2008 NICOFEST Atlanta: OFFICIAL NICOFEST INFORMATION!!!!

Read about NICOclub events of the past.
RS12Turbo

Very good to know, thank you

RS12Turbo

Finally....just registered

On a side note....I emailed the contact on Motorsports Nationals website in regards to what time we can bring our cars in, and what time we can bring them out, since I didn't see it listed anywhere.He responded back and said we can bring them in between 6-9am, and then we can't leave with them till after 8pm. Gonna be kinda of a long day since I'm leaving to come over Sat. morning and will have to leave here at around 4am because of the time change....then heading back after we're released Should be fun though....can't wait!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

good call... we should make sandwiches beforehand.

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

Looks like I have to skip. I got booked for a wedding for Friday night.

AxiOn419
Car: 1991 240sx SE Super-Hicas w/ RB20DET

I was initially going to register for indoors but it appears that it is going to be a huge hassle. Must have 1/4 tank of gas or less, locking gas cap, disconnect battery, your car WILL BE SEARCHED for 1-3 minutes (to make sure its up to snuff with the fire safety regulations) and you must be there VERY early and can not leave until the show is over.. I will be on the outside in order to bypass all the headaches. Though I will be going indoors to check everything out

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

my guess is that you probably aren't going to NEED to do all that, but if something happens they can have the paperwork to back them up.

Locking gas cap? Cmon, that will never happen.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:my guess is that you probably aren't going to NEED to do all that, but if something happens they can have the paperwork to back them up.

Locking gas cap? Cmon, that will never happen.
By locking gas cap, they mean one that goes "click" when you tighten it. Not an actual lock and key.

AxiOn419

They seem pretty serious about their guidelines. They posted on the website earlier today the procedure for the show cars on the day of the event and they reiterate the guidelines there.

"What are the vehicle guidelines for parking inside?

Vehicles with gasoline/diesel may be displayed with ¼ tank of fuel or (5) gallons, whichever is less remaining in the tank. We will have an onsite pump service available, this will be provided by a third-party service. A locking gas cap must be installed or the tank must be adequately sealed by tape or in some other appropriate manner, and battery must be disconnected or ignition disabled. If you should need power you can order local power from the GICC to suit your needs."

Seriously???? Gas is $5 a gallon at the moment and there will be a service provided that pumps gas OUT of my tank? No thanks.

and

"At that point for inside cars, local authorities will need to search each vehicle for 1-3 minutes and you will then need to provide your three tickets to the event staff with the scanner."

I was under the assumption that "locking gas cap" meant one with an actual lock on it but what you said makes more sense. Though if I remember correctly, 240's do not have a clicking cap, it just tightens, not sure if that qualifies as locking.

That is why I decided to park outside.. to avoid all of that. I hope it all goes smoothly for you guys though!

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

AxiOn419 wrote:They seem pretty serious about their guidelines. They posted on the website earlier today the procedure for the show cars on the day of the event and they reiterate the guidelines there.

"What are the vehicle guidelines for parking inside?

Vehicles with gasoline/diesel may be displayed with ¼ tank of fuel or (5) gallons, whichever is less remaining in the tank. We will have an onsite pump service available, this will be provided by a third-party service. A locking gas cap must be installed or the tank must be adequately sealed by tape or in some other appropriate manner, and battery must be disconnected or ignition disabled. If you should need power you can order local power from the GICC to suit your needs."

Seriously???? Gas is $5 a gallon at the moment and there will be a service provided that pumps gas OUT of my tank? No thanks.

and

"At that point for inside cars, local authorities will need to search each vehicle for 1-3 minutes and you will then need to provide your three tickets to the event staff with the scanner."

I was under the assumption that "locking gas cap" meant one with an actual lock on it but what you said makes more sense. Though if I remember correctly, 240's do not have a clicking cap, it just tightens, not sure if that qualifies as locking.

That is why I decided to park outside.. to avoid all of that. I hope it all goes smoothly for you guys though!
They click, you just have to turn it farther As for the on-site pumping service, I don't think that is to pump gas out of your car. I think it's there so that you can buy gas when you leave so that you don't run out on the way to the gas station.

As for the car searches, that's no big deal. So what. They always said that before at AMS too, and although they rarely did, they still had to say it so that they had permission to do so. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Disconnecting the battery looks to be the biggest pain in my eye, but even that is no big deal.

