. Both the track and paddock are fenced in. Once signed in you will be issued a wristband which will give you unlimited access to the paddock.

We will publish the autocross/drift schedules as soon as they get finalized. We will be alternating sessions between autocross and drifting. The drifting will be featured by the Carlisle Performance and style show so expect plenty of spectators.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask here. We hope you will join us at the Carlisle Performance and Style show for some extra special fun with your car.
see you there

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

shawn366 wrote:see you there

Butters08
Car: s14

i'll be there, probably just gonna autocross son!

corey240
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Base Drift Machine

WOW! this is coming up faster then i hoped for. im dieing to make it this year i can see alot of very long days and late late nights the next 2 weeks. Last year i was sick, now i had surgery which setback finishing building my motor. im quit determind to drift this course so we'll see what happens but if i cant drive it id love to help out as much as possible.

i havnt had time to keep up on anything with nico latly im so buisy and not having a computer is the problem so iff you need help i might be having a few hands (or atleast 2 anyway) so throw me an email bubba [email protected] i can atleast check my email on my phone and get on every forum except for nico

starkos14
Car: s14 R33*, 99 gs300(2jz-gte soon)

bringin more wheels this year! hopefully more track time this year

slo_coupe
Car: 90 240sx fastback

Could i use a motorcycle helmet that says DOT & SNELL approved? The people at the Cycle shop said i could but i dunno....

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

slo_coupe wrote:Could i use a motorcycle helmet that says DOT & SNELL approved? The people at the Cycle shop said i could but i dunno....
The answer is maybe. The words “DOT & SNELL approved” by themselves are not enough to pass tech. The helmet must have an actual Snell RATING sticker attached to it. DOT or SAE approvals are not applicable. It's gotta have a specific Snell rating no older than M95.

That cycle shop should be able to tell you over the phone what rating the helmet has. The Snell rating sticker is normally colored and glued to the inside the helmet. If the Snell rating is M95 or newer, you're good to go.But if the sticker is older than M95 or if there is no sticker at all, then it can't be used for this event.

I hope that helps.

slo_coupe
Car: 90 240sx fastback

ok kool thanks

starkos14
Car: s14 R33*, 99 gs300(2jz-gte soon)

and again this year, ill be happy to help out with anything

Return to “Past NICO Events”