2008 EX35 with no backup camera - Anyway to wire it up to stock screen?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
tdotnico
Car: 2008 EX35

Hi everyone,

I recently got an EX35 with 260k km on it. I've had it for a little over 5 months and absolutely love it. I'm a big time mod freak so for now I've done some mods here and there, but this one has a 'pending' status because I am still contemplating wiring it up to the stock non-touch screen on the 08's, or have that screen replaced with a double din android head unit (found a supplier in China that can make it for our car for under $400 CAD).

Back to the topic at hand:

Anybody has removed the entire cover for the back door to check whether the backup camera wires are there, and that infniti simply tucks them/hides them at the factory for lower trim levels, or they don't run the wires at all?

My neighbor has an 2013 ex37 and we often do the same mods. When we changed our reverse lights to LED ones, we found out his EX37 has the wires for the camera. Mine does not. but I have not removed the entire back panel to inspect if maybe infiniti hid the wires.

See a video below we made while inspecting his 2013 EX37:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YBWoxUBDfefM6p3N6

And this is the aftermarket backup camera I installed in January:

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”