2007 Sentra 2.0SL Suspension help

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Ravel36

Looking for some suspension advice. I have a 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0SL. I am looking for basic suspension upgrades to give the car better handling, but not track worthy handling like my other car. Being new to Nissan aftermarket I am not sure which brands can provide this. I am looking for modest improvement as I have a 60mile round trip to work 4 days out of the week. I'd like to know of the recommended spring and strut/shock combination for a modest performance set up. Also the drop should be none-to-modest ie no more than 1.5".

I did attempt to do some research and found some kyb struts/shocks and h&r springs. I am not sure if this would fit what I am looking for. Any suggestions?

Ravel36

Bump!

SoundEfx

Are coilovers out of the question?

Ravel36

Yea. I suspect the ride would be too rough. I am basing that on my other car (STi) though. This is my current daily driver.

SoundEfx

The roughness depends on the spring rate of the coilovers.
My rough estimation is:
Street only : 6 - 7K
Some street some track : 8 - 10K
Track : 11 - 12K.

For my acura, the only spring rate I see for coilovers are 12K and only then did I realize why so many people HATE buying coilovers for their car.
It's WAY TOO harsh for everyday driving.

I have some 6K coilovers on my nissan and the ride is smooth as butter. Keep in mind that it also depends on your tire and rim size as well and I'm running on 18's with 40 ratio tires.

Also, don't go too cheap. I have BC racing coilovers and never regretted buying them.

Again, this is only my opinion.

Ravel36

That's done good info. Thanks. I think I am going to go with the H&R springs. I spoke with them and they stated that their springs are designed for stock struts and shocks.

As for coil overs, I have them obviously my STi and I think they are too harsh. I have kw variant 3's. I think in the future I'll swap the springs with some swift coils that are much more streetable.

Coil overs for this car is to expensive if they even make them. I am not sure if the se-r parts can for this car.

SoundEfx

You're right, they are not cheap.
http://www.andysautosport.com/coilovers ... /2007.html

Keep us posted on the out come of your upgrade.

Ravel36

Cool, thanks for providing that information. Ill be sure to post up once I have everything installed.

Ravel36

Went with the H&R sport springs. They made a huge difference in the car and provided a major improvement in the cars handling and overall balance over bumps. They greatly reduced the undulation from side to side that the car was susceptible to. They also reduced the amount of lean in the car during the turns. Overall I'm satisfied with them. This isn't my Sub STi, but it gives the car a bit of sporty feel for a DD.

SoundEfx

Glad that you're enjoying your car.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”