AxiOn419

Well I concede my argument, looks as though it probably wont be that big of a deal

Though I still do not want to have to get there between 6am-10am to park and then be forced to stay until it ends. I think they want the cars that are parking outside to stay the entire day as well but I cant see that being enforced like it will be for the inside cars.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Fine then, park outside... don't be baller.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

We'll be setting up in both locations... Regardless of where you set up, make sure to hurry and get registered under NICOclub or we're gonna have to share space with....

Hondas.

GET IT ON!!!!!!!!

p.s. Friday night pre-meet is a NICOfest tradition - We'll have the NICO models there, great food, old friends, and good times!!!

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Ok guys, here's what's going on with the show!

As some of you who are already registered know, there will be a load in time on Friday afternoon, as well as Saturday and Sunday mornings to get parked inside. Let me just answer a few questions for you guys because I know there has been a lot of confusion.

ALL Nissans will be allowed to park inside. We will have a couple people manning the entrance to direct you, but if you are in a Nissan OR a NICO member, you can park inside. NICO has a reserved section for Nissans inside. Regardless of what emails you get from Motorsports Nationals, you will be able to park inside as a NICO member. The emails you are getting are a mass email that are sent out to all registrants. The NICO parking is an exception to this mass email.

You may come in between 2 and 5pm on Friday to set up, or 6 and 10am on Saturday to set up. You will not be able to leave Saturday until the show is over, but you probably won't want to anyway. The NICO section will be located right next to the vendor area. We will have tables and chairs for you to rest your feet. We'll have 4 beautiful girls modeling for us (2 of which actually work at a Nissan dealer, so they know their stuff)!

In addition to this, we will be giving away free NICO posters, and selling 2008 calendars, as well as debuting our 2009 calendars. In fact, I'm saying it now, that if you buy a 2009 calendar, we'll give you a 2008 calendar for free! We'll also have T-shirts, windshield banners, and possibly a few other goodies for sale. Plus, don't forget, you get to hang out with 4 hot models all day if you register with us!

Earlier this week, Motorsports Nationals sent out an email going over the guidelines to park inside. Some people were detoured because of what appears to be strict rules. These rules are not near as strict as people are reading into them. The 2 biggest things are that you must have less than 1/4 tank of gas and your battery must be disconnected. That's not that big of deal for the opportunity to park inside, in the A/C, right next to vendor row, and be in the NICO section. Just make sure that if you have to fill up between now and the weekend, only put a few bucks worth of gas in your car. I'm sure most of you can handle that. Cars will be searched coming in, so don't bring anything you know you shouldn't. You know, like knives, guns, drugs, etc. Just don't be a retard and everything should go smooth.

We need more people to register though. As Greg mentioned in the above post, if we don't have more people registering soon, we'll be forced to combine our reserved area with the Honda crowd. None of us want that!

For those of you who can make it, definitely try to make it to out dinner on Friday night at the Roadhouse Grill. This is an absolute blast, as I'm sure those of you who have been before can attest to. You get to meet everybody, talk cars, eat good steak, and do what we all do best...drink beer (from a mason jar)!!

This may be an all new venue for this show, but be assured that it'll be just as good as previous shows and then some. You guys will be disappointed if you miss out!!

On another topic, if anyone plans on being in town Thursday night, we are planning on getting together and grabbing a bite to eat somewhere, hanging out, etc. Greg and I will be headed to the convention center early Friday morning to set up our booth, so he's coming in Thursday afternoon. We don't have any plans Thursday night other than to hang out, so if anyone wants to join us, let us know!! Also, if you aren't doing anything Friday morning and want to help us set up, let us know and we'll get you in Friday morning for setup.

If anyone has any questions regarding the schedule, or where we are, or getting in, or anything else, feel free to call me. I'll have my cell on my all weekend. My number is 404-819-5496. See you guys there!!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

I didn't get that email. Come to think of it, is there anything that proves I paid besides my credit card bill?

AxiOn419

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:I didn't get that email. Come to think of it, is there anything that proves I paid besides my credit card bill?
You can log in to showclix (www.showclix.com) and it will have your tickets in .pdf format there for you to print.

cornwhiskey
Car: 1990 240sx

ill be there had fun hanging out with you guys at import alliance..just got the car painted.

Return to “Past NICO Events”